DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear my husband lives for stickey mickey's! I really love the Concourse Steakhouse for breakfast (we have breakfast there a few times per vacation) and dinner is yummy too. ::MickeyMo

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS

BUMP!!!

By the way anyone have good rm # for the Tower or a favorite floor

we were on the 11th floor, last room on the left facing the MK on our trip in July, and it was great!!!

we are checking in at the tower club level on 12 /24
i know this is a light concierge,would anyone know if
there is soda and bottled water throughout the day
or just water?

tinksgirl-last year we had both soda, water and jucies all day. Anytime we called for anything, we received it. They often left water and juices in our room. Upon returning from the parks we had snacks in the room along with water, soda and juice. They were extremely accomodating and very helpful. I didn't care that it was light, it was perfect for our family. I think you will enjoy it, especially if you aren't expecting full fare.

Originally posted by sm4987

last year we had both soda, water and jucies all day. Anytime we called for anything, we received it. They often left water and juices in our room. Upon returning from the parks we had snacks in the room along with water, soda and juice.

Is there a lounge for snacks or do you call and they bring it to you. What kind of snacks. Is there a breakfast too?

yes they do have a lounge. It is nice and comfortable. We would go out and get our breakfast and bring it back to the room. One afternoon, we made it back in time for snacks, and there were cookies and browines and bags of chips/popcorn sitting out. Plus water/juices and sodas. When we went into the room, there was a tray of snacks plus water and juices for the kids. One night we were kinda hungry and called for service, they brought us all kind of snacks to our room and it was after 4:00. I think the service was excellent and all of our needs were always met.

Also if you want turndown service, I did find that we had to request it up front. However, once we did call for the service, they came every night of our stay. They did everything so wonderfully. I really think that you will enjoy your stay.

sm4987-Thanks for the reply. like you i just like having the breakfast and water coffee soda there.we have stayed concierge
at the poly many times but the cr is an old love of mine
staying many times as a child.my teens spent most of our august trip to the poly at the cr so it is time we stay there again.
i do have a question about check in is there a seperate
check in for the 12 floor or is it the main check in?

Yes they do have separate check-in. I think that the main difference betweent he 12th and 14th is the food offerings, turn down service and how late the desks stay open. But, I don't mind any of that. The funny thing is night or day, anytime we needed something, they did it. I remember calling at 7:00 p.m. trying to make a reservation at one of the restaurants. They made the reservations for us anyways even if they were closed. I believe they just gave us the 14th floor, and we were still treated with everything we needed.

SM4987, were you on the 12th or the 14th floor? We just stayed on the 12th and there was no soda in the afternoons nor was there snacks and juice in our rooms. We did get turn down service even though we didn't ask and we were told by the conceirge staff that although they leave at 4:00 PM, they are available for us anytime, just to call.

SM4987 THANKS FOR THAT INFO i MIGHT LOOK INTO the 12th floor. and...If I understand correctly the snacks were brought to you room per your request

LoriZH - we were on the 12th floor. They had soda while we were there and that was this past May/June. They also had juices available. maybe we had great service, but that was what was there.

bell.of.the.ball- The first day there, we requested snacks and they were in our room. After that, everyday when we returned, there was always something in our room. Our kids were delighted, and it was great to have something to take back into the parks.

Now I know that everyone has different experiences, and this was ours. I remember reading how everyone hated the 12th floor, but we found it to be great. I will say,, just ask, and there is no telling what you might receive.

My fiance and I are going to WDW for our honeymoon, May 10 -20 and staying at CR. We booked for a garden view room and requested the north wing. Any suggestions on room numbers? Do any of the north wing rooms have a view of MK? Thanks for your help!

We're staying 12th floor concierge in a few days and I can hardly wait!!!!!:tongue: Any recent reviews would be greatly appreciated! Also hoping for some magical odds that I might possibly get a complimentary upgrade to the 14th!!--You never know:teeth:

princess crazy- i will have to wait for you
to post a report,our adventure at the
12th floor doesnt start until christmas eve.
i have stayed in the tower before but not the
club level we have been staying at the poly
concierge,it will be fun trying something new.
have a great trip and post when you return!

tinksgirl--

We've stayed at the CR 12th floor a few years ago. We got a complimentary upgrade and just to warn you once you try concierge you never want to go back. You probably know that but our stay there was the best!! It's so nice to be able to just walk a few steps out of your room for breakfast and the walk and convience to MK can't be beat. We won't stay anywhere else because of that--I can hardly wait--we have a sleigh ride for the first night there at WL and then MVMCP one night and a Illuminations Cruise too--so this trip is sure to be extra special---now just praying for great weather!! I'll try to post when I get back and I'll tell them at the CR 12th floor to leave some pixie dust for you. Have a great trip and Holiday!;)

princess crazy- I agree with you about concierge level.
We got hooked on the poly concierge about 2 years ago.
it really pays off for a family of 5 just the breakfast water soda
and coffee makes it so much easier.I have always gotten an
ap rate that also helps because the concierge addiction is
hard to break!!!.on our august trip at the poly we kept looking
at the contemporary tower saying we should go back sometime,our 17 and 14 year old spent most of their time there.
after returning home i started to plan a christmas trip looking
into the poly of course.I ended up with contemporary tower
club level christmas eve for 6 nights at 299. a night including
tax.im so happy we are trying something new i just hope
dh doesnt look across the lake and wish we were at the poly!!
sorry to ramble on have a great time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest