Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. Know that the pool bar also does breakfast and mug refills, and serves food throughout the day, so that's some very useful proximity!

Now that sounds like heaven!!! :)

I never bothered to pay for a "view" at moderates either--THEN we did a last minute trip a couple years ago and the only rooms available at CSR (at our discount rate) were the water view. We got a room in Casitas 4 and I have to say that I really did appreciate that the first thing we saw as we walked out of our room was a gorgeous view of the lake! Also, at night the Star Wars fireworks set off and it was perfect to just step outside the door and watch. :)

That sounds really nice!!!

I was in Cabanas my last trip (I think it was like 8B, it was right next to the quiet pool) and thought the location was great. My view was the parking lot but I never even open the shades when I'm in a moderate so that was no big deal. I don't pay for a view anywhere I stay, even the deluxe resorts but especially in the moderate resorts nor do I pay for preferred in the moderate. I found CSR to not be any bigger than any of the other moderate resorts, I got up every morning and walked the resort and had to do a double lap to get a half hour in. It's real close to Epcot and HS, the bus ride can't be more than 5 min. if that. I'm actually doing a split stay with CSR and BWI, both of which are under renovations but I've stayed at other resorts under renovations before and never even really noticed it.

If I have a balcony <and I lovvvvvve a balcony!> I don't mind paying for a few - well, paying a little more. :) I've never stayed at a moderate but we've stayed at other resorts in Virginia and Maryland and you had to walk to get places - it's just how it was. Really, it's why we were there - to not feel crowded and on top of one another. I am so looking forward to this.

I just set up our magic bands and downloaded the my experience app - this is all new to me! So exciting, after such a long time away!

Wow, just an informative thread! We're looking forward to our stay at CSR in a few weeks!

I love the look of the new rooms. The long desk does seem to look a little odd though, but love the rest of it.
That's the part i don't like. It looks very out of place like something that belongs in a break room at work. The other upgrades are ok.

We have a BC room booked from 4/30-5/7 2017. I know that they are doing away with BC rooms. Has anyone with BC reservations been contacted past March of 2017 that they were being moved to AKL club level. If they are starting construction/renovations in Cabanas 9b now, I highly doubt it would be completed by 4/30 anyhow. Also I've read that people were contacted by their travel agents that they were being upgraded to AKL club level but has anyone with reservations through Disney gotten notified and if so was it an email, letter or call? I called the Resort directly and they told me to call back at the end of February beginning of March and they would have more information. I appreciate and information anyone might have. Thanks![/QUOTz

We are also booked for April 15-22 BC and havent heard a thing. I called tonight - spent 25 minutes on hold and no one knows anything. Reservations contacted the resort and they said someone would be contacting me soon -- but didnt know what soon meant.

Totally. It usually goes (unfairly mind you) like this. Coronado?! Never. Conference guests. Middle of nowhere. No one likes Maya Grill. It's not Riverside.

Then you get there, and once you pick your jaw off the ground, your inner dialogue becomes… Coronado?! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Shhhh!!!! Quit telling our secret, lol!!!

Still you are so right! I love the grounds, the central location, and Maya Grill is awesome-love the guitar player there. We've always had the best luck with buses there also, much better than the time we stayed at POR.

Today I had to change our March trip to May due to work. Hate that I have to wait a little longer, but at least we still get to go!! Can't wait!

Shhhh!!!! Quit telling our secret, lol!!!

Still you are so right! I love the grounds, the central location, and Maya Grill is awesome-love the guitar player there. We've always had the best luck with buses there also, much better than the time we stayed at POR.

Today I had to change our March trip to May due to work. Hate that I have to wait a little longer, but at least we still get to go!! Can't wait!

My partner and I had talked about maybe doing the Contemporary on our next trip, because it reminds us in spirit (not looks!) of the Disneyland Hotel. Then I got home and started thinking...what would we do for romantic, quiet evening walks? There's no Lago Dorado to stroll around at the Contemporary. That one thought and the Contemporary evaporated in my mind. Coronado gets into your heart like that.

Last edited:
My partner and I had talked about maybe doing the Contemporatry on our next trip, because it reminds us in spirit (not looks!) of the Disneyland Hotel. Then I got home and started thinking...what would we do for romantic, quiet evening walks? There's no Lago Dorado to stroll around at the Contemporary. That one thought and the Contemporary evaporated in my mind. Coronado gets into your heart like that.

That is so sweet!

Has anyone tried Las Ventanas? I don't see it mentioned much in this thread. We ate there twice (B+L) on our last trip and loved it! Just wondering what everyone else's opinions are.

Has anyone tried Las Ventanas? I don't see it mentioned much in this thread. We ate there twice (B+L) on our last trip and loved it! Just wondering what everyone else's opinions are.
I'm so glad to see this! We stayed at CSR for 5 nights a couple years ago, but didn't eat at Las Ventanas--we were usually in a park at meals times. For our upcoming trip, there are a few times where we will probably want to eat breakfast at the resort so I was wondering about it. Do you typically need a reservation? One of the times I was considering eating there was our arrival morning; Our plane lands at 8:00 am...figure about 1hr-1.5 hr to the resort (via Magical Express)... but since the time is not certain, I didn't want to risk an ADR.

I'm so glad to see this! We stayed at CSR for 5 nights a couple years ago, but didn't eat at Las Ventanas--we were usually in a park at meals times. For our upcoming trip, there are a few times where we will probably want to eat breakfast at the resort so I was wondering about it. Do you typically need a reservation? One of the times I was considering eating there was our arrival morning; Our plane lands at 8:00 am...figure about 1hr-1.5 hr to the resort (via Magical Express)... but since the time is not certain, I didn't want to risk an ADR.

I made a reservation for breakfast on our departure day. We were ready over an hour earlier and they were happy to take us. I bet they probably do mostly walk-in traffic. You could always make it for a few hours after your flight lands and then show up when you get there. Keep in mind if there's a convention they might rent out that space for the guests, that happened at least once in the evening while we were there.

We did not have reservations for either of our meals and they sat us immediately. I would estimate there are about 20 tables in the whole restaurant and only 4 or 5 were taken both times we were there. As PP mentioned, this could vary depending on whether or not there is a convention happening at the time you are there.
The food there was very good, the portions were generous and the best part is the prices for entrees are only a few dollars more than Pepper Market quick service. Enjoy!!!

What are the pool hours this time of year? I read a thread a week or so ago about pools closing at 8. When we were there in the past in Jan/feb it was 10 or 11. Minus a couple really cold days one jan where they closed them at around sunset which was understandable.

Just curious as we are thinking about a trip next January. With the parks closing around 8 this year and the pools too, I don't know if I'll spend the extra to stay mod over value. Not being able to take a swim (or dip in the hot tub) would annoy me, especially at 830/9.

It would be our first moderate stay although we have stayed CR a couple times but haven't used the pool there either. I know the resort as a whole would be better but with lesser hours we probably won't be around he room much.

Where can I view pictures of the remodel being done to CSR? I am probably one of the only people without Facebook so unfortunately that's not an option for me if they are posted there. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter