DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case it was overlooked -

Originally posted by Liv2CdWorld
On our next trip DH would like to try CR. If we do, it'll definately be a tower room.

I have a few questions:

1. Did I read a post right that the Tower has no laundry facilities?

2. Room colors - does anyone have any other pictures that I can look at? I've been to Deb Wills site and some others. I must say that the room colors have me concerned. I saw one pic that showed the room as white/black/grey, and I saw another room pic (same as pic above).

3. Does the noise from the monorail/chef mickeys travel to your room?

Thanks in advance!

If the questions weren't already answered:
Laundry facilities are in the North and South wings, second floor, none are in the tower. I usually do laundry when we are at the pool-they are just a couple minutes away from the pool:D

The colors in the rooms we have stayed in have been the purple multi-it's actually kind of cool:D the bathrooms are black and gold

You may hear a little sound from the concourse, but we weren't bothered by it. It was very muffled. Didn't notice the momorail sounds at all.

we're staying in the CR tower again next April-it is definitely 'Magical" for us!!

Janet2k - Thanks for the great photo's!

Would you recommend 12th floor? Have you stayed 14th floor? I've heard mixed reviews.

Anyhow, I'm still bummed due to the fact that you have to go to the North/South wings to do laundry (yes, I do laundry on vacation) :) . We usually only pack enough for 4 days so I have to do laundry in the middle of the trip.

I love the Contemporary resort. We stayed there for the first time this summer. We were on the 12th floor and it was wonderful! I will be staying there again and again.

Liv2CdWorld, I would recommend the 12th floor even though it has limited concierge lounge hours. I found the staff on the 12th floor to be most gracious and kind. I had reservations this month for the 14th floor but had to cancel them due to my son's college schedule. I was looking forward to trying the 14th floor for the first time as I had heard that the concierge staff up there was excellent, too. Hopefully, at some point in the future, I'll get to stay at the Contemporary Resort again, be it in the tower or in the wings. I really enjoyed my stay there, especially hanging out at the swimming pool with my young daughter at all hours of the day and night (we love midnight swims).

Dreamflight99, how dare you post in here without giving a link to your photos. ;) Please, please, if you have photos of your CR suite, post the link here for all to view (hint hint!).

Ooooo, I am getting so excited for our trip now! (not that I wasn't already as excited as DD4- ha! :bounce: )

Thanks for the great pictures, Janet2k, and the great visuals dreamflight!!

I am bummed as well to hear that there are no laundry facilities in the tower, but running over to the wing while we are at the pool won't be bad. Our trip is a total of 2 full weeks (although only 9 days/8nights will be at Disney) and I don't want to pack that many clothes, so I plan to do laundry at some point. We will be at the Contemporary at the very start of our trip, though, so I guess I won't necessarily need to do laundry there. Hmm...

Off to check our packing list/list of stuff we still need to buy... :D
Leslie

fantastic thread deserving a bump ! any suggestions of which north garden wing room numbers to request for a mk view?

What does a CR tower room typically go for with the AP rate? We would love to stay at the Contemporary for our next trip but the wing rooms are sold out. They did have a tower room available but I have no idea what they typically sell for at the AP rate. Thanks!

We stayed at the CR in April in the tower and had a blast. My sister and her family are going in December and are staying in a wing. I was wondering if they park in the main parking area or is there parking by the wings also. I was trying to figure out it they have bellmen over there to help with the luggage or are they responsible for unloading their things. Any info. would be appreciated.:cool: :cool: :cool:

We are staying at the CR on our first family trip to Disney from Jan. 1st - 3rd. Convenience to MK was the major selling point. We have a standard view wing room booked through Disney with AAA discount for $226.50 per night.

1) Does anyone know if AP rates are available for Jan. 2004 yet? If so, any idea what they are going for? If not, any idea when they are typically released? Any suggestions for ways to obtain a cheaper rate than the one I already reserved?

2) We've already requested a North Wing room, but if we want to be as close to the main building while still maintaing our standard view rate, any idea what room numbers fall into that range? Can you still see MK with a standard view room?

3) Can an adult accompany a child down the water slide? My son will be 3 1/2 at that time and I'm not sure if I want him to go down the slide alone (even with a life vest)? Is the pool heated in January?

4) We are planning on having dinner at Chef Mickey's (don't want to waste precious morning MK time at breakfast). Are ressies typically easier to get for dinner? Anyone care to comment on quality of dinner food?

5) I understand that the monorail goes from CR to Poly, then to GF before hitting MK. How long does the trip take and is it faster just walking to MK?

6) Are there elevators in the wing buildings? I don't want to have to carry a double stroller up and down stairs!

Would also like to know if there are Elevators in the North Garden Wing. My husband is disabled (Retired USAF) and it's a must.
Thanks!

Is the 14th Floor Concierge worth $540 per night in June? I can't believe I am actually considering this. I will be traveling with 3 children ages 4, 5 and 8 without my husband. My Mom and Dad will be camping at Fort Wilderness. I love the idea of the having the monorail so close, the security of the 14th floor, snacks available from morning to night and a concierge available. Am I crazy? Do you think a discounted rate will come up? Am I crazy? Am I crazy? Am I crazy?

golfmaven-

We were there in April and stayed in the tower, but went to the wing to do laundry. There are elevators in the wings- I had to get on one because the laundry was on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

They wont let you go down the slide with your child, but you can walk up with him and send him down to your husband. My husband and I did this with our 4 year old DD. She only went down once though. The force of the slide was not to her liking. It is not a huge slide, but to a small child I guess it is. She went under the water at the end and didnt like it one bit. She opted for your basic swim and to be in the hot tub when we were in it. I believe all of Disneys pools are heated, but dont know the temps.

Not sure about the numbers for the wing rooms since we did not stay in them.

We did not eat at Chef Mickeys, but did eat at the Concourse Steakhouse and if the food comes from the same kitchen it will be great. We really enjoyed the meal we had there.

We never walked to the MK. Our kids enjoyed the monorail too much to do that and we had plenty of walking during the day. The ride didnt take very long. I never timed it, but I would say 10 mins or so.

I would keep checking mousesavers and these boards for any new discounts that might be available and you could always change from AAA to another one if a better one comes up.

Hope you have a great time- :D :D :D :D :D

Our family will be staying at the CR in October. Do we need reservations for meals at Chef Mickey? Seems like they should honor guests of the resort but I'm not sure. We'd really hate making reservations for breakfast - who knows what time we'll be ready to walk out the door!

I always make reservations. I inquire when I get there, or call from the room. You could go downstairs and wait in the waiting area, I do believe however that they go with those with the P.S. first. I would do the P.S. just to be sure.

My husband and I stayed there for our (very short) first honeymoon (had to get one in before he left for the war). We booked through Shades of Green, and the note that it was our honeymoon on the reservation must have worked, because we got one of the corner rooms at the very end of the North Garden Wing (they are set up just a little differently than the regular rooms, I think, because you enter from the side.) So we had the sliding glass door, and then another window over the drawers that held the TV. We could see Space Mountain from our window (which excited DH to no end). Very cool. We made a habit of sitting out on the "balcony" (we were on the first floor) and watching the fireworks.

It was a great room, but we "paid" for it with our hike to the monorail every morning. WOW, that was far.

We had the sink/vanity in the little room with the toilet, by the way.

Every CM we came in contact with was wonderful. We received balloons, a Mickey frame, and a photograph autographed by the characters the first night we were there for our honeymoon. Chef Mickey's was great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter