Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi everyone! We are staying at the Poly CL in a few weeks. I have heard the Ohana room service is really good, but I can imagine that trying to eat in a room with 5 people would be a little cramped. Would the lounge allow you to bring your room service food into the lounge to eat? I can't find anything stating that they wouldn't allow that. But wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon. We were also thinking about ordering a cake from the Disney bakery for our daughters birthday that week. Same question - would there be any issues using the lounge to cut/eat the cake? Thanks for any input you might have!

I've read about people doing the Ohana feast in the lounge without any problems. I've seen plenty of people bringing QS food in, but have never seen the Ohana feast in person. In all likelihood, Poly CMs will let you do whatever you want (unless you are in their way). There really aren't any rules that govern for or against.

Different people have different opinions on this topic but my own personal view is that the "common sense" rule applies. The lounge is a space for everyone so I try to keep that in mind. If you're hogging a bunch of tables and taking up space with the cart to the extent you're impacting others, then I'd make the decision to move to the room. The third floor is often barely used and I've always thought that was a pretty good spot to do something like that. I'd probably stay up there and then adjust if needed.

I did a cake for DDs birthday in the Poly CL lounge last summer. I remember asking about doing this on here at the time as I was worried about being a nuisance CL guest using the lounge for more personal activities. Ultimately I had nothing to worry about because the cake took all of 5 minutes and we were in/out quickly. Others around us enjoyed singing happy birthday (I think, or at least they smiled/nodded to be nice).

BTW, if you want a personalized cake, you better call now. I waited too late and all they could give me was their generic Mickey cake, which frankly wasn't that good.

The BWI club level recently started having a chef in the evenings prepare hot appetizers. :)
I'm chuckling a bit because my most recent stay there most certainly predates that! It was the Cat Cora restaurant downstairs when last we stayed.

Perhaps it is time to give it another try.

But with little kids the pool depth would still be a bit of an issue if they are non-swimmers. At most hotels, you can easily see the deep end markings. At BWI, the pool just sloped downward from all directions. I was kind of surprised to see that at WDW. the bottom of the slide was pretty deep too.

Most the pools at WDW don't even have a deep end.

I remember when you asked. I've been away from this thread for quite a while- since about that time. I used to post here quite often.

We haven't been going to WDW as often as we used to visit.

I'm trying to remember what people told me!! :-)

Welcome back!

First, kids or no, proximity/convenience/theming are always part of my opinions on resorts. Children or no, I still gotta get from point A to point B, even if I'm just walking from my room to the lounge. For me, I'll take a less themed hotel over one that is huge and sprawling

Random post but just wanted to say I think this is very well worded and I very much agree!!

I've read about people doing the Ohana feast in the lounge without any problems. I've seen plenty of people bringing QS food in, but have never seen the Ohana feast in person. In all likelihood, Poly CMs will let you do whatever you want (unless you are in their way). There really aren't any rules that govern for or against.

Different people have different opinions on this topic but my own personal view is that the "common sense" rule applies. The lounge is a space for everyone so I try to keep that in mind. If you're hogging a bunch of tables and taking up space with the cart to the extent you're impacting others, then I'd make the decision to move to the room. The third floor is often barely used and I've always thought that was a pretty good spot to do something like that. I'd probably stay up there and then adjust if needed.

I did a cake for DDs birthday in the Poly CL lounge last summer. I remember asking about doing this on here at the time as I was worried about being a nuisance CL guest using the lounge for more personal activities. Ultimately I had nothing to worry about because the cake took all of 5 minutes and we were in/out quickly. Others around us enjoyed singing happy birthday (I think, or at least they smiled/nodded to be nice).

BTW, if you want a personalized cake, you better call now. I waited too late and all they could give me was their generic Mickey cake, which frankly wasn't that good.

Thank you for the info! Yes, my intent would be to try and stay as discreet and out of the way as possible. And using the third floor area is a great suggestion to try and stay to a confined area! We will definitely take advantage of that.

Thank you for the info! Yes, my intent would be to try and stay as discreet and out of the way as possible. And using the third floor area is a great suggestion to try and stay to a confined area! We will definitely take advantage of that.
We did this last year. The CL CMs and room service were amazing with it. I wish we could have tipped them specifically. We had it delivered at an off time so not to disrupt any other guests.

I haven't been on these boards for a long time - wow, things sure have changed! We just decided to head to WL CL in June and I have LOTS of questions for the WL CL experts about the standard CL rooms. When I made my reservations my only choices for CL was standard or deluxe.....do they no longer have woods view or courtyard view as a bookable category when choosing CL? What are the various CL views? I was looking at a map ....are there really only 23ish CL rooms now (non-deluxe)?? Can I get a bunk bed room? My daughters are too old for bunk beds, but they would rather do bunks than share a queen bed! If I can get a bunk bed room, how do I request that? It wasn't a choice when booking online. I read that I couldn't email the CL staff anymore regarding room requests, but i'm not sure how true that is because I haven't tried yet. Sorry for all of the questions - I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

We plan on staying YC or BC CL this coming August. Could anyone give opinions on both? Can you get wine during the day or just beer? Will they let you bring food back to your room?

We plan on staying YC or BC CL this coming August. Could anyone give opinions on both? Can you get wine during the day or just beer? Will they let you bring food back to your room?
When we stayed BC CL the CMs would happily get us beer or wine during the day. We were also told we could take food back to our room. They have trays to make it easier. :). We haven't stayed at YC yet but hope to some day. :)

It has been a long 6 years since we took our 3 daughters to WDW. Finally, DH has come around and has agreed that we can start planning another one.:love: hopefully for after Thanksgiving. Are there ever any kind of discounts or FD either through travel agents or through Walt Disney World directly for CL rooms?

I haven't been on these boards for a long time - wow, things sure have changed! We just decided to head to WL CL in June and I have LOTS of questions for the WL CL experts about the standard CL rooms. When I made my reservations my only choices for CL was standard or deluxe.....do they no longer have woods view or courtyard view as a bookable category when choosing CL? What are the various CL views? I was looking at a map ....are there really only 23ish CL rooms now (non-deluxe)?? Can I get a bunk bed room? My daughters are too old for bunk beds, but they would rather do bunks than share a queen bed! If I can get a bunk bed room, how do I request that? It wasn't a choice when booking online. I read that I couldn't email the CL staff anymore regarding room requests, but i'm not sure how true that is because I haven't tried yet. Sorry for all of the questions - I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Hi there! I will caveat this by pointing out I have not stayed in a WL CL Standard Room, only a Deluxe Room, but pretty sure I can address your questions. I was just at WL in November. I loved the new lounge by the way, it was great. Among the best CL food we've had to date as well.

- Unlike the rest of WL, for CL you can't book a view category. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.
- Standard CL views are either courtyard/pool or woods views. Note, the woods views now offer a great MK view as well. They cut a bunch of trees on the north side of the resort for the new cabins. Rooms facing north look at the cabins but also the Contemporary and MK in the distance. Many speculate Disney will make these TPV rooms in the future.
- Yes, the current CL floor is pretty small. I haven't counted, but it's only the 7th floor rooms on the north wing plus the Deluxe rooms. They took away all of the south wing for DVC which presumably won't have CL privileges when they are done (although that's not fully known).
- Bunk beds are a room request only in CL. You can request one, but no guaranties.
- Yes, the IPO office which you used to be able to communicate with for room requests and pre-planning help doesn't exist at the moment. For room requests, you either need to call Disney's main reservation number, rely on the online check-in options, or other methods such as Touring Plans fax service.

Hope that helps! For the WL experts, if I have any of the above wrong please correct me. Happy planning.

Hi there! I will caveat this by pointing out I have not stayed in a WL CL Standard Room, only a Deluxe Room, but pretty sure I can address your questions. I was just at WL in November. I loved the new lounge by the way, it was great. Among the best CL food we've had to date as well.

- Unlike the rest of WL, for CL you can't book a view category. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.
- Standard CL views are either courtyard/pool or woods views. Note, the woods views now offer a great MK view as well. They cut a bunch of trees on the north side of the resort for the new cabins. Rooms facing north look at the cabins but also the Contemporary and MK in the distance. Many speculate Disney will make these TPV rooms in the future.
- Yes, the current CL floor is pretty small. I haven't counted, but it's only the 7th floor rooms on the north wing plus the Deluxe rooms. They took away all of the south wing for DVC which presumably won't have CL privileges when they are done (although that's not fully known).
- Bunk beds are a room request only in CL. You can request one, but no guaranties.
- Yes, the IPO office which you used to be able to communicate with for room requests and pre-planning help doesn't exist at the moment. For room requests, you either need to call Disney's main reservation number, rely on the online check-in options, or other methods such as Touring Plans fax service.

Hope that helps! For the WL experts, if I have any of the above wrong please correct me. Happy planning.
Yes!! This helps bunches! Thank you! I have also heard bits and pieces that there may be a new IPO option coming soon (maybe an outsourced IPO?) - but no one has confirmed that they have been contacted by a new IPO so I don't know how accurate this is. As far as the view, it sounds as if either view would be terrific. In January 2016 I had a high standard room that faced the construction and to our surprise a wonderful view of wishes. That was wonderful .....I have never had a courtyard view so this is going to be a very tough decision. I may just let it up to fate and only request the bunks since that is more important. As far as the food - I saw your post about the afternoon snacks ....that is awesome! When we stayed BC CL in 2011 the snacks consisted of gummy worms and potato chips :)

It has been a long 6 years since we took our 3 daughters to WDW. Finally, DH has come around and has agreed that we can start planning another one.:love: hopefully for after Thanksgiving. Are there ever any kind of discounts or FD either through travel agents or through Walt Disney World directly for CL rooms?

Congrats on planning another trip! CL rooms are included in promos, but sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort as not all resorts/room types are included (and some are often included at a lesser discount than others). Happy planning :wizard:.

I have never had a courtyard view so this is going to be a very tough decision. I may just let it up to fate and only request the bunks since that is more important.

If having bunk beds is the priority, I would make that your only request. I also wanted to mention that if you check in and aren't assigned bunks, you can always ask if they are available. It's not guaranteed your room can be changed, but it never hurts to ask ;).

Six years is too long! :-)

Yes, there are almost always room discounts available for CL rooms. CL discounts act just like regular Disney discounts, there will be various promotions announced throuought the year that cover certain travel dates. Although like with everything Disney, "the number of rooms available for this offer" disclaimer fully applies. It's not always a given there will be a discount available for your certain resort/room type/view category.

This is a good website to spend time on that lays things out pretty well: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...ls/disney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/

Some travel agencies also have Disney deals during certain times of year, but you can't really talk about them on here per board rules.

I can't speak to FD as that's not something I've ever spent much time looking into. For us, CL and FD would be way overkill, but for some it works. I prefer the room-only discounts (either general public, or in my case AP discounts) when I book.

Happy planning!

Just updated the guest list! :) If anyone else wants to be added please send me a DM.

Also, if anyone has updated photos for page 1 I'd love to keep this info as accurate as possible. :D THANKS! :)

Let me start this question by saying that I don't intend to overstep - that is why I am asking this question in advance :)

We will be arriving at the WL CL after midnight June 14th. I doubt we will have many (if any) options at that time of night to grab a drink and a snack. Do you think it would be at all possible to let the CL staff know about our late arrival and request that some drinks (and maybe even a snack) be placed in our room.....or is this the tackiest question ever?

Hi all, we are staying at SugarLoaf for the first time, in 2 weeks! I was hoping we could get some suggestions on room requests. Which side is better? Can either side see the fireworks? Or castle? High room or ground floor?

Thanks!

Let me start this question by saying that I don't intend to overstep - that is why I am asking this question in advance :)

We will be arriving at the WL CL after midnight June 14th. I doubt we will have many (if any) options at that time of night to grab a drink and a snack. Do you think it would be at all possible to let the CL staff know about our late arrival and request that some drinks (and maybe even a snack) be placed in our room.....or is this the tackiest question ever?

Oops, gave the wrong answer. Thought you were staying at GF, sorry I can't help.

Six years is too long! :-)

Yes, there are almost always room discounts available for CL rooms. CL discounts act just like regular Disney discounts, there will be various promotions announced throuought the year that cover certain travel dates. Although like with everything Disney, "the number of rooms available for this offer" disclaimer fully applies. It's not always a given there will be a discount available for your certain resort/room type/view category.

This is a good website to spend time on that lays things out pretty well: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...ls/disney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/

Some travel agencies also have Disney deals during certain times of year, but you can't really talk about them on here per board rules.

I can't speak to FD as that's not something I've ever spent much time looking into. For us, CL and FD would be way overkill, but for some it works. I prefer the room-only discounts (either general public, or in my case AP discounts) when I book.

Happy planning!

Thank you so much for answering my question!!! That is encouraging to hear. :yay: My dh would love CL I know. I'm hoping to convince him to try it.

Just this past week I have begun again to peruse disboards. I was able to get sooo much info. last trip and I'm sure so much has changed since then. So, Im excited to catch up on everything.

On one post, (can't remember which forum I saw it on so please forgive me) but it insinuated that if you book a room and then a discount comes out, you can't just call in and apply it to your current reservation as in the past. If I understood correctly, you would have to cancel your current reservation and then complete a new one with the discount applied. Did I misunderstand this or is this how discounts have to be taken advantage of if you currently have a reservation at a non-discounted rate? With the "limited number of rooms available" at a discount this might be tough to take advantage of. But, I can't wait to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter