Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the busiest times for the laundry room? We will be traveling for 10 days and may need to do laundry. How long are the wash and dry cycles?
I can tell you that we have had no problem doing laundry at other resorts at mid day when we take our pool/nap break. We always do laundry. Sometimes one of us will do laundry just so we can have some forced down time ! :) You can google laundry view Disney world and see at the Polynesian right now 2 washers and 8 dryers are available!

What are the busiest times for the laundry room? We will be traveling for 10 days and may need to do laundry. How long are the wash and dry cycles?
The wash cycle was around 30 min, the dryer around an hour. Not busy at all on the Saturday morning we were there this past weekend.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but, we have a 7:30 AM breakfast at OHana and wanted to go to MK afterwards. Would it be possible to drive and park at the Polynesian resort and leave our car there so we could take the monorail to the MK and then back at night before we drive back to our Caribbean beach resort?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but, we have a 7:30 AM breakfast at OHana and wanted to go to MK afterwards. Would it be possible to drive and park at the Polynesian resort and leave our car there so we could take the monorail to the MK and then back at night before we drive back to our Caribbean beach resort?
If you valet for the day, yes. Free parking for a dining reservation has a 3 hour window.

There is a private party on one of the nights, can't remember which right now. It's just a month away, I can't wait to go!

We booked a few months ago and have not heard anything about this. I thought it was just a great rate. However we only booked rooms, not package. How do I find out more?

Well I just googled the name who we booked with and tikifest to find it. I don't think I share the link b/c it's exclusive to booking w/ them. I hope that helps!

I think cameras aimed at the bungalows themselves feels like a bit much. Those are pretty close quarters and would seem pretty intrusive to me. Maybe a camera on something like the roof edge of the bungalow aimed at the deck portion?? Not sure what the right answer is, but if there are cameras aimed in at those bungalows, I wouldn't want to stay there. And I assume they'd have to disclose that -- I assume they do at AKL?
Have you been to the AKL? The cameras are aimed right at your room. The people next door to us dropped a cup off balcony, the game keepers were out there in minutes. The cameras work!!!!! That is why you have drapes on your doors to secure privacy. Safety trumps all. If that bothers a guest, they don't have to stay there. It is naïve to think that there are not cameras everywhere in Disney. Do a brief google search on the Orlando incident. I was shocked at the extent of the security at WDW properties without ever really knowing what they were doing. Cameras are everywhere.

Have you been to the AKL? The cameras are aimed right at your room. The people next door to us dropped a cup off balcony, the game keepers were out there in minutes. The cameras work!!!!! That is why you have drapes on your doors to secure privacy. Safety trumps all. If that bothers a guest, they don't have to stay there. It is naïve to think that there are not cameras everywhere in Disney. Do a brief google search on the Orlando incident. I was shocked at the extent of the security at WDW properties without ever really knowing what they were doing. Cameras are everywhere.
Good grief. I know that cameras are all over the place -- surprised you were shocked by that in Orlando. Needless to say, most places don't have cameras aimed INTO GUEST ROOMS.

Aiming cameras at the balconies is one thing. Into the rooms is another TO ME. My opinion. Not looking to debate AN OPINION! As I ALREADY SAID, I might choose not to stay there if they do this. Problem solved for me.

Hi again.

So I booked us a lagoon view over standard, my thoughts being the only standard view I like are the ones in Samoa of the main pool and marina and I would imagine myself and bunch of other people will be requesting that same building at the same time, and I just don't have that kind of luck! :cool:

How do you all like the lagoon view? From reading up on this thread, it seems the buildings with lagoon view are furthest from the Ticket and Transportation Center, but we don't mind walking - anything else I should consider?

Keep lagoon? Change to standard? Opinions always welcome!

Hi everyone! We are staying here 10/25/17-11/3/17, lagoon view! I haven't stayed here since I was a child in the early 1980's!

So excited to join the Polynesian family, looking forward to the next year and few months of planning! :)

Yay for getting back to the Poly! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Hey guys! So we added a day to our November stay yesterday and I'm so excited! After I told my kids, they listened to Disney rides on their tablets the entire morning!! lol We're really looking forward to our first stay at the Poly!!!

It's always fun adding a day :goodvibes.

Hi again.

So I booked us a lagoon view over standard, my thoughts being the only standard view I like are the ones in Samoa of the main pool and marina and I would imagine myself and bunch of other people will be requesting that same building at the same time, and I just don't have that kind of luck! :cool:

How do you all like the lagoon view? From reading up on this thread, it seems the buildings with lagoon view are furthest from the Ticket and Transportation Center, but we don't mind walking - anything else I should consider?

Keep lagoon? Change to standard? Opinions always welcome!

If it were me, I'd save the money and go with standard, but that's just me as we aren't ones to pay for views. I do agree that Samoa is very popular for standard and is hard to get depending on when you go. With that said, since we've never stayed LV I can't comment specifically on that, but hopefully others will post their opinions :flower3:.

Yay for getting back to the Poly! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

If it were me, I'd save the money and go with standard, but that's just me as we aren't ones to pay for views. I do agree that Samoa is very popular for standard and is hard to get depending on when you go. With that said, since we've never stayed LV I can't comment specifically on that, but hopefully others will post their opinions :flower3:.

Thanks for your opinion! I thought as much about the standard vs. lagoon. It's just when we would book standard at Beach Club...some of those view were not good! :rotfl:

I'll keep reading other thoughts on the matter!

Same :cutie:

Poly has some really good standard views...most are of the pools, garden areas, or marina. There are a few rooms that look out over the monorail (which some people enjoy) and a few that look out at the parking lot. Overall, the Poly has some of the best standard views on the property.

Poly has some really good standard views...most are of the pools, garden areas, or marina. There are a few rooms that look out over the monorail (which some people enjoy) and a few that look out at the parking lot. Overall, the Poly has some of the best standard views on the property.

I 100% agree :thumbsup2

@Farro - I have stayed in Standard view, Garden view Club Level and Lagoon View Club Level (our view that trip would now be considered Theme Park View Club Level).
I book only Standard view now because of the prices.

Here are some of our views over the years:

DSC03431.jpg

Theme Park View (this is in Hawaii - Club Level)
(admittedly, hard to beat :crazy:)

DSC00825-1.jpg

View from our first floor room in Niue (standard view)

DSC00659-1.jpg

Our (standard) view from Rarotonga (parking lot is beyond. But the landscaping obscured that and all we noticed was the monorail gliding past :cloud9:)

1BCB57B7-AB9F-4704-90E0-56214D805E5D_zpssb0g9kh0.jpg

Insanely fabulous Standard View from Fiji last summer. I'm sure any day now, there will be a Marina View category :teacher:

Good luck:flower3:. If you go with Lagoon View, I would recommend Tuvalu. It is right on the water. Next to Fiji on the Marina :sail:

Last edited:
We are going to be at WDW in January, planning on staying at the Poly for two nights before we set sail on the Disney Fantasy. This is our first time to WDW (we'll be back in the future but for this time unfortunately it's a quick trip), do we need to book our room this far in advance or can we wait closer to January?We're looking at Thursday and Friday nights and that weekend is Martin Luther King weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter