Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help everyone! It will be fun to spend time here while I plan for the trip. It seems so far off right now, but I know far too well how fast time passes, so it will truly be here before I know it!

Plus we have short trip this year to the mountains, plus the rest of the summer and all the holidays, I certainly don't want to wish those away!

But still...I am excited!!!:hyper:

I agree, it is fun to pass the time here while waiting for a trip :goodvibes.

Could not agree more. Perhaps THE best.

:thumbsup2

Okay guys! After reading everything you all said, looking at the views and such, I decided to call my boyfriend at work. Because, the trip is over a year away, so of course I have to take care of this TODAY! :rotfl:

After talking with him and then seeing the price difference between the two views, it's a no brainer, standard it is! I went ahead and changed the reservation.

So we will take our chances with standard, request Samoa when the time comes (any back up choices?) and we will hope for the best but be happy with the worst. :)

I don't think you'll be disappointed in standard! Just wanted to mention that if you check in and aren't assigned Samoa, you can always ask if it is available. Sometimes requests get overlooked and while it's not guaranteed your room can be changed, it never hurts to ask ;).

@mickeynut1 I think we want to stay at Poly regardless of discounts, but just out of curiosity, how often are discounts available? And how would I know there is one offered? This is all new to us because we are Disneyland people and always stay offsite there!

Disney has been scaling back on discounts so they aren't as plentiful as they've been in the past, but they are still being offered different times throughout the year. January is still somewhat of a "slower" time, so the chances are pretty good of getting a discount. Rumors start circulating here on the boards a couple of weeks prior to discounts being released, so if you frequent these boards there's a pretty good chance you will read of upcoming discounts. Once a discount is released, you will need to call and see if what you have booked it available under that discount. If it is, your existing reservation can be modified to reflect the discount. Sometimes you have to flexible with your resort and/or room type to take advantage of a discount as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

HTH :).

So, Tikiman just reported that when the beach does reopen, it will only be from dawn to dusk. My plan for arrival night was swimming and Wishes / EWP from the beach, since we won't get to the resort until about 5. Anywhere else from the resort we could see the fireworks?? The pool? Assume we could just stand on the path? So sad, Wishes from the Poly beach has been on my bucket list for years, we just always seem to end up in the parks at night :(

The pool is a great place (IMO) for watching the fireworks :wizard:.

Oh my, does that mean no more water parade?

I was also wondering if anything will happen to the EWP :confused3.

I would imagine watching them from the pool would be the next best thing?

I agree ::yes::.

This has me REALLY worried about our upcoming July 4 trip. After how packed in and rude people were last year on July 3 & 4, I can't imagine how it will be this year if people show up and are told the beach is closed at dusk. I just imagine a situation where mass amounts of people are standing all on the walkways agitated instead. It will be the perfect storm for things to get out of control.

People can still be on the path next to the beach even now.

As far as 4th of July I had some discussions about how this will have an impact. The info I was given is even before the attack the new GM is going to put some things in place to lock down the resort on these big holidays. We shall see how things go this year.

If the beach does close for Wishes, it will be interesting to see what they do with the roped off CL area they used to have on the beach on July 3 and 4. They will have to make another roped off CL area, which will reduce even more viewing spaces for regular Poly guests and also non-guests. I just hope people don't gravitate onto the grass in front of Hawaii because that's where our room will be.....

As far as 4th of July I had some discussions about how this will have an impact. The info I was given is even before the attack the new GM is going to put some things in place to lock down the resort on these big holidays. We shall see how things go this year.

I sure hope so! We've requested our normal 1st floor near lounge room and hope to enjoy our view :cloud9:.

People can still be on the path next to the beach even now.

I hope that the new GM is able to come up with something that works! It gives me a little hope to know they're at least talking about measures to put in place.

I hope that the new GM is able to come up with something that works! It gives me a little hope to know they're at least talking about measures to put in place.

They had a lot of great plans in place last year and even stuck to them for a while and then later in the day they gave up for some reason. Even staff there did not know why they backed off. They were scanning all around the resort, handing out wrist bands, even checking people on the path from the TTC. The parking lot security shack was not letting anyone in unless they had a reservation for dining or a room. People with room reservations had to have their band scanned and ID checked at the gate. Someone sent me a video of all these cars getting turned around to leave. This was different management and I think the team they have in place now will do a better job and they seem to be very determined to prove that they can make this year’s outcome different. We won’t really know how it works out until it happens.

Not for all day, no. If they allowed this, there would be zero parking spots available for people actually paying to stay at the Poly. But, you DO get free parking at the TTC. :thumbsup2

So true! Maybe it might be best then for us to park at MK and take the monorail to the Polynesian for breakfast and back to MK afterwards?

Parking for MK is at the Ticket and Transportation Center which is right next to the Poly. It is about a 3 minute walk from the TTC to Poly. That's why I suggested it in my previous post. ::yes::

Oh that is fabulous! I didn't realize that. Thanks so much

:) You can google laundry view Disney world and see at the Polynesian right now 2 washers and 8 dryers are available!
Wow I never knew this existed as my wife is forever trying to time the machines end cycle. She is forever doing the laundry (the room towels as well she's a little OCD ) as like my family doesn't bring enough clothes with them to Disney. I can't wait to tell her....

Since this is our first time staying at the Poly (we usually stay at CBR) we wanted to have the full check-in experience. We want to receive the leis and the welcome packet and all that. Should we not do the online check-in then? Ive been reading some stories where people received the text and they weren't greeted and had to figure out where to go on their own and all that. We are requesting certain room requests through touring plans.

Wow I never knew this existed as my wife is forever trying to time the machines end cycle. She is forever doing the laundry (the room towels as well she's a little OCD ) as like my family doesn't bring enough clothes with them to Disney. I can't wait to tell her....
You can even have the app text you when your Laundry load is done! So cool- I love technology:)

Since this is our first time staying at the Poly (we usually stay at CBR) we wanted to have the full check-in experience. We want to receive the leis and the welcome packet and all that. Should we not do the online check-in then? Ive been reading some stories where people received the text and they weren't greeted and had to figure out where to go on their own and all that. We are requesting certain room requests through touring plans.

I can understand how you feel.
I would go through the on-line check-in process but still go to the lobby to check in.

I'm with you! The Poly is my dream resort and I was hoping for the full check in experience as well, so I was thinking of not doing online check in. I've never stayed there either so I'd appreciate the welcome packet too. I already have submitted my room requests through my travel agent.

Hoping to hear the answer to this as well!

I always check-in in person! Maybe it's silly but check-in is so exciting to me, I don't want to skip that part :)

I always check-in in person! Maybe it's silly but check-in is so exciting to me, I don't want to skip that part :)
I do the same!! Thought j was the only one left!! :rotfl:

I also like to have the opportunity to ask where our room is located exactly (they can give a general sense), and to ask for a change right then if something else would be preferable and happens to be available.

I do the same!! Thought j was the only one left!! :rotfl:

I also like to have the opportunity to ask where our room is located exactly (they can give a general sense), and to ask for a change right then if something else would be preferable and happens to be available.

Me too! I had good luck with this at the Poly in March. The room they assigned was nowhere near where we wanted to be, but I asked for something else and they met all of our requests!

Same here. Our first time at our dream resort that we've spent our last 15 trips dreaming of.:rotfl: I can't wait to pull up to the gate and say CHECKING IN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter