Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should take 90 days per building. They started in Ranchos and they're going clockwise. They'll probably be just finishing Cabanas or beginning Casitas at that point.

We have a standard room booked June 21-24. Where do you think they'll be working then? The least appealing part of the resort to me is Ranchos, but I would like to be as far away from construction as possible so I'm curious what would be the best building to request.

Thanks for breaking that down. We were thinking of CSR, but worried about distance to El Centro if we were in Ranchos (we always get refillable mugs and fill them a few times a day). A 5 minute walk is no big deal for us.

Note that at CSR, you may refill your mug at the QS location at the main pool, so even closer to Ranchos.

Reading through this thread made me miss CSR so I double checked availability for our dates next month and found a room with the AP discount that's cheaper than what we currently have booked (Little Mermaid room at AoA). Now to convince DD7 we should give up AoA!

Any idea where the construction will be in the next two weeks?? They're not working on the main pool are they?

Reading through this thread made me miss CSR so I double checked availability for our dates next month and found a room with the AP discount that's cheaper than what we currently have booked (Little Mermaid room at AoA). Now to convince DD7 we should give up AoA!
This made me smile! I love CSR too, and I would have done the same thing!

We have a standard room booked June 21-24. Where do you think they'll be working then? The least appealing part of the resort to me is Ranchos, but I would like to be as far away from construction as possible so I'm curious what would be the best building to request.

They should/will still be working in Ranchos. Ask for Cabanas 9A or Casitas 4, or simply away from construction.

We just checked in. Got put in 6a it seems to be the only ranchos that are not under construction. Also anyone know why they are putting up a giant chain link fence around the "pond" area right as you enter the resort in front of elcentro I think it's called

We just checked in. Got put in 6a it seems to be the only ranchos that are not under construction. Also anyone know why they are putting up a giant chain link fence around the "pond" area right as you enter the resort in front of elcentro I think it's called

The construction relating to building 9B includes that retaining pond you're seeing fenced off.

The construction relating to building 9B includes that retaining pond you're seeing fenced off.

Seems far away. There is a pond right next to 9b that's fenced but why would they fence the part below that I circled for that?

Attachments

• IMG_6099.JPG
    IMG_6099.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 41
Seems far away. There is a pond right next to 9b that's fenced but why would they fence the part below that I circled for that?

There was a permit posted a while ago that mentioned movement of the retaining ponds, this could be one of the ones they are moving. At the time it was announced I think the speculation was for convention center expansion. There's no real way of knowing until we see more.

Big changes coming to CSR. The front pond and the one behind 9b will be drained and filled for the projects

Big changes coming to CSR. The front pond and the one behind 9b will be drained and filled for the projects
I'm getting a bit nervous now. I have reservations for mid April and we planned to have a lot of "resort time" and only one park day. I hope the construction won't be too overwhelming and take away from the beauty of the resort. We stayed at Coronado Springs in June 2015 and it was absolutely magical.

I'm getting a bit nervous now. I have reservations for mid April and we planned to have a lot of "resort time" and only one park day. I hope the construction won't be too overwhelming and take away from the beauty of the resort. We stayed at Coronado Springs in June 2015 and it was absolutely magical.

This makes me nervous as well. Our trip is booked for the same time. It's our first kid-free trip,and staying at CSR for the first time since we can't stay there with our three kids. We normally stay deluxe, but thought we'd save some money and give CSR a try. I didn't realize the construction would involve ponds!

This makes me nervous as well. Our trip is booked for the same time. It's our first kid-free trip,and staying at CSR for the first time since we can't stay there with our three kids. We normally stay deluxe, but thought we'd save some money and give CSR a try. I didn't realize the construction would involve ponds!

The only time you see the front ponds is exiting the resort on the bus or peering out from the bridge connecting El Centro and Cabanas. It shouldn't have any real visual impact inside the resort. You can't see them from lakeside, and there's no way to look in that direction from the outside-facing rooms.

The only buildings closed are 7A and 9B right now.

it appears all of 7 and 6B is closed as well. We were staying in 6a checked out this morning and all the sidewalks to 6b where closed and it appeared all of 7 was as well. Also parking was extremely limited near 6a. Not only was a large portion of it closed for construction they had cones in pretty much half the spaces. No idea why.

In hindsight we should have stayed at another resort. Tv and AC wasn't working they tried to fix it twice and then we just gave up. Room was really worn, hence the renovations. Safe still had a key which I swear when we stayed in 7a two years ago it did not.

it appears all of 7 and 6B is closed as well. We were staying in 6a checked out this morning and all the sidewalks to 6b where closed and it appeared all of 7 was as well. Also parking was extremely limited near 6a. Not only was a large portion of it closed for construction they had cones in pretty much half the spaces. No idea why.

In hindsight we should have stayed at another resort. Tv and AC wasn't working they tried to fix it twice and then we just gave up. Room was really worn, hence the renovations. Safe still had a key which I swear when we stayed in 7a two years ago it did not.

Oh no, this makes me worried. We have a preferred room booked. But I'm worried about how worn the room may be because I know that area won't be refurbished by April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter