Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any recent report on Beach Club shampoo/conditioner (regular rooms, not villas). Is it still H2O or have they changed to dispensers with new product? If new product, any opinions? Thanks!

Thank you all! In doing some more research, it seems as though Yacht Club still allows pets. Is that in all floors/all rooms or are they limited to an area?? Our daughter has a pet allergy and that would be a no-go if we ended up in a pet friendly room. Just having shared bedding from room to room might be enough to make me have to go with Beach Club. (We recently had an experience where we booked a cheap night before a flight and once we got there realized it was a pet friendly hotel and her eyes started watering and nose running when she got in the bed. She is an average size 10 year old and ended up sleeping in DS pack n play with our own pillow/blanket we brought from home! She actually said she was quite comfy, but I would hate to do that when we would know ahead!) I think I may have just answered my own question...Beach Club it is and fingers crossed for a full balcony!
My trip last year we were on 1st floor by the quiet pool, and I saw two sets of people with dogs in the hallway there during our stay. I did talk to one person quickly, since I have the same dog breed (I had mine back home, not taking to Disney) so I had to stop and say hi and aw. We are going end of June this year, and I still ask for 1st floor because I prefer lower floors anywhere I go. I originally had a reservation with Beach Club as part of a split stay, but changed it to Yacht for split due to the bathroom vanity area not having a closing door, and sharing a room with 4 or 5 will be an issue over that. Now, if I find out some rooms at the Beach Club do in fact have doors that close to the vanity area, I wouldn't mind finding out where and switching back to get closer to the Skyliner, if I got the same discount. If allergies are an issue though, I would recommend to just go with the Beach Club. It's closer to Epcot and the Skyliner, and the walkway to the Bakery area for Boardwalk, so extra plus plus.

My trip last year we were on 1st floor by the quiet pool, and I saw two sets of people with dogs in the hallway there during our stay. I did talk to one person quickly, since I have the same dog breed (I had mine back home, not taking to Disney) so I had to stop and say hi and aw. We are going end of June this year, and I still ask for 1st floor because I prefer lower floors anywhere I go. I originally had a reservation with Beach Club as part of a split stay, but changed it to Yacht for split due to the bathroom vanity area not having a closing door, and sharing a room with 4 or 5 will be an issue over that. Now, if I find out some rooms at the Beach Club do in fact have doors that close to the vanity area, I wouldn't mind finding out where and switching back to get closer to the Skyliner, if I got the same discount. If allergies are an issue though, I would recommend to just go with the Beach Club. It's closer to Epcot and the Skyliner, and the walkway to the Bakery area for Boardwalk, so extra plus plus.
No rooms at the BC have a door to the vanity area only YC. This is one of the reasons why we prefer YC over BC as we have teens of opposite sex.

We are staying in Beach Club Villa (not as DVC but direct booking through Disney). Anyone recently stayed in the Villas have comments on the refurbishment disruption? Hoping for an upgraded room with the Murphy Bed but will be disappointed if the construction is disturbing.

We are staying in Beach Club Villa (not as DVC but direct booking through Disney). Anyone recently stayed in the Villas have comments on the refurbishment disruption? Hoping for an upgraded room with the Murphy Bed but will be disappointed if the construction is disturbing.
I was just reading another thread this morning over on the DVC forum, and it appears construction has been stopped for some reason. Right now floors four and five are renovated, but the first three floors are not done yet. People are still being booked into these rooms on floors one, two, and three with no notice of construction anywhere.

I’m not sure when construction is to resume. When is your trip?

Reports are that construction is currently paused in the villas. Depends on when your stay is.

A nice Disney Visa discount just dropped today and we decided to change our all Poly booking to a YC/Poly split since we can save almost $800 by booking a Garden View room at YC for the Memorial Day weekend start to our trip. So now we will be there from 5/28 - 5/31 before we switch over to Poly for the rest of our trip!

Do you have any more details on the discount? I'm not seeing it on the Disney discounts page https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/ and didn't get an email at my cardholder's address.
Here you go, Disney is sneaky and likes to put the Visa discounts on a separate page. My TA saw Beach and Yacht both available for my dates but we went with Yacht because it was slightly cheaper and for the guaranteed balcony/fresher rooms.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-visa-summer-2023-room-offer/

A nice Disney Visa discount just dropped today and we decided to change our all Poly booking to a YC/Poly split since we can save almost $800 by booking a Garden View room at YC for the Memorial Day weekend start to our trip. So now we will be there from 5/28 - 5/31 before we switch over to Poly for the rest of our trip!
I saw that, too! We are already booked at a discount to stay at the Yacht Club this summer. I sure wish I could get 35% off there! It kind of makes me want to switch to the Wilderness Lodge, but we love the Yacht Club too much.

Good for you to score a great discount!

I saw that, too! We are already booked at a discount to stay at the Yacht Club this summer. I sure wish I could get 35% off there! It kind of makes me want to switch to the Wilderness Lodge, but we love the Yacht Club too much.

Good for you to score a great discount!

I thought very briefly about WL or CR just because of that extra savings, but since we are already staying at the Poly we decided to do a Crescent Lake split for the convenience. I really enjoyed being able to walk to 3 of 4 parks on my last birthday trip when I was solo. And my partner has never stayed in the Epcot area before so she's really excited about that. We might do Jellyrolls on my birthday since we've never been.

I just hope my luck at YC is better than the first time I stayed, on that last trip I mentioned. Had a very long hike to the lobby several times due to various issues. We are booked in a Garden/Woods View room and will definitely request a room closer to the elevators/lobby this time.

I thought very briefly about WL or CR just because of that extra savings, but since we are already staying at the Poly we decided to do a Crescent Lake split for the convenience. I really enjoyed being able to walk to 3 of 4 parks on my last birthday trip when I was solo. And my partner has never stayed in the Epcot area before so she's really excited about that. We might do Jellyrolls on my birthday since we've never been.

I just hope my luck at YC is better than the first time I stayed, on that last trip I mentioned. Had a very long hike to the lobby several times due to various issues. We are booked in a Garden/Woods View room and will definitely request a room closer to the elevators/lobby this time.
We have done a BC or YC and Poly split before and it really is nice! I agree having the ability to get to three parks without the need to ride a bus is great!

I hope you have better luck at the YC this trip! We always request close to elevators because those are loooong hallways.

I hope you have a fun time at Jellyrolls and a great birthday trip!

We can add you the the BOG list. So glad you got a good discount! DD and I arrive on the 30th but we are not doing a split stay this time. I checked out the discount, but nothing available for our dates. I might keep checking just in case. . . Thank you for the heads up!
Our room was a million miles from the lobby last summer,too. But we couldn't complain because we were upgraded from woods view to water view. I am hoping for a nice quiet and peaceful room this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter