Dooney & bourke disney collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Hofmanns4, I also have a strong urge to make sure I have a post on the last page of this thread.

Now my life is complete. :thumbsup2 :banana: :rotfl2:

I have also posted this question a few times here and did not get any answers. I asked an ebay seller and they said the max drop is 10".

There have been a couple of us asking this same question multiple times, but no one seems to know the answer. Anyone? Anyone? Please we are begging! :worship:

TIA,

Bree

Glad you got your "Cindy tote"!

Did you notice if there is a lot of the 1st edition still in stores?

It really depended what store. I remembered for sure that Uptown Jewelers on Main Street had all the new versions without the Dooney & Bourke banner on it. The store at the GF that carries the bags literally had about 4 of the size I was looking for and 4 of the tassle tote. I asked the cast member if they had anymore in the back and she said no, they were all out on display. So I was quite shocked at what few they had to choose from. I'm almost certain that they were all of the new version though. Finally, I saw the one I ended up getting at Tren-D. They didn't have that many either and they were all behind the counter which is slightly frustrating. But, I asked to look at one that from a distance looked like it would fit my specifications and it did pretty much so I got it. I noticed that it was the first version and I believe all the others at Tren-D were too. I didn't pay attention to the ones at the World of Disney store. I was in there and saw them on display, but since I had just bought one, I didn't really care to look (partly out of fear of finding one better and going through the trouble of returning it, etc.).

It really depended what store. I remembered for sure that Uptown Jewelers on Main Street had all the new versions without the Dooney & Bourke banner on it. The store at the GF that carries the bags literally had about 4 of the size I was looking for and 4 of the tassle tote. I asked the cast member if they had anymore in the back and she said no, they were all out on display. So I was quite shocked at what few they had to choose from. I'm almost certain that they were all of the new version though. Finally, I saw the one I ended up getting at Tren-D. They didn't have that many either and they were all behind the counter which is slightly frustrating. But, I asked to look at one that from a distance looked like it would fit my specifications and it did pretty much so I got it. I noticed that it was the first version and I believe all the others at Tren-D were too. I didn't pay attention to the ones at the World of Disney store. I was in there and saw them on display, but since I had just bought one, I didn't really care to look (partly out of fear of finding one better and going through the trouble of returning it, etc.).
When we were there this past xmas, I kept going to downtown disney on a daily basis. My kiddos and husband thought that I was a bit crazy. I would always end up looking at the disney dooneys to make sure I had the perfect placement.:cloud9: Can't remember how many purses I looked at:rotfl:

When we were there this past xmas, I kept going to downtown disney on a daily basis. My kiddos and husband thought that I was a bit crazy. I would always end up looking at the disney dooneys to make sure I had the perfect placement.:cloud9: Can't remember how many purses I looked at:rotfl:

Hehehe I got my Wonder tote at World of Disney a few weeks ago and had to look at all of the ones they had there. The cashier must have been used to it because she was so willing to grab whichever one I wanted (which of course happened to be on the highest shelf there :rolleyes1) until I found The One with a small hot pink Mickey positioned perfectly above the D&B label, a perfect XL purple Mickey in the center on the bag, and a bunch of light teal/aqua Mickeys all over. I had seen that same cashier look through all of the sketch wristlets trying to find one that the customer wanted :goodvibes I was still not completely convinced that I had found the perfect placement but the next day realized I had picked the best bag for myself. My DBF thought I was somewhat crazy but I told him that placement is everything!! :rotfl: Only Disney Dooney addicts would understand... :laughing:

Hehehe I got my Wonder tote at World of Disney a few weeks ago and had to look at all of the ones they had there. The cashier must have been used to it because she was so willing to grab whichever one I wanted (which of course happened to be on the highest shelf there :rolleyes1) until I found The One with a small hot pink Mickey positioned perfectly above the D&B label, a perfect XL purple Mickey in the center on the bag, and a bunch of light teal/aqua Mickeys all over. I had seen that same cashier look through all of the sketch wristlets trying to find one that the customer wanted :goodvibes I was still not completely convinced that I had found the perfect placement but the next day realized I had picked the best bag for myself. My DBF thought I was somewhat crazy but I told him that placement is everything!! :rotfl: Only Disney Dooney addicts would understand... :laughing:

I will be doing the same thing in a few weeks! My problem will be which one to get, i can not decide! i want them all!

I called WDW merchandising yesterday to inquire about the medium white sketch tote. The white sketch is on backorder and you can only get version #2 through WDW merchandising :sad2: and I wasn't prepared for the $30 in shipping charges they want for a bag :scared:

And why is that the original version of the medium sketch is $175 and the price has jumped to $190 for version 2 which is essentially the same? :headache:

So I decided against ordering for now :guilty:

I don't suppose there's anybody going to WDW soon who could pick up medium sketch tote white either version 1 or 2 for me? ;)

I'm going to WDW in September but I'm afraid if I wait until then there might not be any sketch at all left :sad2:

Ahhh, decisions, decisions lol :goodvibes
Check ebay = there are still some 1st edition sketchs to be had there, and at prices that are close to or sometimes less than they would be if ordering from merchandising....
I have no idea why they got more expensive! (to make more money probably :))

You're right! Only Disney Dooney addicts would understand! When I was in the GF store that sells Dooneys, I was at the counter asking the Cast member if there were any more since none out on display had the placement I wanted. The cast member seemed to understand, but there was a lady beside me also inquiring about the Dooneys because she didn't know which one her friend wanted and when I mentioned each purse having different placement of items she looked over at me as if I had 3 heads. I guess she didn't know/notice. I walked out after I was told all the purses were on display, but I'd bet money that that lady didn't buy a Disney Dooney right then and went on to examine placement now that she knows about it.:rotfl:

You're right! Only Disney Dooney addicts would understand! When I was in the GF store that sells Dooneys, I was at the counter asking the Cast member if there were any more since none out on display had the placement I wanted. The cast member seemed to understand, but there was a lady beside me also inquiring about the Dooneys because she didn't know which one her friend wanted and when I mentioned each purse having different placement of items she looked over at me as if I had 3 heads. I guess she didn't know/notice. I walked out after I was told all the purses were on display, but I'd bet money that that lady didn't buy a Disney Dooney right then and went on to examine placement now that she knows about it.:rotfl:

Another educated shopper.:thumbsup2

It has to be closed by a mod. I've seen threads way longer than 250 pages here though.

I already posted this on Part 2, but in case we stay here.....:rotfl:

I got my bag!!! :cool1: I got a large Sketch tote at TrenD last week and I love it. :lovestruc

My dad also got my mom one of the cross body bags and she loves hers too.

I will try to remember to take a picture to share with you all. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter