• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & bourke Disney collaboration part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention, while in the MK, they now have their 40th anniversary patterns out in shopping bags (huge reusable one), photo albums and other merchandise.

This pattern is similar to the DL55 pattern and I would imagine they would try to use this for an anniversary Dooney. I would likely purchase a bag or tote with this pattern since it is my "home" park...(I live in jersey so it's my park in the sense that it's east)

I say all this because the Lucy doesn't look anything like a 40th anni pattern, it just looks like another style of the sketch #2.

That's the anniversary print on a laptop bag. DH looked at it and said he doesn't think it would translate well into a bag but I reminded him of the DL55 line. He's skeptical.

wdw40.jpg

It is definitely a fun print but I kind of agree, atleast for my tastes it might be a little too much for a big bag. Something smaller would be cute. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind by the time my trip rolls around. :rotfl:

Patty,

When you saw the large weekender/duffle bag, what did you think of the placement? I'd like to order one on disneystore.com but want to make sure I'd get a good Mickey, Minnie, and castle. I'm thinking that with so much surface area, you would definitely get at least one of each of what I mentioned. Did you look at them closely and happen to notice the placement on them? Thanks. Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I'm not Patty, but I've seen the overnighter. Unless you want something centered a particular way, I really don't think you need to worry. It's so large that you'll definitely get everything on it somewhere.

These pictures are not very good because I just used my crappy camera phone, plus the bags were in a display case so I couldn't really get the angles I wanted, but they might help give you a better idea of how much of the pattern you get on the overnighter.

It's much wider than the tote and while it doesn't look super tall in these pictures, they had it kind of scrunched down to fit it in the case. It's a really big bag!

Overnighter_2.jpg

Overnighter_1.jpg

Hey Lisa,

I'm not Patty, but I've seen the overnighter. Unless you want something centered a particular way, I really don't think you need to worry. It's so large that you'll definitely get everything on it somewhere.

These pictures are not very good because I just used my crappy camera phone, plus the bags were in a display case so I couldn't really get the angles I wanted, but they might help give you a better idea of how much of the pattern you get on the overnighter.

It's much wider than the tote and while it doesn't look super tall in these pictures, they had it kind of scrunched down to fit it in the case. It's a really big bag!

Overnighter_2.jpg

Overnighter_1.jpg
That's what I was thinking too. On that one I saw two Mickeys and Minnies on the front and one of each on the other side. I think I'll be ok to just order it on disneystore.com. Thanks!

Hey Lisa,

Overnighter_2.jpg

Overnighter_1.jpg

If you compare these pics that we have provided, and the ones on disneystore.com the actual bag is a bit different then the one selling at the parks. On disneystore.com, the dooney tag is actually placed where the zipper is. Something to consider:confused3

overnighter.jpg
disneystore on the left
DSC00426.jpg
pic I took at WDW on the right

Here's my new bag it's my first one I have a sketch wristlet in white that I got last Christmas. I love this one I didn't know if I wanted pink or yellow as I love pink but liked the placement on this one, I wasn't sure about Mickey's feet as they are hidden on the front but they are just tucked in a little into the pocket the other one's I saw had Mickey but no Tink or Castle so this really was the best one.

mydooney1.jpg

mydooney2.jpg

Wendy x.

If you compare these pics that we have provided, and the ones on disneystore.com the actual bag is a bit different then the one selling at the parks. On disneystore.com, the dooney tag is actually placed where the zipper is. Something to consider:confused3

Good catch Liza!

I think it's tough to visualize just how large the overnighter is from the pictures too, don't you think so? In fact I'm wondering if it even meets airline carry on size rules. I know I keep saying this... but it's a really BIG bag.

Good catch Liza!

I think it's tough to visualize just how large the overnighter is from the pictures too, don't you think so? In fact I'm wondering if it even meets airline carry on size rules. I know I keep saying this... but it's a really BIG bag.

Hi Sheila:cutie:... I definitely think I prefer the bag at disney parks because the zipper is on the back. By having the zipper on the back, it dosen't cut off the character's placement. Now, I totally agree that this overnighter bag is indeed BIG. Seeing it in person actually gives you a better perspective of the actual size. Not sure you could take it with you as a carry on bag on the plane. I am beyond ready for disney and dooney to have a new pattern and hopefully add different styles.

Okay, I have some info on this mysterious bag from all of my mother's efforts today! Using the information from the tag that was posted (thanks Tink1975!!!), she spoke to Naz at WDW merchandising and he couldn't find the bag. He suggested calling Disneyland merchandising. So she did that. They typed in the number and was able to somehow translate that bar code number into disney language (a different number) and insisted that it was purchased in Disney WORLD because the last 4 digits of THAT number indicate so! So she called BACK to Disney World and they insisted that they do not have it BUT the bag IS coming in! (Why Naz couldn't tell her that is beyond me!)

They said there is a back order pending for that NEW bag and it should arrive sometime between Monday and February 23rd. She also spoke to someone at disney shopping who said it shows that the Sketch Lucy bag will be available soon on the website as well.

Soooooo, it must have either been a test product or some fluke that put this bag out for that ebay seller to buy in WDW! Either way, it looks like it will be available to us soon!

:cool1:

Okay, I have some info on this mysterious bag from all of my mother's efforts today! Using the information from the tag that was posted (thanks Tink1975!!!), she spoke to Naz at WDW merchandising and he couldn't find the bag. He suggested calling Disneyland merchandising. So she did that. They typed in the number and was able to somehow translate that bar code number into disney language (a different number) and insisted that it was purchased in Disney WORLD because the last 4 digits of THAT number indicate so! So she called BACK to Disney World and they insisted that they do not have it BUT the bag IS coming in! (Why Naz couldn't tell her that is beyond me!)

They said there is a back order pending for that NEW bag and it should arrive sometime between Monday and February 23rd. She also spoke to someone at disney shopping who said it shows that the Sketch Lucy bag will be available soon on the website as well.

Soooooo, it must have either been a test product or some fluke that put this bag out for that ebay seller to buy in WDW! Either way, it looks like it will be available to us soon!

Wow! Awesome detective work and thank you very much! I love my sketch Cindy, but already have a Dooney in a different pattern of that style. I really want the Lucy.

Also, here is the DCL weekender. Notice the Dooney tag is on the opposite side of the zipper. And, the DCL bag has the blue duck tag and the sketch has the pink heart.

74617_1731243730709_1526983427_31721603_5899804_n.jpg

Thanks to all who posted the pics of the duffel. That bag is definitely HUGE though it would certainly qualify as a carry on for flight purposes.

To echo everyone who's commented, you should have no problems with placement if you order blind from DS.com as you can clearly see everything...at this point it would just be how centered you want the pattern.

If that is used as a diaper bag, then I don't want to see how big the baby is!:scared1:

Just as another FYI, I went to the park wearing my black Margot and did not see them for sale at the MK at all.

On a sadder note, I was cleaning out my closet stash of pocketbooks and noticed my sketch #1 cindy seems to be yellowing :sad2: I have hardly used it as the style isn't really something I would use, I just felt the pull once I heard it was a limited edition. Darn Dooney addiction...

Love the Lucy sketch. We will be down 2/10 to 2/20. Hopefully it will be there then and I can get it.

Thanks so much for looking into it.

Linda

It is definitely a fun print but I kind of agree, atleast for my tastes it might be a little too much for a big bag. Something smaller would be cute. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind by the time my trip rolls around. :rotfl:

If this is the official 40th anniversity print that D&B will use, I'm not exactly loving it. I prefer Disneyland's print. I agree a smaller print would be nice. It might make a cute wallet.

The best part about getting that bag was I paid $212.00 with shipping, so only $2.00 over msrp which is less than what I would have paid in taxes:) Hopefully, they make more styles with that fabric-I think it will hold up better than the regular white sketch.

Tink - What are the approximate dimensions of the Lucy bag?

Tink - What are the approximate dimensions of the Lucy bag?

I assume it's the same as the regular D&B Lucy bag, so this might help until Rachel checks in:

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCC...47&minisite=10020&respid=22372&dbdcc=NTWHSVNA

Thanks to all who posted the pics of the duffel. That bag is definitely HUGE though it would certainly qualify as a carry on for flight purposes.

To echo everyone who's commented, you should have no problems with placement if you order blind from DS.com as you can clearly see everything...at this point it would just be how centered you want the pattern.

If that is used as a diaper bag, then I don't want to see how big the baby is!:scared1:

Just as another FYI, I went to the park wearing my black Margot and did not see them for sale at the MK at all.

On a sadder note, I was cleaning out my closet stash of pocketbooks and noticed my sketch #1 cindy seems to be yellowing :sad2: I have hardly used it as the style isn't really something I would use, I just felt the pull once I heard it was a limited edition. Darn Dooney addiction...

The Margot hasn't shown up at Disneyland yet either. I assume it will eventually, but boy are they ever slow rolling out new styles!

That's too bad about your Cindy bag. Yellowing and peeling of the shoulder straps seem to be common complaints. There's a whole thread over on the cruise board of folks who have had to send their bags back to Dooney for repairs.

My DD wants one of the balloon bags, and I'm really trying to steer her toward a black one since I'm thinking it has a better chance of holding up than a white one with the light trim.

Here's my new bag it's my first one I have a sketch wristlet in white that I got last Christmas. I love this one I didn't know if I wanted pink or yellow as I love pink but liked the placement on this one, I wasn't sure about Mickey's feet as they are hidden on the front but they are just tucked in a little into the pocket the other one's I saw had Mickey but no Tink or Castle so this really was the best one.

mydooney1.jpg

mydooney2.jpg

Wendy x.

The Charmed One, congratulations on your first Dooney :yay: You have some great placement :woohoo: I love Tink and the castle too :love:

Hearing how the Margot :love: is not yet available in Disney World or Disneyland makes me very happy I decided to get mine now on eBay instead of waiting until we go in April :dance3: I love it :lovestruc and think it will be the perfect bag for the parks :yay: As much as I love my new blue sketch wristlet with my 3 Tink's and 3 castles, I really think the sketch letter carrier would be too thin for my park needs :banana:
In case anyone is interested, there is another new white Margo on eBay now (item #330517784020, ending on Sunday, with a current price of $71.00 :goodvibes It is a stock photo and shows the heart medallion on it :confused:

I'm way behind reading this thread, so will someone please tell me what Lucy and Margot bags are? Thank you!

Ok I just checked on D&B and it looks like the Lucy isn't a Disney bag??

And the margot bag, it that the one with the balloon Mickey heads?

I'm way behind reading this thread, so will someone please tell me what Lucy and Margot bags are? Thank you!

Ok I just checked on D&B and it looks like the Lucy isn't a Disney bag??

And the margot bag, it that the one with the balloon Mickey heads?

Rachel got her hands on a not yet officially released Disney D&B Lucy bag. Check out this picture:

She posted even more pictures a couple of pages back.

And thanks to Nikki's mom and her detective work, we now have a better idea of what is going on with the mysterious Lucy bag:

Yes, the Margot is from the Balloon print collection:

http://www.disneystore.com/balloon-...1000293/?Ntt=dooney&Ntk=All_Shopping&Ntx=modematchallpartial&Nr=pPublished:1&Nu=pProductID&D=dooney&Dx=&Dr=pPublished:1

All the other styles from that collection have shown up in the parks, but so far you can only get the Margot online. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter