• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying WL Club Level October 16-20, 2017. This will be our first time staying at Wilderness Lodge and at a CL room! Can anyone kindly attach a link/thread of updated CL info for WL? Looking forward to our stay there!

Staying WL Club Level October 16-20, 2017. This will be our first time staying at Wilderness Lodge and at a CL room! Can anyone kindly attach a link/thread of updated CL info for WL? Looking forward to our stay there!

I stayed there just after Thanksgiving, a week or so after the new lounge opened. I posted a bunch of photos over on the CL thread starting at this post: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Not all of my posts were in order so scroll through several days.

Happy to answer any questions!

What time should we be at the bus stop for 7:45 AM EMM? Would 7 be adequate?

Might not be the most practical way but for an alternative route, when we were there in November we took the boat to CR and walked over to MK for EMM. We had just missed a boat at 7AM so had to wait until maybe 7:15-7:20ish for the next one, so had to walk pretty fast over to MK. We were at the gate and waiting with the PPO/EMM crowd right around 7:35, so turned out perfect! That day they let us in at 7:41 according to my photo time stamps.

I still would have rather caught the boat that was there right around 7AM just to not be in such a rush, but worked out fine!

Do all CL rooms have MK views now? Are there any specific standard CL rooms that have better views of MK than others?

Do all CL rooms have MK views now? Are there any specific standard CL rooms that have better views of MK than others?
No, there are CL rooms on both side, Standard and Courtyard. Courtyard would have no view of MK. And even some of the standard rooms would be too far down to see the MK

To add to @AngiTN's post, this image may be helpful. This is the 7th floor, which is the CL floor. Ignore the south wing (bottom of this image), that's now DVC. The red square is the new CL lounge. The outside rooms face towards the CR / MK area.

IMG_0149.jpg

Hi, does anyone know if there are any pictures around of what the quiet pool area construction is looking like at this point? I've just seen older ones when construction had started. Considering renting points and going in August. Thank you!

I can't believe that we will be at the Wilderness Lodge on Friday. I have been super busy at work and even had to do some work from home in order to get everything done before we leave. My sister and friend will be joining us for their first ever stay at the lodge and I can't wait to see if they love it as much as we do. We are hoping to get a room above the lobby. We were in one back in January, 2015 and loved it.

I plan to take sure pictures with my cell phone and check out the construction. I made a lot of promises to check things out for people, so I hope I remember everything. :)

I can't believe that we will be at the Wilderness Lodge on Friday. I have been super busy at work and even had to do some work from home in order to get everything done before we leave. My sister and friend will be joining us for their first ever stay at the lodge and I can't wait to see if they love it as much as we do. We are hoping to get a room above the lobby. We were in one back in January, 2015 and loved it.

I plan to take sure pictures with my cell phone and check out the construction. I made a lot of promises to check things out for people, so I hope I remember everything. :)

Hope you have a fantastic time, looking forward to your update/pics. Yes if you can ask around if the quiet pool will be done by mid august, that would be amazing, I still haven't booked our august trip and the main think keeping me from WL is the lack of the quiet pool since that's one of our favorite things to do at a Disney resort. (We rarely stay by the main pool and hidden springs at WLV was hands down our favorite quiet pool)

Enjoy your trip!

We rarely stay by the main pool and hidden springs at WLV was hands down our favorite quiet pool)
Hidden Springs was our favorite quiet pool, too. I loved how it was nestled among the trees. The bubbling jets were relaxing. We always used this pool instead of the main pool. I've seen the early construction of the new villas pool and it will look very different from the old pool. I'll get some pictures of it when we are there. :)

We're doing a split stay in June and for our WL leg we selected a standard view. Our last stay we had a courtyard view. I'm afraid I'm going to regret the standard view. Are there any room requests, or parts of the hotel that might optimize our view within that category?

We're doing a split stay in June and for our WL leg we selected a standard view. Our last stay we had a courtyard view. I'm afraid I'm going to regret the standard view. Are there any room requests, or parts of the hotel that might optimize our view within that category?

I would request "MK View". My parents requested that, were granted it and had spectacular views of Wishes.

Staying at WL for the first time at the end of June. When does the resort typically contact you about what is going to be closed for construction? I realize that there will be construction going on, I just want to know exactly what will be affected by it so I can change resorts if it's something major for me.

I'm so confused. My trip years ago was a woods view room but we were magically upgraded to courtyard view. Taking my WDW babies back and returning to our first "my hotel". I was alway under the impression that there was no view of MK fireworks from WL. The tree were too dense. If that as changed and I can request (knowing that my request might not be granted} a woods view from the south wing and might see the fireworks is a win for me. Can all you veterans confirm that you can see fireworks in some standard rooms from south wing of WL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter