Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I view pictures of the remodel being done to CSR? I am probably one of the only people without Facebook so unfortunately that's not an option for me if they are posted there. Thanks in advance!
The Twitter account @Buzz2001 has pictures. You don't need a Twitter account to see them, but will need to scroll down a bit once on his Twitter page.

We just stayed at CSR for the first, and probably last time last week. Been going to WDW for over 30 years and were more than disappointed with CSR. As Disney often does, this hotel is overdue for renovation. I believe that is scheduled to begin this week. Our room looked like it hadn't had much done to it in years and was not clean to what we have come to expect from Disney. The mattress was awful and adding an "egg crate" didn't help much. There was no privacy curtain between the sink area and the room and no sign that there had ever been one. Got back to the room one night and the TV didn't work. We were tired and told them to come the next morning to fix it. It was a handicap room and had a "roll-in" shower which we really didn't need, but the drain didn't seem to work well and the water covered the entire floor. The toilet would sometimes "burp" when other rooms flushed. They need to do a lot of work soon and set a better schedule for future renovations. We'll be going back to the Epcot resorts from now on.

Oh wow, that's disheartening. Which section were you staying in? We've looked at CSR for our Honeymoon in October.

Sorry if I've missed it but is there anywhere I can find a list of conventions happening this year at CSR? Just wanna see if there are any happening during our trip.

We just stayed at CSR for the first, and probably last time last week. Been going to WDW for over 30 years and were more than disappointed with CSR. As Disney often does, this hotel is overdue for renovation. I believe that is scheduled to begin this week. Our room looked like it hadn't had much done to it in years and was not clean to what we have come to expect from Disney. The mattress was awful and adding an "egg crate" didn't help much. There was no privacy curtain between the sink area and the room and no sign that there had ever been one. Got back to the room one night and the TV didn't work. We were tired and told them to come the next morning to fix it. It was a handicap room and had a "roll-in" shower which we really didn't need, but the drain didn't seem to work well and the water covered the entire floor. The toilet would sometimes "burp" when other rooms flushed. They need to do a lot of work soon and set a better schedule for future renovations. We'll be going back to the Epcot resorts from now on.
That's a bummer. We were there about a year ago and everything was wonderful!

My partner and I had talked about maybe doing the Contemporary on our next trip, because it reminds us in spirit (not looks!) of the Disneyland Hotel. Then I got home and started thinking...what would we do for romantic, quiet evening walks? There's no Lago Dorado to stroll around at the Contemporary. That one thought and the Contemporary evaporated in my mind. Coronado gets into your heart like that.
It is so relaxing and beautiful at night. I love looking at the "main" part from the back with all the pretty lanterns!

Just wanted to chime in that we are staying at CSR for the first time in April - and thanks to this thread, I'm really excited. We are going at a tough time - Easter week - but my son will be performing with his HS Orchestra so I couldn't miss it. Though it's been <gulp> 11 years since we've been, at first I wanted to avoid the crowds totally - we were going to stay in Disney Springs at the Hilton Orlando BVP and do limited parks. But when I went to make dining reservations today, the pricing info that I had originally been playing around with popped up and I realized CSR was the same price as the Hilton. And just like that - we switched. I've definitely been one that has heard the "it's too big, it's far from everything" reviews but reading this thread, watching some videos....I think it might be the perfect resort for us. We arrive Sunday 4/9 and leave 4/14 <quick trip!> Of course I'm a little concerned about the refurbishments going on but not overly so. I believe my husband requested the Cabanas area. One thing I didn't realize, though, is that there are no balconies <slight bummer> so I'm wondering why we are paying for a waterview...?

Regardless, now I have 3 months to bring myself up to speed on this resort! I've known about this trip for months but I guess thinking we'd be staying offsite had me dragging my feet in planning - one phone call and I'm so excited to get going!
You will love it!

Having trouble deciding on where to request our two standard rooms, as I've read recommendations for Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas. I'm sure everyone has different preferences, but we're looking for a quiet spot close to a pool for our 6-11 year olds.

TouringPlans picks are widespread but I'm leaning towards Cabana 8A and Casita 4.

Is one better than the other? Or is there a better spot? I'm worried that if the construction is happening in the Cabana area it might be noisy?

Having trouble deciding on where to request our two standard rooms, as I've read recommendations for Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas. I'm sure everyone has different preferences, but we're looking for a quiet spot close to a pool for our 6-11 year olds.

TouringPlans picks are widespread but I'm leaning towards Cabana 8A and Casita 4.

Is one better than the other? Or is there a better spot? I'm worried that if the construction is happening in the Cabana area it might be noisy?

Bldg 8A is the other end of the Cabanas section from whatever they're going to do to Bldg 9B. You're fine. 8A will put you right at the Dig Site pool, which is spectacular, and immediately adjacent to the arcade. Siestas (pool bar) offers food and drink refills and has long hours.

Casitas 4 has the quiet pool, but it's boring compared to the Dig Site. You're also further from food.

Bldg 8A is the other end of the Cabanas section from whatever they're going to do to Bldg 9B. You're fine. 8A will put you right at the Dig Site pool, which is spectacular, and immediately adjacent to the arcade. Siestas (pool bar) offers food and drink refills and has long hours.

Casitas 4 has the quiet pool, but it's boring compared to the Dig Site. You're also further from food.

Thank you, that's super helpful. Cabana 8A sounds perfect!

We're booked in a standard room in late June through the first week of July. I've heard that the rooms are being refurbished. Any thoughts on if this will impact our stay? I'm thinking that we'll be alright seeing as we'll be spending a majority of time in the parks. Is there a section or building that we should request or one we should avoid?

Since Coronado just began its regular hard goods renovation, that means that your room had not been renovated for 6 to 7 years. That's the standard period between hard goods renovations, including at the Epcot resorts. I would find it hard to believe that in 30 years you never had anything but brand-new looking rooms on property, considering both the beating that every on-property resort room takes from children, who make up the majority of Disney resort guests, and the fact that the Disney Crescent Lake resorts are in the middle of their hard goods refurbishment. Beach Club completed it's hard goods renovation last year. Yacht Club's hard goods renovation is ongoing. Both of those resorts had not seen a hard goods renovation for the same period as Coronado. So while I understand your room didn't look like new (on one of our stays we had a wonky mattress as well), the room refurbishment schedule that you're complaining about is one that you've experienced for years at other Disney resorts.

In fact, in August, before we canceled our Yacht Club reservation to stay at Coronado, numerous people were complaining in the Yacht Club thread here about the pre-renovation state of the rooms. Since you knew the renovation at Coronado had just begun, I'm not sure how you can complain that your room looked like it had not been renovated. What did you expect? And if your room was so bad, which the resort threads here evidence happens at all on property resorts from time to time, why didn't you ask for your room to be changed? I've read similar "awful room" complaints in every resort thread here, and they are always one-off situations. Unless Coronado was full, there was doubtlessly a much better room that you could easily have been changed to.

I also don't understand why you're complaining that there wasn't a privacy curtain between the vanity area and the room. There wouldn't have been one in the first place; Coronado doesn't use privacy curtains. The rooms have large wooden sliding doors that block out all light and sound between the vanity area and the sleeping area, with the exception of the accessible King rooms that have a bathroom and vanity layout that makes one side of the wall too small to install the sliding doors. My guess is you were in a King accessible room. You would have known that if you had asked a cast member at the front desk. Why you decided to accept a room you clearly didn't like and not address the issue with the front desk is beyond me. You should have. Most likely, you would have been moved to a better room more to your liking, or your folio would have been comped for a night of your room rate.

As far as water being on the floor in an accessible bathroom with a roll in shower...I can't. I just can't.

Last edited:
Is there a convention list available for this year? Just curious about how busy the resort will be in early March.

We stayed in December and will be staying again in mid March. Our room had an issue with the carpet which was wet near the bathroom causing a mildew smell. I called the front desk and spoke to someone who switched us to a different room immediately even though in December we were booked through my daughters cheer team. They were more than helpful so I can't imagine that if someone has an issue or is less than satisfied they wouldn't be willing to work something out. It's vacation after all, let's try and see the good in things!!

Another thing I was wondering about is whether most rooms have carpets? I've seen a few different photos and some did and others had laminate. Does anyone know if there are any rooms in the Cabanas area that are carpet-free? We would really prefer that for the sake of allergies.

We're booked in a standard room in late June through the first week of July. I've heard that the rooms are being refurbished. Any thoughts on if this will impact our stay? I'm thinking that we'll be alright seeing as we'll be spending a majority of time in the parks. Is there a section or building that we should request or one we should avoid?

I don't believe there will be a huge impact to you. They'll close off a section at a time. I believe they keep it to around 9 am to 5 pm. You may see some fencing or fellows going around but I don't consider that terribly disruptive, others may have differing opinion of course. They're starting in Ranchos first, as far as I have read. By then, who knows how much progress they'll have made. I would request being near whichever amenity you like best. Since El Centro and the Pool are basically on opposite sides, you may be further from one than the other. But it's not that far of a hike from the furthest points, half a mile at most which is very scenic.

Another thing I was wondering about is whether most rooms have carpets? I've seen a few different photos and some did and others had laminate. Does anyone know if there are any rooms in the Cabanas area that are carpet-free? We would really prefer that for the sake of allergies.

I haven't seen anything about the old rooms having any laminate, but the refurbished rooms will be carpet-free. There are a couple of test rooms out there so you could request and just see if you get lucky. You could also call and ask for an allergy deep cleaning. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter