Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone removed the puck from one band and switched it with another? Trying to finalize the colors we are going to get. And, i was thinking about getting me and my wife contrasting colors and us swapping bands to have alternating colors for the puck and bands. If so, any pics?

has anyone removed the puck from one band and switched it with another? Trying to finalize the colors we are going to get. And, i was thinking about getting me and my wife contrasting colors and us swapping bands to have alternating colors for the puck and bands. If so, any pics?

No pictures but it's pretty easy to get out but you'll need your own screwdriver for that, I find I didn't own any small enough so I was a little more forceful in removing it and your going to have to have one to screw it back in.

I kind of wish I went with a different color for my AP band because I think the icon will look funny as move it around, especially since I am just waiting for the grey keychain to come out and that's where it's going to live for a couple years.

I was planning something similar. I'm travelling with MIL and she loves purple so I sacrificed and went for pink for me. I thought about getting the 2017 band I saw on Magic Band Collectors and swapping the pink puck into it.

Ok so I'm not sure if it has been asked or if it is on here but here it goes.

Me and my friend bought the MB 2.0 Star Wars Director Krenic limited band. It is supposed to make a special sound and light up differently. He went to DHS one day and it did that special effect, but I just went about a day ago and mine NEVER did the special sound or anything. I asked a cast member about it, and he told me it will not always happen, it is something random that happens that is supposed to be a Magical Moment, does anyone know if that is true? Or could my band just have a defect?

Ok so I'm not sure if it has been asked or if it is on here but here it goes.

Me and my friend bought the MB 2.0 Star Wars Director Krenic limited band. It is supposed to make a special sound and light up differently. He went to DHS one day and it did that special effect, but I just went about a day ago and mine NEVER did the special sound or anything. I asked a cast member about it, and he told me it will not always happen, it is something random that happens that is supposed to be a Magical Moment, does anyone know if that is true? Or could my band just have a defect?
Your MB does not have a defect. The entrance touchpoint "reads" the RFID info in your MB and then sounds are activated at the touchpoint, not the MB. It probably is a Magical Moment that only occurs at DHS touchpoints.

Themed effects bands do seem to have a home park where they go off all the time (seasonal ones tend to not) and from there it's random. I think the tapstyles are smarter also, if they are being heavily used they seem to just stop doing it so if your in a giant line to get into the park, your probably not going to get the effect but if you walk up to a quiet tapstyle you do.. that is just a guess.

As far as I know, I'm the only one running around without a band.
I do that too. Although I don't even bother with the puck. I carry my AP card in a small leather(ish) card case with my photo ID, credit card and some cash. That's all I need. No I don't get any of the long-distance features, but that doesn't matter to me. However, when in the parks with my Wife, she does wear a MB so any long-distance features work for her and I'm usually in the picture too.

Do magic band 2s still fit on a child's wrist? I have a 3 yr old and shes got pretty small wrists... Debating if there is any real reason to choose buying Magic Band 2 over 1. We aren't staying on property, but I like the idea of using them for photos and fast passes. Was thinking about getting them ahead from disneystore.com since sometimes I have coupons there and now sales tax for me.

Do magic band 2s still fit on a child's wrist? I have a 3 yr old and shes got pretty small wrists... Debating if there is any real reason to choose buying Magic Band 2 over 1. We aren't staying on property, but I like the idea of using them for photos and fast passes. Was thinking about getting them ahead from disneystore.com since sometimes I have coupons there and now sales tax for me.
They will still go small enough to go round the wrist, but I've seen photos where the new middle section looks massive and uncomfortable on a small wrist. I haven't seen them in person but if it was me I'd probably go for old style for now.

They will still go small enough to go round the wrist, but I've seen photos where the new middle section looks massive and uncomfortable on a small wrist. I haven't seen them in person but if it was me I'd probably go for old style for now.

Yeah, I was thinking they looked very bulky for a small child, especially since she also has a wrist phone for if I lose her purposes.. .though I guess she doesn't need that with the magic band mabye...

And since it probably will be a couple years until we are back at WDW anyways, I think I'll do an old band for her. I might get the 2.0. The new ones aren't supposed ot last longer or have batteries you can change, do they?

Yeah, I was thinking they looked very bulky for a small child, especially since she also has a wrist phone for if I lose her purposes.. .though I guess she doesn't need that with the magic band mabye...

go with what makes you comfortable with the wrist phone, you should feel relaxed also ;) don't rush to get her one or worry about it. If your getting yourself one, wait until you have it and see how it would fit when it's in your hand. It takes a few minutes to buy one at the park if you feel you actually want her to have one after you can see them to decide. They aren't that much larger than the old bands.

And since it probably will be a couple years until we are back at WDW anyways, I think I'll do an old band for her. I might get the 2.0. The new ones aren't supposed ot last longer or have batteries you can change, do they?

They view the icon as a way to replace the battery by just swapping icons. The catch22, they do not plan to sell just icons at this time so you'll need to get another band to get the icon to swap into the old band. Very handy if your getting a limited edition or design you really like but not so handy if it's just solid colors or the lower cost bands.

I found some pics of people color swapping.

C2gzP3CWgAAxwsE.jpg

C2dOGapXEAAJBR_.jpg

Are the Magic Bands active for park admission on the first day of arrival even though we haven't checked into the resort yet? We are driving and want to go straight to the parks in the morning the first day we arrive, and then head to the resort later that day to check into our room.

Are the Magic Bands active for park admission on the first day of arrival even though we haven't checked into the resort yet? We are driving and want to go straight to the parks in the morning the first day we arrive, and then head to the resort later that day to check into our room.

If it's the check in day, they should be along with your meal plan if you have one. Any issues and guest relations is right there to activate them so don't worry about going direct to park.

Our bands have been in personalization status for weeks, we check in the 30th so we'll probably be issued grey ones at check in correct?

Our bands have been in personalization status for weeks, we check in the 30th so we'll probably be issued grey ones at check in correct?

did you make the reservation between 2 and 4 weeks of the 30th? if yes, then your customized bands will be waiting for you. if no and longer, get on the phone right away and inquire as they can still send customized ones to the resort to pick up in time. If no and under 2 weeks, it'll be grey bands.

Looks fab! Can't wait to do it with pink/purple. DH would love the green/purple combo.
My wife and daughter are gonna do the pink/purple combos. My oldest boy will have orange bracelet/yellow icon, youngest son green bracelet/orange icon, and myself yellow bracelet/green icon. Tomorrow is 30 days out for us. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter