Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you call they can probably fix this up in 10-15 minutes.. you spent hours and right back where you started..

if you call they can probably fix this up in 10-15 minutes.. you spent hours and right back where you started..
Well I might just do that, but I didn't spend hours, maybe 20 minutes tops. I'm just glad I noticed it though before we leave.

I might call on Monday. Or is there a better time to be able to get through? Any suggestions?

I might call on Monday. Or is there a better time to be able to get through? Any suggestions?

It's more what happened that makes it busy. If your calling on a day a new discount came out, it's going to be horrible experience. Generally I just grab the phone and rarely do I hang up and try again later but sometimes I will if I waited more than a couple minutes for someone to help.

Well I mught call tomorrow or Monday, maybe no discounts will be released in the next day or two.

We just got our first Annual passes on our last trip in December. We are now booked for a new trip in April and I'm wondering on the magic bands. On the Disney Experience site I can choose bands for the room, or passholder. If i choose for the room will it have our passholder tickets on it? Or should I choose the passholder ones to order and it will have our room reservations linked up?

We just got our first Annual passes on our last trip in December. We are now booked for a new trip in April and I'm wondering on the magic bands. On the Disney Experience site I can choose bands for the room, or passholder. If i choose for the room will it have our passholder tickets on it? Or should I choose the passholder ones to order and it will have our room reservations linked up?

Everything is in MDE and not on the band. The band is linked to a specific person and you can think of it as an electronic id bracelet for disney computers to find that person in mde fast. They work interchangeably without doing anythign so you can use whatever old, new or purchased ones at any moment as long as they are linked to you in MDE they will work.. They are not only for 1 trip, old bands will work on new trips.

Also all resort and AP bands now are 2.0 bands so you might want to at least get 1 set. the ap bands will arrive 10 days after you customize them. you might want to hang onto those and don't customize them until you want them because if something new comes out (colors, style, etc) you can get them for free as long as it's before your AP needs to be renewed (and then you'll get another set for the renewal year as well). the resort bands will ship about a month before checkin as normal.

Many like to mix and match colors and coordinate them so they will take any band they can get for free and customize them differently.

Another question for you @Accident :) So I ordered my MB for my AP (not activated yet) and it was being tracked for the past 1.5 weeks and was projected to arrive Thurs/yesterday (27th). Today again a no show and when I logged into MDE just now, where I used to be able to track it has disappeared and the MB shows up under my profile figure as IF it HAS been delivered. Have you seen this happen before? I know last time that I checked it was at usps in the City next to mine and had been tracked there for 3 days...sooooo...should I worry...just wait til Monday and hope it arrives? TIA for any suggestions :flower:

Another question for you @Accident :) So I ordered my MB for my AP (not activated yet) and it was being tracked for the past 1.5 weeks and was projected to arrive Thurs/yesterday (27th). Today again a no show and when I logged into MDE just now, where I used to be able to track it has disappeared and the MB shows up under my profile figure as IF it HAS been delivered. Have you seen this happen before? I know last time that I checked it was at usps in the City next to mine and had been tracked there for 3 days...sooooo...should I worry...just wait til Monday and hope it arrives? TIA for any suggestions :flower:

If the USPS told disney they delivered it, yes you should be concerned. Track it again (you do have the number?) and call the post office to find out where it really is.. also let disney know that you didn't actually get it, they will probably send out more.

If the USPS told disney they delivered it, yes you should be concerned. Track it again (you do have the number?) and call the post office to find out where it really is.. also let disney know that you didn't actually get it, they will probably send out more.

Unfortunately I don't have any number or info. Under the category of MBs & Cards it just showed up as a button that I could click for the past week +, now it has just disappeared :( I never thought to write anything down as it said it was basically 6 miles away...oye vay :scared: I will call USPS and see what they say first. Thank you fine sir for the advice :)

Unfortunately I don't have any number or info. Under the category of MBs & Cards it just showed up as a button that I could click for the past week +, now it has just disappeared :( I never thought to write anything down as it said it was basically 6 miles away...oye vay :scared: I will call USPS and see what they say first. Thank you fine sir for the advice :)

disney emails you that they shipped and that email should contain the tracking number,

disney emails you that they shipped and that email should contain the tracking number,

Ahhh, gotcha. We're using my mother's MDE for this trip cuz its for the entire family this time....I'm managing the account but its still linked to her email. I'll have her check, thanks again!

Ahhh, gotcha. We're using my mother's MDE for this trip cuz its for the entire family this time....I'm managing the account but its still linked to her email. I'll have her check, thanks again!

it would have shipped to whatever address is on the account with the reservation.

We received our magic bands this week for a trip we have in two weeks :) When the box was delivered, the postman put a rubber band and a piece of paper around the box. We did not notice the box had been completely opened before delivery. What should be in the box? We received both magic bands so they are not missing but should anything else be in the box? Is there any way the magic bands could be compromised?

Thanks in advance for your help, this is our first trip in many years and magic bands are new to us :)

We received our magic bands this week for a trip we have in two weeks :) When the box was delivered, the postman put a rubber band and a piece of paper around the box. We did not notice the box had been completely opened before delivery. What should be in the box? We received both magic bands so they are not missing but should anything else be in the box? Is there any way the magic bands could be compromised?

Thanks in advance for your help, this is our first trip in many years and magic bands are new to us :)

Nope, it's just a box of magic bands. They are durable and waterproof and should be just fine. remember your going to be wearing it, you can jump in the pool with it on. the box coming open is minor compared to your week wearing them at WDW.

Have any Canadians or International guests (who get Magicbands at check-in instead of mailed) got the new Magicband 2 at check-in yet? I'm just wondering because I have a few days left to customize my bands and if I get the Magicband 2 I want red, but if I get an old one I different colour.

Have any Canadians or International guests (who get Magicbands at check-in instead of mailed) got the new Magicband 2 at check-in yet? I'm just wondering because I have a few days left to customize my bands and if I get the Magicband 2 I want red, but if I get an old one I different colour.

there is 1 website saying it's feb 2 that picked up bands will be 2.0 not clear on their source or if it's check in date or customize by date. take your best guess but it's close to being 2.0

I've not heard anything. I assume it's any day now as there is only 1 group of people (those that pickup bands at the resort) that still get 1.0 bands.

Quick update-- checked at Disney Springs this morning and a few resorts yesterday, the accessories for the magic bands 2 are not available anywhere.

The cast member in Disney Springs acted like I was nuts and told me "magic bands 2 are not for sale yet at all." I didn't bother explaining that some of us had already received them, and really wanted the accessories :)

We are Canadians and we are traveling in late March. We really want the MB 2.0 this trip so I have been holding out on customizing our bands. Based on your previous post we should receive the 2.0 but the icons in the customization screen look like MB 1.0... Does this matter? Did the people who received MB 2.0 see the new bands in their MDE when customizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter