Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th of July questions. Is the pool a nice place to watch from or will the view be blocked by masses on the beach? Will there be a special Club level viewing area? What special things will they do? For example, there was a great 4th of July atmosphere at BW a few years ago with a bunch of family games on the lawn.

We stayed at the Poly over July 4 in 2014. The July 4 fireworks at the MK have been the perimeter fireworks so viewing them from the Poly was actually better than seeing them from inside the park. If you are staying CL that is fantastic because in the past they have roped off a CL viewing area and put chairs out for CL guests. Everyone else is on their own. They did not limit it to Poly guests at all! In 2014 the Poly wasn't crowded during our stay because of construction but on the 4th of July it was overflowing with visitors!

They did have more games and fun by the pool that year although they had that pretty much every day. They also had shaved ice at the Kona Coffee Bar on July4. And the pool was a pretty good place to watch the fireworks from.

We're at our 60 day mark as well. FP tonight! I am still not 100% decided on Poly and BC split stay. I think it's a great combo but I am worried I'll love Poly so much, I'll hate to switch
BC is also beautiful and fun. You won't regret it

We're at our 60 day mark as well. FP tonight! I am still not 100% decided on Poly and BC split stay. I think it's a great combo but I am worried I'll love Poly so much, I'll hate to switch
Think that you will ENJOY BOTH!:thumbsup2 We did the same this past October and LOVED our vaca!:cheer2:

I've heard it wasn't well enforced and that it is packed with non-guests. I hope that's not true.

We stayed at the Poly over July 4th last year and the beach was not reserved for Poly guests only. The only area that was reserved was a part of the beach for those staying CL. No one we were standing around was staying at the Poly. In fact, on the monorail ride back to the Poly from our dinner at Chef Mickey's were quite a few people with their lawn chairs that headed right to the Poly beach. Be prepared for it to be crowded.

There were special games at the pool that day and they were checking magic bands and giving special wristbands out for Poly guests so at least they enforced the no pool hopping rule.

All this talk about the Monorail on a extended closure... Man all the times I have came to Disneyworld and stayed in a non-monorail resort and dreamed of staying in a monorail resort...
Now I finally am staying at the poly and the Monorail is not running all the time... BUMMER I am so angry....:furious:>:( and sad:(:guilty::sad1:
I'm with you ... Don't know if I should mention it to my husband ... We're there for 8 day poly stay with park hopper. We do a mid-day break and park hop all over. We thought monorail would be perfect. But ....

4th of July questions. Is the pool a nice place to watch from or will the view be blocked by masses on the beach? Will there be a special Club level viewing area? What special things will they do? For example, there was a great 4th of July atmosphere at BW a few years ago with a bunch of family games on the lawn.

There are signs saying the beach is for poly guests only but people don't care and the CMs do NOT enforce it. People even bring their own folding lawn chairs to stake out spots on the beach. You get locals, other resort guests, and a lot of teenagers/young adults who are doing the extended CP. We were there last 4th of July and were shocked at how many people crammed in on the beach. They moved our porch chairs into our room because in years past people would walk right up and take them to use. This happens on July 3 & 4. We were originally going to watch the fireworks on July 3 from the poly but changed our minds when we looked out our patio door and saw how busy it was. So we went to the Magic Kingdom and watched them there instead. There were even people sitting out on the bare concrete slab that was our patio because it was raining and they didn't want to be waiting out on the beach in wet sand. When we asked them to leave, they were very rude about it and we had to get security to remove them because we felt awkward having people sitting right up against our sliding glass door.

Club level guests do get a roped off area on the beach, but I believe it is on the 4th only. I know they have some cookout style foods available for CL guests. On the 4th itself, the Poly gave out red, white, and blue leis. The pool bar also had some special patriotic themed drinks and there were CMs out playing games poolside with some cute red, white, and blue prizes for the kids. The atmosphere was really bustling and fun on July 4.

I really wish they would enforce the poly only guests on July 3/4 but it is insane how many people show up to watch fireworks on the beach so I guess it is near impossible for them to check everyone. The CMs are probably overwhelmed. They did put armbands on people staying at the poly after scanning magic bands last year, but they only seemed to be enforcing people wearing them to get into the pool area. There were tons of people trying to get in and stake out pool chair spots without armbands on the 4th and argued with the lifeguards about why they should be let in. We'll be there again this year and hope that if they give out armbands again they enforce that the beach is for people with armbands only. I love July 4 at Disney, but be prepared for how busy Poly will get by about 5:00 pm on July 3 and 4.

There are signs saying the beach is for poly guests only but people don't care and the CMs do NOT enforce it. People even bring their own folding lawn chairs to stake out spots on the beach. You get locals, other resort guests, and a lot of teenagers/young adults who are doing the extended CP. We were there last 4th of July and were shocked at how many people crammed in on the beach. They moved our porch chairs into our room because in years past people would walk right up and take them to use. This happens on July 3 & 4. We were originally going to watch the fireworks on July 3 from the poly but changed our minds when we looked out our patio door and saw how busy it was. So we went to the Magic Kingdom and watched them there instead. There were even people sitting out on the bare concrete slab that was our patio because it was raining and they didn't want to be waiting out on the beach in wet sand. When we asked them to leave, they were very rude about it and we had to get security to remove them because we felt awkward having people sitting right up against our sliding glass door.

Club level guests do get a roped off area on the beach, but I believe it is on the 4th only. I know they have some cookout style foods available for CL guests. On the 4th itself, the Poly gave out red, white, and blue leis. The pool bar also had some special patriotic themed drinks and there were CMs out playing games poolside with some cute red, white, and blue prizes for the kids. The atmosphere was really bustling and fun on July 4.

I really wish they would enforce the poly only guests on July 3/4 but it is insane how many people show up to watch fireworks on the beach so I guess it is near impossible for them to check everyone. The CMs are probably overwhelmed. They did put armbands on people staying at the poly after scanning magic bands last year, but they only seemed to be enforcing people wearing them to get into the pool area. There were tons of people trying to get in and stake out pool chair spots without armbands on the 4th and argued with the lifeguards about why they should be let in. We'll be there again this year and hope that if they give out armbands again they enforce that the beach is for people with armbands only. I love July 4 at Disney, but be prepared for how busy Poly will get by about 5:00 pm on July 3 and 4.

Out of sheer curiosity... What could possibly be their argument?

Out of sheer curiosity... What could possibly be their argument?

The people who were on our patio? We asked them to move because we felt uncomfortable, and they told us that they didn't have to be staying there to have the right to stay dry. We told them that didn't even make any sense, and they asked where our parents were. (She's 21 and I'm 19 - but we both look much younger). We got creeped out after that so we just went to the front desk and they got someone to make them move.

The people who were on our patio? We asked them to move because we felt uncomfortable, and they told us that they didn't have to be staying there to have the right to stay dry. We told them that didn't even make any sense, and they asked where our parents were. (She's 21 and I'm 19 - but we both look much younger). We got creeped out after that so we just went to the front desk and they got someone to make them move.
Patio I would consider your paid space! Glad you had them moved, but disappointed you had to go through this. The Poly really needs to do a better job!

Hope you were able to get the FPs you wanted :wizard:.

We've stayed at both resorts and while the Poly is our favorite, we did enjoy our BC stay. Splitting between a monorail resort and Epcot resort is great as you get the best of both worlds :goodvibes.

Just have to share that I'll be at the Poly for the first time in 13 days, and my parents who live in Florida are now going to join me!!! :jumping1:

Hope you have a great time! :yay:

Thank you :hug: There's going to be a DIS takeover at the Poly for sure that week! I can't wait!!!

YAY for FP day!!!!!!!!!! I also will be looking forward to your BWI review as well as your Poly review! I hope you love BWI like we did, and I hope I love Poly like you do! This is the third summer we've booked Poly, and we cancelled twice for major construction in 2014 & 2015. So many ch-ch-changes it's funny we've ended back where we've started (booking wise that is)

Thank you pas! I can't wait to try the CL at BWI, and I also can't wait to get back to Poly. Sometimes I'm not confident with a split-stay, but this one should be fabulous!

Wow, I am not thrilled about this lack of enforcement at Poly for 4th of July. It wouldn't be very hard to enforce with a few good security people in place. If I have people standing in front of my room blocking my view, I am not going to quietly endure that. That's BS. You pay for Poly, the resort should limit to resort and dining guests period. I would imagine that the pool is strictly enforced? Hope so. Why not just stay in that area?

Wow, I am not thrilled about this lack of enforcement at Poly for 4th of July. It wouldn't be very hard to enforce with a few good security people in place. If I have people standing in front of my room blocking my view, I am not going to quietly endure that. That's BS. You pay for Poly, the resort should limit to resort and dining guests period. I would imagine that the pool is strictly enforced? Hope so. Why not just stay in that area?
Yes, the pool is strictly enforced. Pool hopping is not allowed and you cannot access the gated pool area unless you have a Poly reservation on your MagicBand.

Hi all - question about leaving the MK around 9:00 PM, which is when the Electrical Water Pageant is going past the Poly. Does the boat still run to the Poly, or should we plan to take the monorail? Thanks!

re 4th of July at Poly: They seem to be working harder each year to enforce viewing areas. I do wish they'd rope off an area for non-Poly guests. That might make things a bit more fair to the paid Poly guests who can't find a viewing spot. I know there would still be those people who don't abide by the rules, but more and more CM's are walking around with Ipads and scanning MB's so that helps too.

We stay CL on the lagoon side, so we view the shows from our room. I can say the bungalow construction now limits the views from the beach in front of Hawaii, so many guests now move to other areas of Poly. Although last July 3 and 4 were stormy, so that probably kept a lot of people away. We'll be there again this year in a LV room and at the end of the night, even though crowds at Poly are huge, we are still happy we get to stay put on our patio with drinks and snacks as we watch the crowds of people pile out.:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter