Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all! New to posting on DIS Boards, but I have been stalking and using all the great info for many, many years(thanks so much:)!!
My situation is this:
Currently booked at BC for 9/5-9/11.
I am thinking of switching to Poly:)
I do not know why. We have never stayed there.
Should I switch?
We are a party of 4, possibly 5. Myself, DH, DS(9), DD(2), and possibly DD(16).
I would like to hear opinions about the pool, rooms, room locations, transportation, and quick service at Poly.
TIA!!

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:

We've stayed at both and while we had a nice stay at the BC, my choice would be the Poly. The rooms are quite a bit larger and the tropical atmosphere is beautiful/relaxing, especially with the pool as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle. We prefer the Poly pool over SAB and we love Captain Cooks as it's our favorite resort CS (we find the BC to have very limited CS options). We also find a larger variety of TS dining options a short monorail ride away at the GF and CR :).

Getting close to finally coming back home! 16 days until we leave! For those of you who have done online check-in, have you received a text notifying you that your room was ready? I've done online check-in before at other resorts, and have been told I would receive a text, but never have. Of course, we will go to the online check-in desk to see if by some chance our room is actually ready. But I wasn't sure how many people have actually had success in receiving a text. :)

No experience with OCI, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

At Poly now.

Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes.

We are arriving at the Poly in 15 days for our 1st ever deluxe stay! we typically stay POR or CBR. I rented points for 11 nights in a standard studio. I am so excited!!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

:cool1::jumping1::yay:

Moved our trip up to Sept instead of November... now just patiently awaiting to see if my husband gets a new job and we have to change it AGAIN based on when he can get vacation!:crazy:

Also nervous for hot weather since we're from Wisconsin! Last year early November our days were in the 95-100 range though. At least we are staying at a resort with a great pool!!:fish:

We just changed our honeymoon from AKL to The Poly...this will be our first time staying here and we cannot wait!

One question: From all the research I've done it appears that standard rooms only have two queens. Is this correct? Are there no standard view rooms with a king?

The options for room requests seem limited to just floor levels...Do you suggest using the touring plans fax request instead? Or do you do both?

We just changed our honeymoon from AKL to The Poly...this will be our first time staying here and we cannot wait!

One question: From all the research I've done it appears that standard rooms only have two queens. Is this correct? Are there no standard view rooms with a king?
There are standards with a king I believe in Samoa, Rarotonga, and Fiji.

The options for room requests seem limited to just floor levels...Do you suggest using the touring plans fax request instead? Or do you do both?
Do you mean via online check in? Yes.. I do both and make sure they don't contradict.

Do you mean via online check in? Yes.. I do both and make sure they don't contradict.

Yes, online check-in. Sorry, I should have prefaced that. I just did online check-in and requested a ground floor. Now should I go to touring plans and request a ground floor with the location and building?

Last edited:
Yes, online check-in. Sorry, I should have prefaced that. I just did online check-in and request a ground floor. Now should I go to touring plans and request a ground floor with the location and building?
Yes.... that's what I'd do.

We also have had success each time!
I think it's linked so when you check in at the Magical Express a text is sent. Sometimes are room was ready, sometimes it wasn't. However now that I think about it I did use it one time and it was going to be a late arrival (like 10 or 11 pm) and I got a text while at work that are room was ready. Worst feeling in the world! We normally arrive on the first flight.

Maybe that's why then. We drive, so no Magical Express for us. But I did put that we will be arriving before noon, so hopefully that helps with our room being ready, since we have FPs in MK the day we arrive! :stitch2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter