Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are cabanas at the Oasis pool--first come first served at this point. Presently there are no cabanas for rent at Polynesian.

Any idea what time of the day these things are being snapped up? We've booked a few no-park days and would love to know we can get one to hang out in for a little while, on at least one of those days.

At Poly now. Monorail is sporadic. Took bus to Epcot for early res but now working, but not express from MK to TTC. For those with limited mobility, only difficult ride at MK Pirates of Carib.

Is POTC still taking in water?...sorry just realized I'm :offtopic:

Maybe that's why then. We drive, so no Magical Express for us. But I did put that we will be arriving before noon, so hopefully that helps with our room being ready, since we have FPs in MK the day we arrive! :stitch2:

We drove too, but did get a text as we were leaving the beach early in the morning, well before 1100 checkin time.

We just changed our honeymoon from AKL to The Poly...this will be our first time staying here and we cannot wait!

One question: From all the research I've done it appears that standard rooms only have two queens. Is this correct? Are there no standard view rooms with a king?

Congratulations! What a beautiful resort for your honeymoon.
I just wanted to say that, if you haven't already, definitely call and speak with someone in reservations and let them know that you are celebrating your honeymoon and that you'd like a King bed.
:lovestruc:flower3:

Exactly what Dansdad said

There is no way to know how difficult a request is to fill. It all depends on how full the resort is and who requested what.

Moved our trip up to Sept instead of November... now just patiently awaiting to see if my husband gets a new job and we have to change it AGAIN based on when he can get vacation!:crazy:

Good luck planning, hope things work out and you don't have to change again :wizard:.

We just changed our honeymoon from AKL to The Poly...this will be our first time staying here and we cannot wait!

AKL is great, but the Poly is just amazing and is a great resort for a honeymoon! Have a great trip :wizard:.

I can't decide between Fiji and Samoa. Both sound incredible but do you (or anyone else!) have a preference? It's our first stay at the Poly.

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay! We haven't stayed in Fiji, but we love Samoa for all the reasons Tikiman stated :).

We are leaving in 8 days for the poly!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

5 Days here!

Hope both of you have great trips!

:cool1::jumping1::cool1:

No construction currently at Poly. As an aside, have not seen anyone staying at tiki huts

Actually there is. I just got the report on the progress of replacing the bases of the supports. I posted a photo of the work on my Tikiman Facebook page with the report. For the last few weeks they have been working on Aoteaora lagoon side. They are only about halfway down the lagoon side. The garden side of Aotearoa is almost completed. Fiji, Tuvalu and the lagoon side of Hawaii are still remaining. Also none of the DVC longhouses have had this work done so I would expect at some point they will since they have the same supports and moisture issues.

Also the Oasis hot tub has been down and only worked one day since last Friday.

Congratulations! What a beautiful resort for your honeymoon.
I just wanted to say that, if you haven't already, definitely call and speak with someone in reservations and let them know that you are celebrating your honeymoon and that you'd like a King bed.
:lovestruc:flower3:

We certainly plan on letting them know! I'm hoping for some extra special Disney "magic" when we check in.

We stayed at the Poly April 2-13 in a Studio Villa and loved it!

We had the room about 4th from the TTC end in Moorea facing the garden. I’d requested Tokelau, but nothing was ready when I checked in at noon. I should have just waited, but I had family visiting so it seemed easier. There were several times I thought, if we were in Pago Pago even, we’d already be in our room. However, you can’t beat the walk to the TTC from there and we often took the ferry in the evenings just because it was so easy. We did hear the ferry horns on the balcony and I can see how the rooms on the other side of that end probably have some decent ferry noise.

Thanks to this thread and TIkiman for helping us plan so well. You guys are awesome!

THINGS WE LOVED!

Our room felt plenty spacious for the 3 of us

The curtains blocked out all of the light (I did bring a clip to keep it shut as DH is picky about any light)

Having 2 bathrooms was great and loved the rain shower head!

The bed was definitely firm which I usually HATE with a passion as I’m a side sleeper and after a few days my ribs will feel bruised, but the bed is firm because there’s no box spring, not because the mattress is too firm, so it never bothered me. The two nights I slept on the queen bed in an Art of Animation suite were worse for that purpose.

Having the Oasis pool was great. It was a much quicker trip back to the room after a late night swim and I tried a chicken wrap there which was good (maybe a little bland but fresh). It was also nice to have a second menu to choose from as Captain Cook’s got a little monotonous after that long of a trip… they really could put less pineapple on everything (the chicken sandwich especially does not need it in the sauce).

Order Ohana to your room. So easy and delicious. We ordered 1 adult, 1 child, for the 3 of us (2 adults, 1 6-year-old). The lady who took my order asked if I wanted to just order 1 adult as that was probably plenty. I stuck to my order and when it came, they said they gave me enough for 2 adults. We had TONS left over and ate some for lunch the next day, even with skipping the chicken wings which didn’t seem all the way cooked to me. The macadamia nut butter is so very good. I may have put some on the leftover bread pudding the next day for breakfast. :-) DS tried to talk us into ordering again, but it just never worked schedule-wise. It took about 35 minutes.

We rented points and didn’t have daily housekeeping. I actually really liked this as if I wanted to come back for a nap or whatever, I didn’t have to worry about housekeeping being there. DS6 threw up one night (sooo unusual for him). We cleaned it up but we needed new sheets and something to spray on the spot on the floor. They sent someone right over and she was super helpful and said it happens every day there. We tipped her well. Other than that, I thought when we got the full clean and towel/trash was great and I would totally do this again. We also had to call one day because there was some kind of bug pod thing not he bathroom wall. It was gone when we came back for our afternoon break, so happy with their timely responses on all fronts.

We did Lilo’s Playhouse one night while DH and I had a great and romantic meal at California Grill. They had it open for an “Open House” every day so people could stop in a check it out. We picked up DS6 around 11:45pm and I was worried he’d be the last kid there, but there were still about 8. He was putting on a puppet show for 2 CMs and some kids at the time and left with a bag of crafts and begged the rest of the week to go back.

I ordered a mini Scrump cake from the GF bakery for DS’s birthday and had it delivered to Ohana. So freaking cute. DS loved it and several people remarked on it. SO CUTE.

I used the laundry room 3 times. Once I had to wait about 5 minutes for a washer and there were plenty the other 2 times. The app is awesome and free DVC laundry is great.

The Bell Desk was super fast dropping off and getting our luggage right at checkout time and I got to meet Hiram from BosoxDisney’s trip video if you’ve seen that. He was super sweet and said he’d pronounced Aoteroa wrong in the video. :-)

Baby ducks!

We enjoyed being able to take the resort launches, although the way they tie up etc is not super efficient, so it’s not the fastest method stopping on the way back at the GF, but it wasn’t slow and it’s a really nice, relaxing trip.

The crazy short walk from Moorea to the Epcot monorail is completely awesome and it was our first time taking the monorail to Epcot so we loved it.

We ate at Kona for breakfast one day. Overall, I’d say it wasn’t as good as the hype, but as far as being able to walk 3 minutes from our room to there, it was great.

THINGS I WOULD MAYBE CHANGE (mostly this is just nitpicking, pointing out things I would change if I were in charge)…

Who designed the corners on the bed and nightstand? So sharp and with the gap between the end of the mattress and the end of the bed, all 3 of us got a bruise at some point.

If I have a real complaint, it’s probably the situation with the monorail closure. The bus screens worked I think 1 day our whole trip and there was a CM stationed there, but she was generally clueless as to when a bus would arrive. We also had a PPO breakfast at MK on one of the mornings the monorail was down. There was no CM there. There’s a bus that goes… Poly, GF, Contemporary, TCC, Poly. We asked the bus driver if there would be a bus going directly to MK. He was VERY rude and said we needed to take his and walk over from the Contemporary. The bus took forever and as we were arriving, a ferry dropped off a crowd that got to bag check before us (yes, the ferry was running at 7:45, which no one told us), so that took about 15 minutes. SUPER ANNOYING for the whole experience. Also, coming back from Blizzard Beach one day, we waited almost an hour. The rest of the trip we had good experiences though, so nothing tragic, but I could have done without all that.

Breakfast at Ohana was amazing, but waiting for a table was just like I remember from last trip. Arrived 5 minutes early, waited over 25 minutes. I don’t see this changing though. The waiter, food and characters were all great though. One of our favorite meals of the trip.

We had trouble with the marshmallow roast. It didn’t happen one night, ends about 35 minutes after start time and was at a different time another night. Not a big deal at all, but it would be great if they’d get this settled.

We ordered drinks from the volcano pool bar one day and the bartender wouldn’t let DH have 3 for just him, even though the person right before him carried off 5. He acknowledged the discrepancy but wouldn’t budge. The gate at this pool also sucks. Often the reader didn’t work and it clangs shut SUPER loud. Also, there aren’t enough chairs with shade. It wasn’t awful, but they need about 10 more. Being a high-usage time for the pool 2 weeks after Easter, we definitely had to look for a few minutes to find a chair, but someone was always leaving.

When we first got to the room, housekeeping was there trying to get a spot out of the carpet. It didn’t come out but wasn’t a big deal to me.

The ordering lines at Captain Cook could use some organization. Sometimes they took people from one direction, sometimes from another, and 2 wasn’t enough for the long lines I encountered one evening. It wasn’t awful, but it was a little confusing. Also, FYI when the special cupcakes run out, they run out, so if you want a certain one, grab it earlier in the day.

I also wouldn’t have minded another big drawer or two in the main part of the room, but we brought a hanging shelf thing for the closet and pop-up laundry hamper from the dollar store so we were more than fine. FYI, I brought packing cubes (2 large, 2 medium and 1 small) and the set fit perfectly in the drawer under the bed. I thought the cubes made it super easy. I also put DS’s outfit for each day in a gallon ziplock in the bathroom drawer and that worked out great.

Overall, it really was a magical trip and I’d stay at the Poly again in a heartbeat.

We are traveling with a 3 year old and this is our first stay at the Poly or Disney resort. Does anyone know if I can request bed rails when I arrive or do I need to request them in advance? I believe I read that they were available. Afraid of my little guy rolling off the bed! Thanks!

We are traveling with a 3 year old and this is our first stay at the Poly or Disney resort. Does anyone know if I can request bed rails when I arrive or do I need to request them in advance? I believe I read that they were available. Afraid of my little guy rolling off the bed! Thanks!

Yes, you can request them before you arrive. But most likely you will have to call housekeeping and ask them to bring them to you once in your room.

Just over 90 days 'til I'm back at my Happy Place :hippie:

CF163BCE-76DC-4FDC-827E-900A1A223738_zpszcaugaan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter