Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I heard a rumor that IPO was no longer doing any actual planning, and was instructing people to contact Disney directly. This was not a happy moment for me, since we are travelling with three other families and the other folks in particular need ADR and planning assistance.

It's not a rumor, IPO is gone gone gone (since maybe October or November of last year). They claimed something new was coming in 2017, but no information on it yet.

Hello all! DH and I currently have a reservation booked for a deluxe CL room at BWI this May for our anniversary. I'm considering switching to the garden cottages and welcome opinions on both. We've stayed at the BW several times before but only on the villa side. The cottages look very pretty, but I wasn't sure how far they are from the lounge. Thanks! :)
We just got back from staying in a cottage. We didn't find the walk too bad at all. We enjoyed the convenience to the quiet pool--just steps from our room.

I don't want to start a new thread which would probably be combined with this one anyway, so I hope there are folks who will share their opinions with me.

Planning an 8 night trip in November 2017. Willing to splurge on club level deluxe room with either a Boardwalk or lagoon/pool view. (It's my partner's and my 25th anniversary.) All things being equal would you prefer to stay at the Boardwalk Inn/Yacht Club/or Beach Club? Please give me your opinions/advice based on the club area/lounge/food and beverage offerings alone rather than resort theming or proximity to the parks as that doesn't really matter to us as we have no children and have no mobility/health issues. Thanks so much!

I don't want to start a new thread which would probably be combined with this one anyway, so I hope there are folks who will share their opinions with me.

Planning an 8 night trip in November 2017. Willing to splurge on club level deluxe room with either a Boardwalk or lagoon/pool view. (It's my partner's and my 25th anniversary.) All things being equal would you prefer to stay at the Boardwalk Inn/Yacht Club/or Beach Club? Please give me your opinions/advice based on the club area/lounge/food and beverage offerings alone rather than resort theming or proximity to the parks as that doesn't really matter to us as we have no children and have no mobility/health issues. Thanks so much!

We have stayed in regular club level rooms at all 3 resorts. Our favorite by far is the Yacht Club. We book waterview rooms & think the views are beautiful. You will either look out at the lighthouse or the Stormalong Bay pool. We don't think the rooms over the pool are noisy, but some people do. Noise has never interfered with afternoon naps, lol!

We are very early 60's, just the 2 of us traveling. Many people rave about the staff at the BWI, but we did not care for the staff or lounge very much. We found many of them rather loud & unprofessional. However, we are not the type of people who want or need a lot of attention. We don't care if the staff knows our name or remembers us. And no kids that we want staff paying attention to. We are fine with a quick smile & hello as we get off the elevator. I prefer to take care of our ADRs etc, so we don't normally need any assistance while there.

As far as food offerings, YC & BC have basically the same things. Apparently the BWI had a chef in the lounge & upgraded offerings recently. Might want to look back a few pages for some reports on that.

We do find YC a little quieter than the BC with a more tranquil feeling in the lobby & lounge. The YC gets picked up first on the bus route, & there are less rooms so less people waiting at the bus stop. BC rooms were redone in late 2015. YC's renovation is just getting underway, so hopefully they will be done by November.

Good luck with your decision. Have a great vacation!

Hey GADisneyDad! Did you see any AP rates on BC? Thanks!:dance3:

BC appears to be 25% off with AP discount. AKL is 35% off. And I'm thrilled to see GF at 30% off - I was only expecting 25% off since the GP discount is 20%.

Looks like AP discount may be 10% better than GP discount across the board. Every time I think I might not renew my AP, things like this happen - lol.

We got YC at 35% off in May. Might be worth it if you are willing to stay there instead of BC. I saved 5% over my bounceback rate.

We have stayed in regular club level rooms at all 3 resorts. Our favorite by far is the Yacht Club. We book waterview rooms & think the views are beautiful. You will either look out at the lighthouse or the Stormalong Bay pool. We don't think the rooms over the pool are noisy, but some people do. Noise has never interfered with afternoon naps, lol!

We are very early 60's, just the 2 of us traveling. Many people rave about the staff at the BWI, but we did not care for the staff or lounge very much. We found many of them rather loud & unprofessional. However, we are not the type of people who want or need a lot of attention. We don't care if the staff knows our name or remembers us. And no kids that we want staff paying attention to. We are fine with a quick smile & hello as we get off the elevator. I prefer to take care of our ADRs etc, so we don't normally need any assistance while there.

As far as food offerings, YC & BC have basically the same things. Apparently the BWI had a chef in the lounge & upgraded offerings recently. Might want to look back a few pages for some reports on that.

We do find YC a little quieter than the BC with a more tranquil feeling in the lobby & lounge. The YC gets picked up first on the bus route, & there are less rooms so less people waiting at the bus stop. BC rooms were redone in late 2015. YC's renovation is just getting underway, so hopefully they will be done by November.

Good luck with your decision. Have a great vacation!

Thanks so much! Reading your description, you both sound very much like my boyfriend and me. Very low maintenance club levelers! We are leaning toward Beach Club due to the recent renovation (we have stayed at all three resorts often but not all three club levels). We'll probably make a final decision within the week!

Hi, all! Quick question about wine offered at the different lounges. I exclusively drink white wine. I am not overly particular about the brand, but I really do not like chardonnay. Last May we stayed a week at Poly CL and the only white wine they offer is chardonnay. Our stay was AMAZING but I really hated the wine lol! We are looking to book at either WL, YC, or BW CL for our stay this coming memorial day week. Does anyone know what type of wines are served at those resorts?

Also, anyone have an opinion on which of those three resorts they would pick? We will be there last week of may into first week of June and we are having a really hard time deciding! Pros and Cons either way would be helpful! We are traveling with our two kids ages 4 and 2. TIA!!!

Hi everyone! We are staying at the Poly CL in a few weeks. I have heard the Ohana room service is really good, but I can imagine that trying to eat in a room with 5 people would be a little cramped. Would the lounge allow you to bring your room service food into the lounge to eat? I can't find anything stating that they wouldn't allow that. But wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon. We were also thinking about ordering a cake from the Disney bakery for our daughters birthday that week. Same question - would there be any issues using the lounge to cut/eat the cake? Thanks for any input you might have!

I have never stayed at Poly, but I do know at AKL CL in December there was a party of maybe 8 adults eating room service and having wine during appetizer service. It did not seem to be discouraged, as the staff kept the wine glasses coming. Again, I don't know if space is more of an issue at Poly, but I would think it would be fine.

Thanks so much! Reading your description, you both sound very much like my boyfriend and me. Very low maintenance club levelers! We are leaning toward Beach Club due to the recent renovation (we have stayed at all three resorts often but not all three club levels). We'll probably make a final decision within the week!

Welcome! You might want to check out the Yacht & Beach Club thread. There are a few pictures on page 761 of a remodeled room. No one knows the time frame for remodel yet, but apparently they are beginning any minute if they haven't already. So by November, the resort might be all done & you can have an even "fresher" room. Regular posters there keep us informed on resort info & Dee does a wonderful job keeping the first page up to date. You can always book BC now & possibly switch to YC later if you like the remodel.

Edit to add: page 742 has a link to a Facebook page with other pictures.

Last edited:

First, kids or no, proximity/convenience/theming are always part of my opinions on resorts. Children or no, I still gotta get from point A to point B, even if I'm just walking from my room to the lounge. For me, I'll take a less themed hotel over one that is huge and sprawling.

Second, we've tried all the resorts, and IMO, the food offerings at all of them are rather similar, yet they also change over time. The changes we've seen in individual lounges over time, have differed more than what we see between most lounges. So I could mention Greek yogurt or grapes being in a certain lounge, but that doesn't mean you'll have Greek yogurt or grapes when you go.

Third, BC and YC are really just two halves of the same resort. They each have their own lounge, but the central kitchen and the main pool are the same. the main difference we saw was the two things you don't care about: room décor (theming) and where they are located relative to Epcot/HS and the amenities located within the resort. Those differences kind of cancel each other out.

My last stay at the BWK was before the most recent hotel updates, but the things we didn't love about it probably didn't change.

So where you might want to look is the availability and pricing of each option for the dates you want. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Of the three you list, BC is our favorite. (staff++) YC tends to have less kids, if that matters to you. The BWK has a relatively deep main pool, but the BC/YC pool is among the best at WDW.

Hi everyone! We are staying at the Poly CL in a few weeks. I have heard the Ohana room service is really good, but I can imagine that trying to eat in a room with 5 people would be a little cramped. Would the lounge allow you to bring your room service food into the lounge to eat? I can't find anything stating that they wouldn't allow that. But wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon. We were also thinking about ordering a cake from the Disney bakery for our daughters birthday that week. Same question - would there be any issues using the lounge to cut/eat the cake? Thanks for any input you might have!
Technically, I've only stayed at Poly CL one time.

In one sense, I don't think I have seen what you describe, but not because it is outlawed. The benefit of room service is that you don't leave your room. IMO, if you are bringing the food to any other place, it generally doesn't make sense to pay for room service delivery.

A number of times, I have seen folks eating food from the assorted Quick service restaurants in the lounges. I've even done it myself a few times at lunch, especially when free QS tables are in short supply.

Also know, the food offerings in the lounges, and those in the restaurants have a good deal of overlap. We had to laugh once because we ate at 1900FP, then went up to our room at GF. They had the SAME desserts! 9I was thrilled to discover I could get my favorite Royal Pacific salad any time I wanted in their restaurant!)

The only other thing to mention is the lounge hours are 7am-10pm. I can't recall what happens at Poly after 10pm, but some of the lounges are completely locked. Even if it isn't, the staff is gone. During regular hours, you'd have access to plates, drinks, etc. When we have been at a WDW CL for a birthday, we sing HB over one of the desserts offered in the lounge. The desserts offered, IMO, tend to be WAY better than mere birthday cake! And if you time it just before Wishes, the combo is very special!

Hi, all! Quick question about wine offered at the different lounges. I exclusively drink white wine. I am not overly particular about the brand, but I really do not like chardonnay. Last May we stayed a week at Poly CL and the only white wine they offer is chardonnay. Our stay was AMAZING but I really hated the wine lol! We are looking to book at either WL, YC, or BW CL for our stay this coming memorial day week. Does anyone know what type of wines are served at those resorts?

Also, anyone have an opinion on which of those three resorts they would pick? We will be there last week of may into first week of June and we are having a really hard time deciding! Pros and Cons either way would be helpful! We are traveling with our two kids ages 4 and 2. TIA!!!
I can't help with your wine question, but I can speak to the hotels you mention.

As I just posted, IMO, food is generally kinds of similar at all the CL, and change over time. One of the minor outliers is that the food at WL tends to be a bit more homey. A few of their hot foods tend to come from a pot: stew and cobbler. Over the individual dumplings and tart-style desserts the other resorts serve. (Though our most recent stay at CR featured a new daily soup!) YC tends to have slightly fewer kids than the rest, but kids are welcome. All are nice.

Also worth noting, WL costs less because the rooms are a bit smaller. The WL transportation is also slightly less convenient than the more expensive deluxe hotels. BC/YC/BWK are located on a lagoon that connects Epcot/HS/Swan/Dolphin/BC/YC/BWK. It is (mostly) easy to walk between all of them or take the shuttle boat. Going all the way from Test Track in Epcot over to TSM in HS is a healthy hike, but if you want to minimize transportation time at peak rush hours, the convenience is super. That area is also great if your little ones can use naps some days.

An upside of WL, is that it is closer to MK/CR/Ft.WL. So if you are torn, consider how you will allocate your non-hotel time and where -besides the lounge- you want to eat.

Ah, I should have mentioned that in my first post today! though I go back to my first statement: Location always matters! Whichever resort you pick, if you plan to have ADR's, then you'll do well to eat close to your resort. The BC area resorts + hopping= fairly easy access to the World Showcase...thought it isn't much fun in the pouring rain. Within your own resort, you can usually get to a TS dinner without getting wet. Double plus at Signature meals.

We just got back from a CL stay at BWI. I'm a red wine drinker, so I didn't notice the white wine too much--but I know they had at least two-Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio. They may have had a third option, but I'm not positive. They definitely had 3 red wine options.
I have only stayed CL at BWI and YC. I have a slight preference for BWI, but if I was able to get a better deal at YC I wouldn't avoid it :)
I'm not sure I would do WL in the next several months unless I got an unbelievable deal--because of the construction. I know a lot of people have reported back that it doesn't interfere, but a few years ago I stayed (non CL) at WL and one of my favorite things was going to the beach to watch the electrical water parade...and I understand the beach is closed now due to construction.

This probably won't help much since last trip was Dec 2014. We stayed club level at the beach club. I only drink pinot grigio. They had not only that but reisling and a moscato.

We just got back from a CL stay at BWI. I'm a red wine drinker, so I didn't notice the white wine too much--but I know they had at least two-Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio. They may have had a third option, but I'm not positive. They definitely had 3 red wine options.
I have only stayed CL at BWI and YC. I have a slight preference for BWI, but if I was able to get a better deal at YC I wouldn't avoid it :)
I'm not sure I would do WL in the next several months unless I got an unbelievable deal--because of the construction. I know a lot of people have reported back that it doesn't interfere, but a few years ago I stayed (non CL) at WL and one of my favorite things was going to the beach to watch the electrical water parade...and I understand the beach is closed now due to construction.
Thank you for your response! We have the AP rate and WL is about $200 less for the entire week than YC and then YC is about $200 less than BW so the cost difference really isn't great. My husband is a big wilderness lodge fan but we are nervous about the construction. We just stayed in a regular room at YC in september and again in December so we are both a little hesitant to do YC again because we wouldn't mind trying something different. But we are also thinking the YC pool is better for our little kids than boardwalk? Why do you prefer boardwalk? Is the lounge better? Food options? Also, is the lounge close to the elevators/rooms? TIA!

Thank you for your response! We have the AP rate and WL is about $200 less for the entire week than YC and then YC is about $200 less than BW so the cost difference really isn't great. My husband is a big wilderness lodge fan but we are nervous about the construction. We just stayed in a regular room at YC in september and again in December so we are both a little hesitant to do YC again because we wouldn't mind trying something different. But we are also thinking the YC pool is better for our little kids than boardwalk? Why do you prefer boardwalk? Is the lounge better? Food options? Also, is the lounge close to the elevators/rooms? TIA!

Well, this past trip it was just my husband and I, but a few years ago we stayed at BWI with our kids (ages 5-11 at the time) and they loved the pool. We don't have any clown phobias in our family though ;)
My trip to YC was also adults only, so I'm not sure how the pools compare.
I think I enjoy the overall ambiance of the Boardwalk better--kind of the older 30's/40s feel, I'm just really into that! :)
The BWI club level recently started having a chef in the evenings prepare hot appetizers. We were there about 5 out of 6 evenings. The ones we tried were very good, a few times we didn't try them because they contained shellfish and I am allergic. They still had other appetizers available, including a bread/cheese fondue that was available every night and was delicious.
The staff at BWI was very kind and attentive and kept encouraging us to take food back to our room. I was there for the marathon and the staff literally told us to "stock up" on bananas and bagels for the morning :)

I should have mentioned, for little kids the YC and WL pools are MUCH better.

Of all the WDW pools, the BWK main pool is the deepest, except maybe the BC/YC lazy river.

The slide is fun, but it is also a little more intense than some of the other pool slides. Then again, the big BC/YC pool slide is also among the bigger pools slides. The BC/YC has the kiddie slide though. The newer splash areas - like the one at GF - have more elaborate kiddie water-play areas with slides. the kiddie pool at the BWK, when last I saw it, was kind of boring. (Unless they recently improved it.) When last we stayed at the BWK, our room was so far from the main pool though, that we only went once. Instead we went to the much closer quiet pool. It was a bit boring, but the landscaping was pretty, and there's a hot tub. (that was a few years back though.)

For me, I'm often happy to save $400, but between WL and YC you are getting something for that $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter