DVC and Deluxe should get more FP+ and an earlier window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shelled out a lot of money to become a DVC member. 20k to be exact. I believe that I should be treated accordingly.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone who is paying $100 per night to stay at All Star Music gets the same number of FP+ and the same booking window of FP+.

I made a long-term commitment to go to WDW. They know I made this commitment because they have my signature on their DVC contract. They should give me something extra to pay me back.

I know what the negative responses will be: How can you say that you greedy SOB...everyone should be treated equally regardless of how much money they have! Well that's not how the real world works. It's not like Disney is giving away access to their parks for free.

I paid a lot of money for DVC, as have several thousands of other people. People who stay at Grand Floridian or Yacht Club spend a truckload more than people at Pop Century. We should be treated fairly.

It is not fair that people who stay at lesser accommodations have the same access rights that people who stay at the best accommodations have.

And Off-Siters shouldn't get any FP+s. Why should Disney give them a damn thing?

When a valuable good or service is scarce the market needs to adjust the price to reflect this scarcity. Disney's FP+ is a scarce resource. It's simple Econ 101.

This is very upsetting to me.

Let's spin it this way: Let's say a family (of lesser means than you, obviously) has spent 3 years saving up to book their Disney vacation, booked it a year out, made their ADRs 180 days out, FP+ reservations the day they could, etc. And they know that this is probably the ONLY time they can take their children to Disney World. Why should THIS family be treated less than you and your family? If anything, THEY are the ones that should be given a few "freebies" as this very well could be their only time going to Disney World - a destination that I firmly believe every child should experience.

And, let's take it 1 step further: When I worked at Splash Mountain I cannot tell you how many Make A Wish children I saw. You know that this will actually be their first, and only, trip to Disney World. It breaks my heart just thinking about it now. Why should they be treated any less than you as far as FP+ reservations go?

I think if you put yourself in their shoes your opinion might change. And if not, then I am very sorry.

It is a fact that Deluxe resort occupancy is way down the last few years. That's why they're converting Poly and Wilderness Lodge rooms to DVC.

Perhaps the DVC conversions are why occupancy is down because guests don't want to stay in the same resort as "those people" ???

:rotfl2:

My family is very close to buying in as well. Our initial cost is going to be nearly double the OPs. I propose they can only use the top of the world lounge between the hours of 6am and 8am, so I never have to worry about breathing the same oxygen as them, since clearly I am so superior to them. As for the non-DVCers, I insist they always look down at the ground when I am passing them in the parks and get automatically ejected if they DARE make eye contact with me.

Disney already tiers to some degree between onsite and offsite guests and I can foresee additional "modest" perks for DVC and deluxe resorts in future. Other parks such as universal already do this i.e. deluxe versus budget have different park benefits.

If Deluxe resort occupancy is down, it's not cause of FP+. It's because they are charging ridiculous prices for their rooms.

We always get 2 rooms on a cruise or at a normal hotel, but at Disney Deluxe, we put 5 people in one room. Yeah, we deal with it. I don't want to spend 10k (or more, :eek: ) for a week on 2 hotel rooms.

I shelled out a lot of money to become a DVC member. 20k to be exact. I believe that I should be treated accordingly. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone who is paying $100 per night to stay at All Star Music gets the same number of FP+ and the same booking window of FP+. I made a long-term commitment to go to WDW. They know I made this commitment because they have my signature on their DVC contract. They should give me something extra to pay me back. I know what the negative responses will be: How can you say that you greedy SOB...everyone should be treated equally regardless of how much money they have! Well that's not how the real world works. It's not like Disney is giving away access to their parks for free. I paid a lot of money for DVC, as have several thousands of other people. People who stay at Grand Floridian or Yacht Club spend a truckload more than people at Pop Century. We should be treated fairly. It is not fair that people who stay at lesser accommodations have the same access rights that people who stay at the best accommodations have. And Off-Siters shouldn't get any FP+s. Why should Disney give them a damn thing? When a valuable good or service is scarce the market needs to adjust the price to reflect this scarcity. Disney's FP+ is a scarce resource. It's simple Econ 101.
Maybe you should've thought about these things before you bought Disney. You are wrong about it being simple economics. The truth is you pay 20 K with no guarantee to get the special treatment you now want Simple economics worked in Disney's favor. Next time read before you sign

I own DVC and posters like this are why I try not to let people know. We are not all jerks LOL

I shelled out a lot of money to become a DVC member. 20k to be exact. I believe that I should be treated accordingly.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone who is paying $100 per night to stay at All Star Music gets the same number of FP+ and the same booking window of FP+.

I made a long-term commitment to go to WDW. They know I made this commitment because they have my signature on their DVC contract. They should give me something extra to pay me back.

I know what the negative responses will be: How can you say that you greedy SOB...everyone should be treated equally regardless of how much money they have! Well that's not how the real world works. It's not like Disney is giving away access to their parks for free.

I paid a lot of money for DVC, as have several thousands of other people. People who stay at Grand Floridian or Yacht Club spend a truckload more than people at Pop Century. We should be treated fairly.

It is not fair that people who stay at lesser accommodations have the same access rights that people who stay at the best accommodations have.

And Off-Siters shouldn't get any FP+s. Why should Disney give them a damn thing?

When a valuable good or service is scarce the market needs to adjust the price to reflect this scarcity. Disney's FP+ is a scarce resource. It's simple Econ 101.

xQqhR7R.gif

OP: I can totally understand wanting more perks when you are paying the big dollars and made a long term commitment. // I'm a budget tripper myself who stays offsite and was really surprised they even opened up advanced FP+ options to offsite visitors. I figure they need to offer some perks to fill up those 30,000+ hotel room, and I think what is probably hard for them to figure out is how to add extra perks for their best and most profitable customers without alienating the masses who also contribute a lot to their bottom line. I totally get though having an entitlement attitude and wanting more in your situation. I really and truly think they should offer more for DVC and deluxe stay visitors.

Others: Of course, this post and tone is meant to stir things up a little bit. I think the overall premise is quite valid, however. At these prices Disney should be offering more IMHO.

People who are not staying at Grand Floridian are not allowed to use the Grand Floridian pool.

Are you shocked about that? Is that also an injustice?

How is that any different than what I'm saying?

How about Extra Magic Hours. Do you have a problem with EMH? After all, Disney won't let Off-Siters into the park during EMH. Is that also a "wow"?

If you buy a ticket for the third level at Yankee Stadium they won't allow you to sit behind home plate. Is that also a "wow"?

Our society has all agreed that you get what you pay for. And Disney is screwing it's higher-end customer with FP+.

The REAL high end of Disney is Golden Oaks DVC is a time share

Let's say a family spent three years saving for a new car. But the BMW dealership refused to sell them a new BMW for the amount they had saved.

Why should the BMW dealership treat them less than they would treat someone who had more money who didn't have to save for three years?

Poor example. That's not the way buying a car works. You save up for a down payment and it's up to the lender to determine if you can make the payments according to your debt/income ratio, making payments on time for other credit cards, etc. My husband used to sell BMWs in South Jersey, so I know a thing or two about the car business.

And if that family saved up to purchase a new car and had the amount needed to put the down payment on it, and could afford to make the monthly payments and got the approval from the lender, no car dealer would turn them away.

Just like Disney will not turn anyone away who wants to go to their parks.

You get to book 3 FP+ reservations a day, just like everyone else here, and deal with it. Or - just sell your DVC. Simple as that. But I will be sure to bow down whenever I see you in the parks, since that is the sort of treatment you are clearly looking for. :worship:

Let's say a family spent three years saving for a new car. But the BMW dealership refused to sell them a new BMW for the amount they had saved.

Why should the BMW dealership treat them less than they would treat someone who had more money who didn't have to save for three years?

The trouble with your analogy is you've already bought your BMW. They have your money. We're now looking at the service department. You want 75 day ahead to be able to book and appointment and get free detailing just because you bought the car from them. While, people who bought the car somewhere else will only be seen walk up. I bought my BMW 13 years ago and paid a whole lot less than you did for it, should I still get 75 days to book my appointments and get free detailing after all these years.

The main reason Disney offers perks to DVC members is that it either help them sell more membership (find the next person willing to put down $20,000) or they think they can make money on the deal in the long run.

Yup...I say "wow" also. I am also a DVC member and absolutely love it! I don't expect anything more than what I bought, a timeshare at Disney. Anyone entering the parks is paying for park tickets and therefore is just as much a customer as anyone else. When you bought your DVC you didn't buy because you were told you would get more fast passes than everyone else! If you are not happy with what you bought then you should sell to someone that would be happy with it!

I don't see it this way. The family has done their research and have saved to buy a cheaper BMW. You are buying a nicer BMW and that is awesome. You're both getting what you paid for. But you're the one who expects to show up at the dealership and get a free sunroof because you've decided you're better than the other family.

I own DVC as well, however I bought resale for half the 20K of the original OP, so I guess that means I should get less privileges. Oh wait, I already do, I can't use my points for the cruises or the "Collections". And that's fine with me because I would rather save the money and still enjoy all the other perks at WDW.

However, I still get more discounts then someone staying in a value resort, because of the perks Disney gives all the DVC owners. (discount on Annual Passes, a discount on merchandise and restaurants, as well as the extra park hours)

If you think you aren't getting your money's worth, maybe you should sell your timeshare and go elsewhere to fulfill your wants and needs while on vacation.

I personally wish they would do their fast passes like Six Flags does their flash passes. It's a tiered system and the more you pay the better it is.

With the top tier your wait time is reduced 90% and you get to ride the ride two times in a row without waiting the 2nd time.

Middle tier you wait 50% of normal time

Bottom tier you wait the normal amount of time, you just don't have to stand in line.

That's not a valid analogy. First, a family who spent 3 years saving to purchase a car is probably not going to show up at a dealership expecting to pay a bottom of the barrel price for a top of the line model. That's just common sense.

Second, your main gripe is that because you own DVC you should be entitled to extra benefits. Buying a car is no comparison. A fair analogy would be more along the lines of: Person A purchased their car at the BMW dealership whereas Person B bought theirs off a used car lot. Person A is there now entitled to make all maintenance appointments ahead of Person B and have freebies thrown in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter