Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused. My trip years ago was a woods view room but we were magically upgraded to courtyard view. Taking my WDW babies back and returning to our first "my hotel". I was alway under the impression that there was no view of MK fireworks from WL. The tree were too dense.

That was the case until the trees were removed for the new DVC Cabins.

If that as changed and I can request (knowing that my request might not be granted} a woods view from the south wing and might see the fireworks is a win for me.

The South Wing is currently closed as they are in the process of transforming the rooms in the South Wing to DVC. Currently standard views in the North Wing have a pretty good view of Wishes.

Can all you veterans confirm that you can see fireworks in some standard rooms from south wing of WL?

Not the South Wing, but the North Wing.

I'm so confused. My trip years ago was a woods view room but we were magically upgraded to courtyard view. Taking my WDW babies back and returning to our first "my hotel". I was alway under the impression that there was no view of MK fireworks from WL. The tree were too dense. If that as changed and I can request (knowing that my request might not be granted} a woods view from the south wing and might see the fireworks is a win for me. Can all you veterans confirm that you can see fireworks in some standard rooms from south wing of WL?
Standard view rooms in the north wing, 4th floor and up, have views of fireworks. We were in room 4026, and it had a pretty good view...It also wasn't too far from the elevator.
https://goo.gl/photos/G1PscAxbmAa1rz9S6

Last edited:
Staying at WL for the first time at the end of June. When does the resort typically contact you about what is going to be closed for construction? I realize that there will be construction going on, I just want to know exactly what will be affected by it so I can change resorts if it's something major for me.
The Disney website has a pretty comprehensive list of what is closed at the WL right now. We knew exactly what was closed when we booked our trip last fall. Then when Disney decided to close Roaring Forks for remodeling during our stay, we received an email from them around the same time that they announced the closing. I think it was early February.

If they decide to close something that is currently open, then they should send off an email to you. But if you follow this thread and read the Disney website then you should get a pretty good idea of what is closed now and what will still be closed at the end of June. :)

closed:
Roaring Forks
villas pool
south wing of the WL
nature trail (but jogging path to Fort Wilderness is still open)
marina

Do you think roaring forks and the marina will be open in August? Sounds like the villa pool should be open by then?

Do you think roaring forks and the marina will be open in August? Sounds like the villa pool should be open by then?

The new DVC rooms are due to open in July, so the Boulder Ridge pool will likely be open a similar time and I would expect the marina to return as well. Roaring Fork is due to re-open July too.

Thanks, I'm so concerned about construction, but it does sound like things should be in pretty good shape by then. We have been staying at Bay Lake, which we love for the convenience, but we wanted to change things up this summer, but not loose the ease of getting to MK.

We are considering booking for early November. Does it seem like most of the construction will taper off by then?

You might try the territory lounge - you can get food from artist point in a more laid back atmosphere, reservations not required or accepted! It's great for arrival night.

And, they accept TiW:)

Hello, Please remove our dates from the Lodgers' Log. We have decided to switch to the Contemporary for our visit in May. Hoping to be back to the lodge for Marathon Weekend!

Hope everyone else has great trips!

See you on the CR/BLT thread, @WDWFan06.

Yes, it is our first time in August, and we moved the trip up to avoid having to take Allie out of school. After having a great time last year, John and Brandy are coming back again, and another set of friends, a couple with two kids, is planning on coming along too. They heard about all the fun we had last year and want to make their first WDW trip as much fun. We will miss the September lack of crowds, but we will be very excited to be there and see all that is new at WL. Our goal for this trip is to spend more time hanging out at the resort, and we are very excited about that.

Looking forward to seeing your photos of the *NEW* WL:)

We will be staying at WL May 29-June 4th! Can't wait to bring my niece (8yo) for her first time to Disney. SO excited!

I'll add your dates to our log, @Mom2Max.

Please add us to the logorail for 8-14 Oct WL club level. First WL stay and glad to snag a military discount.

WL CL is a great "deal" with the military rate. I'll log your dates, @Gryhndmom :)

Sandy and I will be at Bolder Ridge Villas 4-25 through 5-3 2017. We are hoping for "construction view" :). By now? We have 3 sets of "construction pins" :). We've been to VWL twice per year since they broke dirt for CCV.

Your trip is coming up soon! I'll get your dates logged, @Dean Marino.

Staying WL Club Level October 16-20, 2017. This will be our first time staying at Wilderness Lodge and at a CL room! Can anyone kindly attach a link/thread of updated CL info for WL? Looking forward to our stay there!

The first post of this thread has hyperlinks to all the chapters of the thread, including all the CL chapters. Thanks to @GADisneyDad14, we have photos of the new lounge.

I can't believe that we will be at the Wilderness Lodge on Friday. I have been super busy at work and even had to do some work from home in order to get everything done before we leave. My sister and friend will be joining us for their first ever stay at the lodge and I can't wait to see if they love it as much as we do. We are hoping to get a room above the lobby. We were in one back in January, 2015 and loved it.

I plan to take sure pictures with my cell phone and check out the construction. I made a lot of promises to check things out for people, so I hope I remember everything. :)

Looking forward to seeing your photos and reading your WL updates, @Wood Nymph! Safe travels!

We just changed our reservation from CSR to WL. We'll be there 12/16-12/26. So excited.

Nice move! I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log, @Tarheel girl 1975.

Realized I never gave our dates, just that we were coming back to WL, finally. It's been a struggle for me to give up POR/FQ
DH and I are there 4/19 to 4/24, for our anniversary (4/22) and the Dark Side 10K

Hi,
I hope this is the right place for my question.
Does anyone know if The Cubs Den will reopen and if so when?
If not, can WL guests use the Lilo and Stitch playhouse at the Polynesian?
Thank you!!

Hi,
I hope this is the right place for my question.
Does anyone know if The Cubs Den will reopen and if so when?
If not, can WL guests use the Lilo and Stitch playhouse at the Polynesian?
Thank you!!

On the DVC booking side for BRV it states that Cubs Den is currently undergoing refurbishment and will reopen in the summer of 2017. I'd guess that will also be pretty close to the July 17th opening of CCV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter