Dooney & bourke disney collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!! :eek: My 1st edition tote is the exact same! Actually I like mine better because it has Tink on the front and back.
Makes me want to sell it, make a profit and buy more bags!
CIMG0251.jpg

CIMG0252.jpg

It has great placement of mickey and tinkerbell!:)

Wow, wonder how much I could get for a slightly used one :)???

We are about to get locked up at 250 pages, is someone going to start a new thread?

I wonder if they are getting ready to retire the first edition print. Maybe there are rumors to that effect and that's why they're going so high?

Lisa

From previous posts here, the sketch one print is getting harder to find. Remember, this was the first disney dooney pattern released back in Oct. 2009, makes sense that now that the sketch 2 is available, they would retire the first pattern. Also, if you look at most ebay auctions, they word it in such a way, to make buyers feel that this is a rare item, only found at disney, not in store, etc. Many buyers are not aware that they can purchase at WD merchandising, or in my case, I wasn't able to find that perfect character placement when I visited disneyworld. For example, I know I paid a bit more for the mickey and minnie wristlet, but when we were there last year, I never found one I truly felt was perfect!

I wonder if they are getting ready to retire the first edition print. Maybe there are rumors to that effect and that's why they're going so high?

Lisa

i hope they don't do it before the end of July - the others are ok but i LOVE the white one - now that it's confirmed we are going i really want to get one

i hope they don't do it before the end of July - the others are ok but i LOVE the white one - now that it's confirmed we are going i really want to get one

TOTALLY OT KURBY ~ Did you see Katie Holmes is thought to be pregnant, again?

Sketch design #1 is effectively already retired - they stopped making that print due to licensing issues with having the name D&B on the bag. All that are selling now are the remaining inventory of that print.

On to the next thread!!!!

Hey Disney Dooney Fans! :flower3:
I just got back from Disney World this evening. Hate to be home, but I came home with a Disney Dooney that I'm very satisfied with! It was a somewhat short trip (5 days) and I spent most of it looking all over the place for Disney Dooneys. Whenever I found them, I just thought that the placement was hideous. Okay, not hideous, but not what I wanted as my dream placement. I was going after the white sketch print and I wanted the castle, balloons, and teacup clearly visible on the front. Turns out, this was hard to find. I went to the stores that I know carry the Dooney bags, but oddly enough each store had very, very, VERY few to choose from. Yet there were a ton of the black purses, hmmmm :confused:. Equality for the white sketch I say!

Anyhow, finally I found one that I liked at Tren-D. I won't say it is perfect, but with time running short and stores clearly not having really anything for me to even choose from that I liked in the least, I jumped on what I liked. It is a white sketch, unsure of the purse name. It is in the middle size range I believe. It is the one bigger than the tassle tote, but smaller than the ginormous bag that looks like it could be a diaper bag. It's also from the first version of the bag, meaning that it has the Dooney & Bourke banner mixed in as part of the sketch. I didn't really have a preference either way as ar as the version goes, but I kind of was leaning towards the first version so it's kind of nice.

I might post a pic later!

Hey Disney Dooney Fans! :flower3:
I just got back from Disney World this evening. Hate to be home, but I came home with a Disney Dooney that I'm very satisfied with! It was a somewhat short trip (5 days) and I spent most of it looking all over the place for Disney Dooneys. Whenever I found them, I just thought that the placement was hideous. Okay, not hideous, but not what I wanted as my dream placement. I was going after the white sketch print and I wanted the castle, balloons, and teacup clearly visible on the front. Turns out, this was hard to find. I went to the stores that I know carry the Dooney bags, but oddly enough each store had very, very, VERY few to choose from. Yet there were a ton of the black purses, hmmmm :confused:. Equality for the white sketch I say!

Anyhow, finally I found one that I liked at Tren-D. I won't say it is perfect, but with time running short and stores clearly not having really anything for me to even choose from that I liked in the least, I jumped on what I liked. It is a white sketch, unsure of the purse name. It is in the middle size range I believe. It is the one bigger than the tassle tote, but smaller than the ginormous bag that looks like it could be a diaper bag. It's also from the first version of the bag, meaning that it has the Dooney & Bourke banner mixed in as part of the sketch. I didn't really have a preference either way as ar as the version goes, but I kind of was leaning towards the first version so it's kind of nice.

Glad you got your "Cindy tote"!

Did you notice if there is a lot of the 1st edition still in stores?

I was going after the white sketch print and I wanted the castle, balloons, and teacup clearly visible on the front. Turns out, this was hard to find.

You sound like me! Most people strive for a perfect Mickey & Minnie, but I wanted a placement that included the Castle, Mickey, Tink and Disney World Banner. In addition, my back has balloons, Tink, Castle and Mouse Ears!
Gotta Love that Sketch print!:love:

I called WDW merchandising yesterday to inquire about the medium white sketch tote. The white sketch is on backorder and you can only get version #2 through WDW merchandising :sad2: and I wasn't prepared for the $30 in shipping charges they want for a bag :scared:

And why is that the original version of the medium sketch is $175 and the price has jumped to $190 for version 2 which is essentially the same? :headache:

So I decided against ordering for now :guilty:

I don't suppose there's anybody going to WDW soon who could pick up medium sketch tote white either version 1 or 2 for me? ;)

I'm going to WDW in September but I'm afraid if I wait until then there might not be any sketch at all left :sad2:

Ahhh, decisions, decisions lol :goodvibes

i just had this strange urge that i had to post on the last page!

I know i have seen this question a few times, but have not seen any replies and i have been obsessed with this thread from the moment it started. I have the Sketch v1 medium tassle and wristlet.

On the Champsac, what is the length of the strap when fully extended?

i just had this strange urge that i had to post on the last page!

I know i have seen this question a few times, but have not seen any replies and i have been obsessed with this thread from the moment it started. I have the Sketch v1 medium tassle and wristlet.

On the Champsac, what is the length of the strap when fully extended?

There have been a couple of us asking this same question multiple times, but no one seems to know the answer. Anyone? Anyone? Please we are begging! :worship:

TIA,

Bree

Got my Dooney today:banana::banana:

Never had a Dooney before and I'm very impressed with the quality. Nice and sturdy and the closure is great. I've been carrying Coach for the past couple of years, but I don't think the quality is as nice as this D&B.:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter