DVC and Deluxe should get more FP+ and an earlier window

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you have every right to your opinion, you certainly expressed it in a very confrontational way. Agree with previous poster, "Wow."

Hi
DVC member here (8 years) and while I love using my points to stay at DVC resorts I do not feel entitled to any special treatment.
DVC is after all just a " Points Based Timeshare" with no guarantee of any special perks .
Remember accomodations DVC (timeshare) has nothing to do with Disney Parks.
FP+ is tied into buying a ticket to the Park not DVC. ownership.
Many DVC people go to the resorts and never even go to the Parks.

JMHO
Hugs Mel

We all pay the same admission price for park entry. Isn't entry to the park what gets you fast passes? Being a DVC member gets you on property. You can do whatever you want there; you don't have to go to a park. It was your choice to join as it is others choice to stay at a value or where ever they want. I doubt access to fast pass was in your DVC contract.

I think we will somewhere down the road see a "tiering" of sorts when it comes to level of stay (just like Universal deluxe stays include free front of the line while the Cabana Bay value stays do not).

However, I agree the OP didn't have to be so confrontational about what he believes he "deserves" or is "entitled to" as a DVC/deluxe stay customer. I'm DVC as well, but the "I deserve more" attitude does not sit well with me.

Hmm. I'm a DVC owner. My ownership gets me amazing accommodations at Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are also some discounts for us as a courtesy, but those are not part of my contract.

Just wondering how much more the admission would be if only the people who could afford DVC or GF felt welcome at Disney - or that they could have an enjoyable day without having to wait in line for every single thing. I wonder of Disney cold even stay in business without the value resort and off site guests....

Maybe, since you want extra special treatment for your money, you should get the VIP tour guide. Then you'll be better off than all of us.

I shelled out a lot of money to become a DVC member. 20k to be exact. I believe that I should be treated accordingly.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone who is paying $100 per night to stay at All Star Music gets the same number of FP+ and the same booking window of FP+.

I made a long-term commitment to go to WDW. They know I made this commitment because they have my signature on their DVC contract. They should give me something extra to pay me back.

I know what the negative responses will be: How can you say that you greedy SOB...everyone should be treated equally regardless of how much money they have! Well that's not how the real world works. It's not like Disney is giving away access to their parks for free.

I paid a lot of money for DVC, as have several thousands of other people. People who stay at Grand Floridian or Yacht Club spend a truckload more than people at Pop Century. We should be treated fairly.

It is not fair that people who stay at lesser accommodations have the same access rights that people who stay at the best accommodations have.

And Off-Siters shouldn't get any FP+s. Why should Disney give them a damn thing?

When a valuable good or service is scarce the market needs to adjust the price to reflect this scarcity. Disney's FP+ is a scarce resource. It's simple Econ 101.

I completely disagree. I made a bigger commitment that you-I moved here. if anyone should get more it should be locals and local AP :)

It is not fair that you tourists come here and back up our roads and get in our way.

Actually now that they got you to prepay for your accomodations for the next 40 years, I'm not sure you're their main target anymore either.

Sounds like you're re-thinking the whole DVC thing.;).

Maybe you should've taken your 20K and spent it on a luxury vacation somewhere where you don't have to rub shoulders with the rest of us peons. :wave2:

All I can say is

Bahahahahaha

This isn't "the world" it's Disney World. And this is just laughable.

People who are not staying at Grand Floridian are not allowed to use the Grand Floridian pool.

Are you shocked about that? Is that also an injustice?

How is that any different than what I'm saying?

We should all get what we pay for. And Disney is screwing it's higher-end customer with FP+.

No, I'm not shocked about that. I wouldn't go on any vacation and stay in Hotel A but expect to use the amenities at Hotel B. I don't know anyone who would consider that to be an injustice.

It's different because DVC ownership has not a thing to do with the theme parks, and having a valid theme park ticket is what allows a person access to FP+. DVC was an idea I toyed with when I was spending upwards of $10,000 per year on deluxe resort stays, but while I love Disney I didn't want to spend $20,000+ upfront on a timeshare. Now I alternate onsite and offsite stays, and I don't regret that decision one bit.

Just because I pay an arm and leg for some trips ($13,500 for an AKV Grand Villa stay, etc) doesn't mean I expect preferential treatment. I spend the money because it's a resort and room category that I want.

I shelled out a lot of money to become a DVC member. 20k to be exact. I believe that I should be treated accordingly.

Maybe you should have made that clear before you signed the contract. I doubt if it would have made the difference, but you never know.

Just because I pay an arm and leg for some trips ($13,500 for an AKV Grand Villa stay, etc) doesn't mean I expect preferential treatment. I spend the money because it's a resort and room category that I want.

Agree...to me staying deluxe is primarily about location. Love staying at the Boardwalk resorts and walking to Epcot or DHS.:)

Maybe you should give up your DVC and go some place where you will get treated like the elitist you feel you are.

OP, your post was funny. Didn't make a lot of sense, but was a laugh. I love the part about how people who stay off-site shouldn't get fast passes. Really? This is your reasoning? They pay for their park entrance just exactly the way you do. Where one chooses to sleep and shower - whether deluxe, time-share, budget - in the world, or out - has no bearing on park entrance, nor does it have any bearing on FP+. You are just being silly and elitist, although really, I don't see how being a DVC member makes you such a bigwig... I have stayed at the Grand Floridian for many bucks a night and it never crossed my mind that I should be treated differently in the parks. I paid for the amenities at that hotel, that's all... anyway, thanks for the drama and the laugh for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter