Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Although I was never able to change our WL reservation for next week to club level despite some serious reservation stalking, I am happy to say that I changed our flight home and we are tacking on an extra day as a pool day... booked for YC CL! Looking forward to being back (even if for just one night!)

Does anyone have an updated menu for the club lounge at the Poly, or be able to point me in the right direction. I have heard that there have been some changes to the food offerings recently. Thanks

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised nothing is available. I guess the length of your stay actually is hurting you in this case.

Although I'll offer an unsolicited opinion - I LOVE LOVE LOVE CR CL, but I'm not so sure I love it for 10 or more nights. CR is sort of my "go to" resort when I'm going for a shorter stay. I'm so torn on this though. I love the TPV rooms and CL there, but I despise the pool (which is important for us). We've had some of the best CL CMs at CR so I like going there for that alone, but still, 10 nights is A LOT.

I know split stays can be a total pain, but that's probably what I would do if I were in your shoes just to spice it up a bit.

we are not pool people since we do the waterparks with our everything and more passes. Usually the only pool we make it a point to do is when we stay at the Yacht Club! LOL

If I might ask what is your date range in Dec. 2017, and are you trying to apply a discount or offer?

For example I just checked on-line for a Contemporary TPV Atrium CL for Dec. 3-16, 2017 and I am able to select a room only offer. If you don't want to share you date range here, please consider calling Disney directly and have the Phone CM search adjusting your start date range by one or two days earlier or later. There are often better days to start your stay.

Dave

Argggg....that could be it exactly!!! We are booked on a bounceback offer that we booked while we were there last year. It is December 6th - 15th right now but we want to add on before. I only call directly, never do it online but I just wish that they would tell me that it wasn't available due to the offer we were using and not just because it was sold out! LOL! That would alleviate so much of my wondering! LOL!! Thank you and I will call this afternoon to make sure that this is what the problem is!

Can anyone tell me if there are any extra toiletries for a AKL CL stay? We are staying DVC CL here for 3 nights and I was wondering if there were upgraded shampoo, conditioner, etc, and if we would be able to get extra when there? We switch to another hotel after the 3 nights and are having GG deliver the big shampoo and conditioner to the next hotel but wondering if I will survive 3 nights on toiletries in the room lol! Thanks!!

Although I was never able to change our WL reservation for next week to club level despite some serious reservation stalking, I am happy to say that I changed our flight home and we are tacking on an extra day as a pool day... booked for YC CL! Looking forward to being back (even if for just one night!)

Sorry you weren't able to upgrade to CL, but congrats on the extra day at YC! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you! I am so excited to stay CL at Poly. :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about your stay when you get back :goodvibes.

Can we be added to the check-in list? :yay:

We're staying at AKL Savanna View Club Level in October 2017. First time at AKL and at CL! Cannot wait!

AKL is amazing, you will love it! I can't speak for CL as we haven't tried it yet at AKL, but it gets alot of positive reviews. Happy planning and I hope you have a great time :).

I'm sure this has been asked before but has anyone ever requested a late check out time? Disney told me it's based on availability and couldn't tell me the fee. Anyone have any info?
Thanks

I'm sure this has been asked before but has anyone ever requested a late check out time? Disney told me it's based on availability and couldn't tell me the fee. Anyone have any info?
Thanks
I have not in CL, but I did in a standard room at Wilderness lodge and was granted only half an hour.

Thanks

I asked for a late check-out at Poly CL in July. I went down that morning and asked the CL CM, she did some typing on the computer, looked at the screen, and said we could have an additional 2 hours to 1PM. It was so easy/quick part of me thought the CM didn't really look up anything on the computer and only told me what I wanted to hear.

A Mousekeeping manager knocked on my door just before 12 (I had my Do Not Disturb Tag on the door) and was very angry I was still in the room. Said I was not on her list for late checkout. Basically chased me out of the room.

A couple of things happened here... either I got bum info from the CL CM, or the late checkout request didn't make it to Mousekeeping in time to be on her paper list.

If I were to do it again I'd request it on the first day of my stay.

I've generally heard/read that late check-out requests are not granted very often, although this was my only experience trying.

Thanks

I asked for a late check-out at Poly CL in July. I went down that morning and asked the CL CM, she did some typing on the computer, looked at the screen, and said we could have an additional 2 hours to 1PM. It was so easy/quick part of me thought the CM didn't really look up anything on the computer and only told me what I wanted to hear.

A Mousekeeping manager knocked on my door just before 12 (I had my Do Not Disturb Tag on the door) and was very angry I was still in the room. Said I was not on her list for late checkout. Basically chased me out of the room.

A couple of things happened here... either I got bum info from the CL CM, or the late checkout request didn't make it to Mousekeeping in time to be on her paper list.

I've generally heard/read that late check-out requests are not granted very often, although this was my only experience trying.
I have asked many times for late check when staying cl. I am always told I have to wait until day before or day of. Very hard to plan not knowing. If available its free until either 12 or 1pm. After that they wanted 1/2 price of room once at CR. I declined.

I did find going direct to the mousekeeping at gf was better. I just tipped her very well. That day I was told none avail and yet she let me stay in room until 2p.(she said she didn't NEED my room and would just clean last)

Then this last summer I was told none available at check in desks when I inquired at check in, day prior to leaving and again morning of. However I found a man with a clipboard in Sago and flat out said" I could really use a late check out our ME isn't until 4pm". He reluctantly added me to his list.

Im sure I was nice about it but that was the gist. I also thanked him later when I saw him again telling him it really was helpful to have that time.

Thank you for the info
I have asked many times for late check when staying cl. I am always told I have to wait until day before or day of. Very hard to plan not knowing. If available its free until either 12 or 1pm. After that they wanted 1/2 price of room once at CR. I declined.

I did find going direct to the mousekeeping at gf was better. I just tipped her very well. That day I was told none avail and yet she let me stay in room until 2p.(she said she didn't NEED my room and would just clean last)

Then this last summer I was told none available at check in desks when I inquired at check in, day prior to leaving and again morning of. However I found a man with a clipboard in Sago and flat out said" I could really use a late check out our ME isn't until 4pm". He reluctantly added me to his list.

Im sure I was nice about it but that was the gist. I also thanked him later when I saw him again telling him it really was helpful to have that time.
Thank you for the info. I'm thinking ME will pick us up around 2:30 so it should be too bad but it would nice if I could get an extra hour or so. I'll try the desk and if that doesn't work then I'll go to Mousekeeping.

@Nikki0401 You probably know this, but just in case... you have access to the CL lounge for the entire day you check out. This can be very helpful if you're at a resort where they don't physically close the lounge between services. It's a nice place to hang out if needed if you have a lag between checkout and when you have to leave.

Thanks

WL CL gave us a 1pm checkout on 12/22 with no additional charge. I asked, she looked at the computer, and said 1pm was no problem at all. For what it's worth, I asked the day before so we could plan ahead.

@Nikki0401 You probably know this, but just in case... you have access to the CL lounge for the entire day you check out. This can be very helpful if you're at a resort where they don't physically close the lounge between services. It's a nice place to hang out if needed if you have a lag between checkout and when you have to leave.

Does
this work when you are doing a split stay? We are moving into a DVC villa after our club stay. Can we get back into the Club area? Will the Magic Bands still work?

Does
this work when you are doing a split stay? We are moving into a DVC villa after our club stay. Can we get back into the Club area? Will the Magic Bands still work?

I 'think' so. Pretty sure the same concept applies to split stays.... but hopefully someone that has done it can confirm. Txs!

Does

We have not done a split stay but every time we've stayed CL (at several resorts) we have been able to access the CL lounge until we left the resort late in the afternoon. As long as you haven't checked into your DVC villa, the system should still "see" you as a guest of the first resort, so should allow you access to the lounge.

We are staying CL at Grand Floridian in June. We've stayed CL at Poly and AKL. We haven't been contacted about itinerary planning yet. We don't want much (golf and a spa treatment). Is this service no longer available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter