Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over 90 days 'til I'm back at my Happy Place :hippie:

CF163BCE-76DC-4FDC-827E-900A1A223738_zpszcaugaan.jpg

I was just going to post how lucky you are! Then I thought about it and realized we will be there in 60 days! Which means I should be thinking about FP's, which also means I think I need to renew our AP's :faint:...

Beautiful family, @pas130 ! I will look for you all :grouphug:
Thank you :hug: There's going to be a DIS takeover at the Poly for sure that week! I can't wait!!!

I was just going to post how lucky you are! Then I thought about it and realized we will be there in 60 days! Which means I should be thinking about FP's, which also means I think I need to renew our AP's :faint:...
YAY for FP day!!!!!!!!!! I also will be looking forward to your BWI review as well as your Poly review! I hope you love BWI like we did, and I hope I love Poly like you do! This is the third summer we've booked Poly, and we cancelled twice for major construction in 2014 & 2015. So many ch-ch-changes it's funny we've ended back where we've started (booking wise that is)

We stayed at the Poly April 2-13 in a Studio Villa and loved it!

Overall, it really was a magical trip and I’d stay at the Poly again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your review! Glad you had a great time overall :wizard:.

Just over 90 days 'til I'm back at my Happy Place :hippie:

CF163BCE-76DC-4FDC-827E-900A1A223738_zpszcaugaan.jpg

You will be there before you know it! :yay:

Love the monorail pic :).

We will be there in 90 days!!! Driving down in 89....getting close :)

The time will go fast! :wizard:

View attachment 165130
That would be way cool!! Can't miss this princesses
(Or my little King)

What a great pic! I agree with johnsonet, beautiful family :hug:.

Good luck with your FP's :wizard:.

This is the third summer we've booked Poly, and we cancelled twice for major construction in 2014 & 2015. So many ch-ch-changes it's funny we've ended back where we've started (booking wise that is)

It's meant to be this time :thumbsup2.

Aloha!

Just wondering if the May activities schedule has been posted yet? Wondering at what time the torch lighting ceremony will take place next week of May 8th.

Mahalo! :)

Aloha!

Just wondering if the May activities schedule has been posted yet? Wondering at what time the torch lighting ceremony will take place next week of May 8th.

Mahalo! :)

Torch lighting is every month (Tuesday - Saturday)

Torch lighting is every month (Tuesday - Saturday)
Thank you so much! So glad to hear that my beloved Poly is keeping up such a beautiful tradition. Any idea of what time it might take place? We last saw it in 2010 and it seems to me it was late afternoon (not near sunset).

Thanks again!

Laura

Thank you so much! So glad to hear that my beloved Poly is keeping up such a beautiful tradition. Any idea of what time it might take place? We last saw it in 2010 and it seems to me it was late afternoon (not near sunset).

Thanks again!

Laura

Its always 6:00 but now it is back at the turf area next to Captain Cook's and the Lava Pool.

Its always 6:00 but now it is back at the turf area next to Captain Cook's and the Lava Pool.
Awesome - thanks again! We will stake out a spot next week. Thank you for helping us add this little bit of extra tropical magic to our vacation! :)

We're at our 60 day mark as well. FP tonight! I am still not 100% decided on Poly and BC split stay. I think it's a great combo but I am worried I'll love Poly so much, I'll hate to switch

Yep and for us a trip with few to no buses would be ideal. We'll do MK from Poly and then walk to Epcot and DHS. One bus trip to AK only! Maybe to DTD but that's been so painful in the past I think we'll Uber that. Two Qs:
- order of Poly bus route to parks?
- I know I can get to parks from TTC but do they also have buses to DTD?

A monorail closure would be a MAJOR problem for me. Its the reason I spend 500 a night for POLY....well one reason......

It was definitely a bummer, but that was the only morning it was an issue for us. What I'm wondering though, is what it actually for "maintenance" which they seem to have been doing for over a year or was it part of the capacity cuts they've done all over the park. If it's just maintenance, why start back up at 9 or 9:30 instead of an hour earlier. I can't imagine that hour makes the same difference to maintenance as it does to all the people wanting to use the monorail. I tried to keep my review here Poly-specific, but I can't imagine planning another trip until WDW is finished with these capacity cuts. We were expecting 6s crowd-wise and got 9s and 10s. My husband has thanked me so many times for doing good planning as we never waited more than about 25 minutes for anything, although Test Track's FP line took about that long both times.

Oh and renting points is awesome. Just over $300/night.

I know I saw the monorail closure details here somewhere- can anyone remind me? I agree with the head scratcher on why close from 11pm until 9am. Close midnight to 7:30 or 8am and far fewer people will be affected.

4th of July questions. Is the pool a nice place to watch from or will the view be blocked by masses on the beach? Will there be a special Club level viewing area? What special things will they do? For example, there was a great 4th of July atmosphere at BW a few years ago with a bunch of family games on the lawn.

4th of July questions. Is the pool a nice place to watch from or will the view be blocked by masses on the beach? Will there be a special Club level viewing area? What special things will they do? For example, there was a great 4th of July atmosphere at BW a few years ago with a bunch of family games on the lawn.
My understanding is that the beach is limited to Poly guests on the holiday, with a reserved viewing area for CL.

Would love to know about activities on that day as well, as we are staying at Poly for the holiday weekend too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter