Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything about the old rooms having any laminate, but the refurbished rooms will be carpet-free. There are a couple of test rooms out there so you could request and just see if you get lucky. You could also call and ask for an allergy deep cleaning. Best of luck!

Will definitely make that request, thanks for the input!

Has anyone stayed at Coronado Springs during Pop Warner week in December? Are you ever bothered by any of the groups that stay there?

Has anyone stayed at Coronado Springs during Pop Warner week in December? Are you ever bothered by any of the groups that stay there?

We caught the last couple days of Pop Warner on our 2013 and 2014 trips. I barely noticed they were there. We were in Cabanas both of those trips though and none of them were staying in that area.

I noticed on our trip this past Dec 2016, they seemed to have upgraded the security patrolling CSR at night. I doubt there would be too much rowdiness to worry about.

We caught the last couple days of Pop Warner on our 2013 and 2014 trips. I barely noticed they were there. We were in Cabanas both of those trips though and none of them were staying in that area.

I noticed on our trip this past Dec 2016, they seemed to have upgraded the security patrolling CSR at night. I doubt there would be too much rowdiness to worry about.

Ok, good to know! I'm trying to do as much research on all the moderates as I can. I currently have a reservation at Art of Animation for a 11/30-12/9 stay this year. When discounts eventually release later this year for my dates I'm going to try and pretty much take what I can get from whatever moderate resort has availability.

Another thing I was wondering about is whether most rooms have carpets? I've seen a few different photos and some did and others had laminate. Does anyone know if there are any rooms in the Cabanas area that are carpet-free? We would really prefer that for the sake of allergies.

The photos with laminate on the floor are photos of the model refurb rooms. That's with the rooms will eventually look like. There are only a couple of those and right now I believe they are open to being assigned to guests. But there are no actually refurbished rooms available yet, as those are all in building 7A which is closed and undergoing the refurbishment right now.

We stayed at Coronado during all of Pop Warner week last month. The absolutely only problem we had was a few cheerleaders trying to enter the exit line for the Mexican food station at the food court. The cast members put an immediate stop to it. Other than that, traditional meal times were more crowded at the food court, and the pool was more crowded. But that can happen at any crowded time. We had no issues with the buses and crowding. And as @saskdw said, there is security patrolling the resort at night. When we sat at our Romantic Evening Beach Bench®, we would see the same security guard come around every 20 minutes or so making rounds around the lake.

Last edited:
I saw a post awhile back that CSR pool hours were changing. The pool would now be closing at 8:00. We will be there in June, surely the pool hours will go back to staying open late during the hotter, more crowded times of the year? One of our favorite things to do at Disney is hitting the pool after a long (hot) day at the parks. Any thoughts?

We were there for Pop Warner last month and only saw cheerleaders a handful of times. They really had no affect on our stay at all. We even went to the main pool that week and it was quiet, they must have been at a competition or something at the time. I was worried about it and it was no bother at all. We only eat breakfast at the food court and never ran into them. I would request Cabanas. There were no cheerleaders staying in that section.

I saw a post awhile back that CSR pool hours were changing. The pool would now be closing at 8:00. We will be there in June, surely the pool hours will go back to staying open late during the hotter, more crowded times of the year? One of our favorite things to do at Disney is hitting the pool after a long (hot) day at the parks. Any thoughts?

The pool was open until 9 or 10 pm in October. They just adjust them in the winter months as fewer people are swimming and the days are shorter.

The pool was open until 9 or 10 pm in October. They just adjust them in the winter months as fewer people are swimming and the days are shorter.
That is what I was hoping for! We have always been able to swim until 10:00 or later in the summer months at other resorts.

I did a quick scan for refurb info - 7A is currently being worked on, right? So it should probably be open by late April? Any other info about a timeline/which buildings are next?

Is there a convention list available for this year? Just curious about how busy the resort will be in early March.

I found a convention list on a FB group that is referenced here called Coronado Springs Buzz - it's not a complete list but what they have found from searching. The only thing listed for early March was an "International Women in Aviation Conference". We are going at a very busy week in April <Easter week> so I had been checking to see if there would be a conference on top of the crowds. There is one there, but I don't think it will be a big one. :)

I found a convention list on a FB group that is referenced here called Coronado Springs Buzz - it's not a complete list but what they have found from searching. The only thing listed for early March was an "International Women in Aviation Conference". We are going at a very busy week in April <Easter week> so I had been checking to see if there would be a conference on top of the crowds. There is one there, but I don't think it will be a big one. :)
Thanks! I joined the group and found the list. Thankfully nothing seemed to be scheduled for the week we're there. Phew!

Thanks! I joined the group and found the list. Thankfully nothing seemed to be scheduled for the week we're there. Phew!

Oh good! There's a convention when we are there, something called "Demystifying the PA Boards 4-Day Event" but I can't see that having a big impact on the resort. And since our son will be staying at Pop with his hs music department <about 300+ kids>, I probably shouldn't complain about groups being at resorts! :hyper: :blush:

I've just booked a stay at Coronado Springs for Dapper Day weekend in April and I'm so excited! This is my first time booking a Disney Resort myself, and only my second time staying at one, so I'm still learning the ropes.

My main question is, although all three sections are beautiful, the more I look at pictures, I've decided I'd especially love to be in the Ranchos area, and I was wondering how to request that. Can I just call back and ask them to note a preference for Ranchos, or is that just determined by the type of room or would I need to pay an extra fee or anything? I've just got a standard room, and I'm sure I'll be happy anywhere, but if I can improve my odds of being in Ranchos, I'd love to do that.

I've just booked a stay at Coronado Springs for Dapper Day weekend in April and I'm so excited! This is my first time booking a Disney Resort myself, and only my second time staying at one, so I'm still learning the ropes.

My main question is, although all three sections are beautiful, the more I look at pictures, I've decided I'd especially love to be in the Ranchos area, and I was wondering how to request that. Can I just call back and ask them to note a preference for Ranchos, or is that just determined by the type of room or would I need to pay an extra fee or anything? I've just got a standard room, and I'm sure I'll be happy anywhere, but if I can improve my odds of being in Ranchos, I'd love to do that.
Just call and have the request added to your reservation

We just booked a reservation at Coronado Springs! This will be the first time we've stayed there. Through the years we have done: Pop Century (several times), All-Stars (twice), Caribbean Beach (long ago), and Port Orleans (long ago). This will be our first venture back to the moderate resorts. I found this thread and can't wait to read more!

Ranchos really nails the southwest desert resort vibe. Lots of people don't want to get Ranchos, though, because it's a 10-to-15 minute walk to El Centro (though the it has good Dig Site pool proximity) and completely secluded behind one of those moderate resort "why do they leave these here" giant, circular stands of trees. Meaning if you request it, I doubt you wouldn't get it. ;-) You should be able to request Ranchos as one of your two room-request selections when you reserve.

Does anyone know if you can swim in the quiet pools before the official opening time? My husband likes to swim laps. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter