DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cali,

You know what my favorite part is. When we first entered the room and I went straight for the balcony. There is was....Cinderella's castle. So close I could taste it;) We were on the 12th floor, room 4848 all the way at the end closest to the MK. If I could have found a way to get the bed out onto the balcony, I would have slept there:D

I still can't decide what was more beautiful, the view at night with the castle changing colors, all the rides lit up and the fireworks going off.......or just as the sun was coming up, with the fog and mist slowly fading away to reveal the splendor that is the MK and the train whistling good morning.

In case you didn't already know, the amazing views are my favorite part of staying at the CR.

I am returning to the Contemporary for the first time as a parent. Does anyone know what kind of crib I can expect to get? I hope it is a nice one and not a vinyl pak-n-play. How about a kiddie pool. Is there still one there? I don't see it listed on any maps of the resort.
Thanks all

Does anyone have info on the Jr. suite at the Wing buildings. A floor plan? how many does it sleep? cooking facilities? Any info would be helpful.

Originally posted by wdwnut61
Cali,

You know what my favorite part is. When we first entered the room and I went straight for the balcony. There is was....Cinderella's castle. So close I could taste it;) We were on the 12th floor, room 4848 all the way at the end closest to the MK. If I could have found a way to get the bed out onto the balcony, I would have slept there:D

I still can't decide what was more beautiful, the view at night with the castle changing colors, all the rides lit up and the fireworks going off.......or just as the sun was coming up, with the fog and mist slowly fading away to reveal the splendor that is the MK and the train whistling good morning.

In case you didn't already know, the amazing views are my favorite part of staying at the CR.

ooohhh ! I have goosebumps ! I just cant wait ! I have a garden view wing room. I have requested north garden view with view of magic kingdom. Is there a suggestion of what room I could request? I know they arent guarenteed but I'm sure it wouldnt hurt !

wdwnut61-- was your wonderful view in a normal Tower room or were you in the Tower Club/concierge???? This is my absolute ideal view for a return trip to the Contemporary in the future. We stayed in a North Wing room overlooking the marina, but I feel you just need to stay in the tower to get the overall feel of the place. Thanks!

mariamouse :D

mariamouse,

We were on the Tower Club floor, 12th floor. However, I think any of the floors on the MK side would have a spectular view of the MK. The higher the floor, the better the view but the CR is so close the the MK. Just request MK side and you'll be in heaven, especially if this will be your first time in the tower.

Another amazing feature of staying in the Tower is coming out of your room and looking down at the monorail as it passes through. The grand concourse with all the shops and Chef Mickeys, it just a magical sight to see:D

Oh, the view from the room! I just went thru the pictures, it was something! ;) Maybe I should schedule a few nights on the Tower Club again. :)

Tic toc tic toc... the clock keeps ticking away to our Aug 27th arrival at the CR. I'm crossing my fingers for a castle view. :)

My family plans to stay at the Contemporary for our upcoming vacation.

Grandma uses a wheelchair and we are curious as to where in the Contemporary we should get rooms so it is close to entrances, elevators, etc. I am not anxious to spend a lot of time to get from our rooms to the monorail, etc. We really need easy access.

Suggestions?

thanks.

On our next trip DH would like to try CR. If we do, it'll definately be a tower room.

I have a few questions:

1. Did I read a post right that the Tower has no laundry facilities?

2. Room colors - does anyone have any other pictures that I can look at? I've been to Deb Wills site and some others. I must say that the room colors have me concerned. I saw one pic that showed the room as white/black/grey, and I saw another room pic (same as pic above).

3. Does the noise from the monorail/chef mickeys travel to your room?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for posting this thread with all the wonderful info!

We are staying at the Contemporary for the first 4 nights of our upcoming trip (our first time at CR and actually our first WDW trip together) and we cannot wait.

I am expecting my favorite CR feature to be the easy monorail access for getting to MK and Epcot, but we have requested a MK view (staying in a Tower room), so maybe that will change once we're there. :D

I do have a question (Have looked for the answer but have not found it anywhere...could have easily missed it, though): Does anyone know if children are allowed to wear 'water wings' or other floatation/assistance devices in the pool at CR (or at any resort for that matter; we'll be at CBR for the rest of our stay). Our DD is 4 and very comfortable in the water, has recently started swimming on her own, etc., but I just wanted to know whether we'll have the option to put her wings on her if she wants. Thanks in advance if anyone knows!! :D

Leslie

KaityBsMom,

My youngest DD has always worn the life jackets they offer at each of the WDW resorts. I wouldn't see why water wings etc. would be any different. They are much smaller than the vests. You should be fine:D

The vests they offer come in many sizes to fit even the little ones and they are great. My DD can go down any of the slides without fear. She pops right back up, makes her feel safe and DH and I less frantic while shes in the pool;) The best part is they are free.

Have a wonderful time, you will love the CR:D

Thanks wdwnut!!

I didn't even think about them providing life vests. I love that idea. I think that's what we'll do. DD is very excited about going down the water slide and you know I'll feel much better with her using something like that. ;)

Thanks again and thanks for the welcome! :D

KaityBsmom,

We brought water wings for our (then) 3yo DD. We had no problems with the lifeguards and her use of the wings. They do provide life jackets as well. You or your DH can stand at the bottom of the waterslide to catch your DD. I do not think that you can slide down with her though. I may be wrong about this, I am not sure if I am confussing the CP with another resort we stayewd at?? My DD favorite part of the trip was the water slide at the CR. Go figure!! Have fun!! Welcome to the DIS!!

DD had no problem with her vest on the slides. She's used them at the CR, AKL, BWI and the WL. She had plenty of room.:D

Thanks Cali for the hard work done on this thread. My family LOVES the CR!! We have stayed there 3 times and have never had a bad moment. Some people say it does not exude the Disney Magic but it is very magical in my book.
I had one thing to point out about the room plans offered early in the site. The rooms we have always stayed in were a double queen with daybed but the bath area has always had 2 sinks and the counter in the toilet area has never had a sink, it is just a counter, I guess to be used as a make-up area. Also, I have always wondered what the Junior suite plan looked like, does anyone have one to offer? And are they located in both the Tower and Wings or just one area of the resort.
Our next trip we will be bringing more family and I want to check out all possibilties at the CR before having to think about staying at a DVC villa.
:D :D :D :smooth:

Were you in a wing room then? As far as I know, all tower rooms follow that setup, and the wing rooms have the double sinks and the sinkless vanity. :)

Yes, we were in the wing rooms. I didn't realize the tower rooms were set up differently. Did anyone come up with the plans for the junior suites and where they are located?
:)

Junior suites are in the wing, and have a king & sleeper. They are where the wings bend, so they might be almost twice as big as regular rooms. That's about all I know about them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter