Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! I'm curious about the spa as well. If for nothing else, perhaps just a foot massage (if it's offered!).

Hi!

Does anyone have the number to CSR? Is there a number? I want to make a payment and request an allergy deep clean for my stay.. Allergies and asthma are not awesome, and I like to breath.

I know that this is just a request and not a guarantee but I would rather ask than not. I put I have allergies and asthma on my reservation but was told by another cm to request a deep clean verbally.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Hi!

Does anyone have the number to CSR? Is there a number? I want to make a payment and request an allergy deep clean for my stay.. Allergies and asthma are not awesome, and I like to breath.

I know that this is just a request and not a guarantee but I would rather ask than not. I put I have allergies and asthma on my reservation but was told by another cm to request a deep clean verbally.

I appreciate everyone's help!
There is no direct number to CSR.

Hi everyone! CSR is by far my favorite moderate resort. Have stayed there numerous times in the past and thinking of doing so again the week befor thanksgiving. My only concern is the current refurb going on at the resort. What do you think I can expect to be happening construction wise in November?

How are the Christmas decorations at CSR? I would love to stay here, since it looks so pretty. Thinking of going the first week of December in a few years (hopefully all refurb will be done by then?).

DH wants BW, but depending on budget, CSR would be my back-up plan.

Hi everyone! CSR is by far my favorite moderate resort. Have stayed there numerous times in the past and thinking of doing so again the week befor thanksgiving. My only concern is the current refurb going on at the resort. What do you think I can expect to be happening construction wise in November?

It should take 90 days per building. They started in Ranchos and they're going clockwise. They'll probably be just finishing Cabanas or beginning Casitas at that point.

Awww!
We're going this coming December to experience Disney at Christmastime. We're staying at the GF for the first time (renting DVC) and very excited about seeing it all decked out for Christmas. But the Coronado is the only place I've stayed on property so far, and seeing those pics of it decorated for Christmas made me smile. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Good ol' CSR! <3

Just returned. I did my last night here to scope out if I wanted to book a future stay.

The resort itself was beautiful. Maybe one of the best landscaped resorts I've seen as far as plants and themed buildings/areas. I was in Ranchero 6B. I was pretty close to a bus stop but way away from the food court. I did have a mug since I was on a split stay but I never made the trip to just fill my mug and wouldn't have, even up to the Dig Site. I did fill it a few times in conjunction with arrival/departure to the resort or at a meal but, not worth it to walk it for a free beverage. (I did fill it at Café Rix not Pepper Mill unless it was a meal) I did find the beds a little uncomfortable which was a first for WDW.

I will also note that I was right across from the refurb. Take a rolling housekeeping cart and multiply that by about 6 and that was the noise level as they were wheeling things in and out. There was also banging. I was only there one night so maybe they figured I wouldn't mind, LOL. It went on till about 8pm and started again around 8:30am. I was willing to take that in stride and it didn't actually bother me but after a few days I might have been annoyed.

However I probably will not stay there again but not because of the noise or the beds.

1. I found it huge and while not an impossible walk for me, it was far. I had spent the first part of this trip in the back of All Star Music and it is considered a long walk by most and this was even further. If my folks had been along this would have been a deal breaker. I might stay here if I had a car but would not if I was only using Disney Transportation.

2. And this is just a personal thing but I found the seasoning on the food was not to my taste. I have had southwestern food before, and while it's not my thing I can live with it. The food at the resort was tolerable but after a dinner and a breakfast I would not choose to eat there again. (Pepper Market). The food itself was fine it was just over seasoned.

Again the staff and service were great and like I said it was beautifully themed but I don't think it suits me. However if you have transportation or don't do much at the main building I'd say it's a great location for theme and ambiance.

Hello everyone.
We are planning a short stay, to attend a wedding in Mid May.
We have stayed on property several times over the years, but other than one time at Caribbean Beach Resort (which was too chaotic for us), we've stayed at Deluxe Resorts. We like larger rooms, themeing, full service restaurants. Views are important to us, too.
Our favorite place is AKL, club level, because we love the themeing, food, and animals.

When we go in May, there are 3 of us. We want 2 sleeping areas - a separate sleeping area for me and my husband, and then a place for our college daughter.
This resort has availability for a Jr Suite King - that looks like perfect room accommodations for us.
The pool area looks incredible.

To stay at AKL CL, we will need 2 rooms - which is way too expensive for us on this trip.
I also found a very well priced 1 BR villa at Saratoga Springs.
And I'm looking at Wilderness Lodge, Deluxe Room, Club Level.

I don't know anything about this Coronado Springs, though, so I am wondering about the refurbishment being discussed - how that will affect us.
I don't understand where we will be located within the resort relative to buses, restaurants, the pool.

Any comments would be gratefully received.

There are Jr suites in Casitas 1 and 3. Close to el centro and bus, litter further from the dig site. The pool is lovely. Very large. The poo slide is fun too. Also, a large hot tub. The grounds are beautiful to walk around and explore, day or night. I would price out 2 rooms at CSR and the Villa at Saratoga then go from there. See what the difference is. If you choose CSR, you won't be disappointed. I've never stayed at Saratoga only visited the resort. They have the boat transportation to Disney Springs, not sure if it goes anyplace else.

Just a note on size ... so no one gets nervous:
- Biggest footprint moderate is CBR, then POR, then CSR, then POFQ.
- The walk from Ranchos is the same as from the back of ASMu but much prettier.
- Ranchos has it's own bus stop as do the other sections so walking to the bus is nothing compared to ASMu or some others.
- You can also take the bus to El Centro if you prefer but we don't mind the 4-5 minute walk.

There is also a jr suite in cabana 8b. There used to be one in 9b but that building is closed.

Just a note on size ... so no one gets nervous:
- Biggest footprint moderate is CBR, then POR, then CSR, then POFQ.
- The walk from Ranchos is the same as from the back of ASMu but much prettier.
- Ranchos has it's own bus stop as do the other sections so walking to the bus is nothing compared to ASMu or some others.
- You can also take the bus to El Centro if you prefer but we don't mind the 4-5 minute walk.

Thanks for breaking that down. We were thinking of CSR, but worried about distance to El Centro if we were in Ranchos (we always get refillable mugs and fill them a few times a day). A 5 minute walk is no big deal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter