Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!!! That last view is fantastic! Oh decisions...My boyfriend would like to keep the lagoon view, he can't really articulate why but he doesn't request much on these trips. :rotfl: I think we may keep it, just to splurge this trip. :)

Thank you so much!!! That last view is fantastic! Oh decisions...My boyfriend would like to keep the lagoon view, he can't really articulate why but he doesn't request much on these trips. :rotfl: I think we may keep it, just to splurge this trip. :)

Splurging is good :thumbsup2
I should've said that I recommend requesting Tuvalu :coffee: You can check it off during online check-in and/or call now to have the request added to your reservation.

Thanks for your opinion! I thought as much about the standard vs. lagoon. It's just when we would book standard at Beach Club...some of those view were not good! :rotfl:

I'll keep reading other thoughts on the matter!

You're welcome! I agree about standard views at the BC (as well as other resorts). With that said, I think the GF and Poly are the only deluxes that have great all around standard views (just my opinion). There are a few rooms at the GF (in Big Pine Key) that overlook the back of the courtyard pool house, but even I don't think those are horrible (certainly not as bad, IMO, as some other deluxe resort standard views). It's hard choosing a room type at some resorts as you just don't know what you might get. With all of that said, I'm sure you'll have a great trip with either view :goodvibes.

Hi there :wave2:

Hope your planning is going well.....you will be checking into the Poly before you know it!! :yay:

Poly has some really good standard views...most are of the pools, garden areas, or marina. There are a few rooms that look out over the monorail (which some people enjoy) and a few that look out at the parking lot. Overall, the Poly has some of the best standard views on the property.

I agree ::yes::.

I 100% agree :thumbsup2

@Farro - I have stayed in Standard view, Garden view Club Level and Lagoon View Club Level (our view that trip would now be considered Theme Park View Club Level).
I book only Standard view now because of the prices.

Here are some of our views over the years:

DSC03431.jpg

Theme Park View (this is in Hawaii - Club Level)
(admittedly, hard to beat :crazy:)

DSC00825-1.jpg

View from our first floor room in Niue (standard view)

DSC00659-1.jpg

Our (standard) view from Rarotonga (parking lot is beyond. But the landscaping obscured that and all we noticed was the monorail gliding past :cloud9:)

1BCB57B7-AB9F-4704-90E0-56214D805E5D_zpssb0g9kh0.jpg

Insanely fabulous Standard View from Fiji last summer. I'm sure any day now, there will be a Marina View category :teacher:

Good luck:flower3:. If you go with Lagoon View, I would recommend Tuvalu. It is right on the water. Next to Fiji on the Marina :sail:

Awesome pics! I especially love the one with the ducks at the patio door :goodvibes.

We are going to be at WDW in January, planning on staying at the Poly for two nights before we set sail on the Disney Fantasy. This is our first time to WDW (we'll be back in the future but for this time unfortunately it's a quick trip), do we need to book our room this far in advance or can we wait closer to January?We're looking at Thursday and Friday nights and that weekend is Martin Luther King weekend.

If you will stay at the Poly regardless of whether or not a discount comes out, I'd book now to guarantee you get what you want. If the Poly is dependent on a discount, I'd wait to see what (if any) discounts come out before booking. Happy planning :).

Oh decisions...My boyfriend would like to keep the lagoon view, he can't really articulate why but he doesn't request much on these trips. :rotfl: I think we may keep it, just to splurge this trip. :)

I agree with johnsonet, splurging is good! I'd keep the LV :thumbsup2.

When I first started going to the Polynesian without parents I loved booking lagoon view room (before they added Theme Park View) and my favorite longhouse for lagoon view was in Moorea. Now Moorea is DVC. I use to say the money was better spent on lagoon view than it was on club level because back then a regular lagoon view room was the same rate as a garden club level room.

Now that many of the lagoon view rooms are now Theme Park View and more expensive and you can no longer get one in Moorea unless you stay Lake View DVC Studio, I think my opinion has changes. I stayed lagoon view in Tuvalu back when it was Samoa and it was a nice view but I was not a fan of the location. Now I think I would not spend my money on lagoon view for a few reasons. It really is expensive now is the main reason. Also with no guarantee of being in Tuvalu I would not really want to pay that much to be in a lagoon view room in Aotearoa that is set very far back from the beach (just my personal opinion). Also if you don’t like ground level or want a balcony you only have two rooms in Aotearoa that are lagoon view that are 3rd floor (with a balcony). There are no lagoon view rooms in Tuvalu on the 3rd floor so you will either be on the second floor with no balcony or on the 1st floor. There are only 18 rooms at the resort now that are lagoon view (not in club level) so requesting anything will be tough unless not many have booked a lagoon view.

The only way I am spending more is for club level, otherwise I rather take the views and better location of some of the standard view rooms.

Thanks for your help everyone! It will be fun to spend time here while I plan for the trip. It seems so far off right now, but I know far too well how fast time passes, so it will truly be here before I know it!

Plus we have short trip this year to the mountains, plus the rest of the summer and all the holidays, I certainly don't want to wish those away!

But still...I am excited!!!:hyper:

Okay guys! After reading everything you all said, looking at the views and such, I decided to call my boyfriend at work. Because, the trip is over a year away, so of course I have to take care of this TODAY! :rotfl:

After talking with him and then seeing the price difference between the two views, it's a no brainer, standard it is! I went ahead and changed the reservation.

So we will take our chances with standard, request Samoa when the time comes (any back up choices?) and we will hope for the best but be happy with the worst. :)

@mickeynut1 I think we want to stay at Poly regardless of discounts, but just out of curiosity, how often are discounts available? And how would I know there is one offered? This is all new to us because we are Disneyland people and always stay offsite there!

Okay guys! After reading everything you all said, looking at the views and such, I decided to call my boyfriend at work. Because, the trip is over a year away, so of course I have to take care of this TODAY! :rotfl:

After talking with him and then seeing the price difference between the two views, it's a no brainer, standard it is! I went ahead and changed the reservation.

So we will take our chances with standard, request Samoa when the time comes (any back up choices?) and we will hope for the best but be happy with the worst. :)
Fiji is our favorite - view of the marina on one side and the beach / GF on the other!

So, Tikiman just reported that when the beach does reopen, it will only be from dawn to dusk. My plan for arrival night was swimming and Wishes / EWP from the beach, since we won't get to the resort until about 5. Anywhere else from the resort we could see the fireworks?? The pool? Assume we could just stand on the path? So sad, Wishes from the Poly beach has been on my bucket list for years, we just always seem to end up in the parks at night :(

So, Tikiman just reported that when the beach does reopen, it will only be from dawn to dusk. My plan for arrival night was swimming and Wishes / EWP from the beach, since we won't get to the resort until about 5. Anywhere else from the resort we could see the fireworks?? The pool? Assume we could just stand on the path? So sad, Wishes from the Poly beach has been on my bucket list for years, we just always seem to end up in the parks at night :(

So I wonder how much that is going to cut down on foot traffic at the Poly? Just a few pages back there were loads of comments about July 4th fireworks that were quite scary and frustrating. I wonder how much this will reduce this traffic?

I would imagine watching them from the pool would be the next best thing?

So I wonder how much that is going to cut down on foot traffic at the Poly? Just a few pages back there were loads of comments about July 4th fireworks that were quite scary and frustrating. I wonder how much this will reduce this traffic?

I would imagine watching them from the pool would be the next best thing?
Should reduce traffic quite a bit on the 4th, assuming everyone knows the beach is closed....

The boat dock is also a nice place to watch water/fireworks.

I also have climbed the outer staircases of some of the longhouses just to see the view!

Explore the resort! There are lots of spaces around the longhouses that would have a nice view of the water etc.(look at Johsonet last picture, that area with the fence around the water wouldn;t be a bad spot???)

The boat dock is also a nice place to watch water/fireworks.

I also have climbed the outer staircases of some of the longhouses just to see the view!

Explore the resort! There are lots of spaces around the longhouses that would have a nice view of the water etc.(look at Johsonet last picture, that area with the fence around the water wouldn;t be a bad spot???)
Thanks!!!

This has me REALLY worried about our upcoming July 4 trip. After how packed in and rude people were last year on July 3 & 4, I can't imagine how it will be this year if people show up and are told the beach is closed at dusk. I just imagine a situation where mass amounts of people are standing all on the walkways agitated instead. It will be the perfect storm for things to get out of control.

This has me REALLY worried about our upcoming July 4 trip. After how packed in and rude people were last year on July 3 & 4, I can't imagine how it will be this year if people show up and are told the beach is closed at dusk. I just imagine a situation where mass amounts of people are standing all on the walkways agitated instead. It will be the perfect storm for things to get out of control.
Exactly. Without security, wristbands, security to enforce wristbands, etc., I cannot imagine what a mess it will be. Maybe in the wake of beach issues they'll do it... but they've never bothered sufficiently before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter