Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Oh honey, I am sooo sorry. I will put you on my prayer list.
I hope your lives are back to normal soon.

I have made a spreadsheet at work and as anyone posts a room # with a murphy bed, I will keep it updated and periodically post it here and send you a private inbox with the info. I hope this will help you. I know that keeping up with a thread can become a full time job! I have also found some posts on other blogs that I have added to our list here and I am adding the info in a note on the touring plans room finder as they are posted here. Hopefully, someday, we can get the majority of the murphy bed rooms listed here!
Thank you for all you do to keep this thread up!
:disrocks:

The prayers and your help is greatly appreciated! I soooo want to be immersed in the Disboards and return to normal, well mickeystoontown "normal" soon. LOL

I would call and add a request of buildings 34, 35 or 36. The walk from those buildings would give you about the same walk as the back of the 80's building at Pop if you've ever stayed there.
I have stayed in that area of Pop! I've stayed in AoA in a LM room, and the backside of POR! Those walks weren't issues.
So, thanks for the advice!! Gives me a god idea.

Thank you so very very much for updating the list and I absolutely did not feel like you were trying to take over. I've been absent from the Disboards so much lately. The day we came home from our WDW trip, my boss passed away unexpectedly, my husband's place of employment shut the doors and our lives were turned upside down. We are both now at new jobs but I am still trying to help my deceased boss's family close out his office. Working two jobs is about to do me in. I can't wait to have the chance to get to actively writing on the Dis.

I've copied and pasted your updated list and replaced the one that I had started.

So sorry to hear that you have been dealing with all this. Will definitely keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Can anyone tell me about the complimentary toiletries? I looks through the first couple pages but only saw a picture of the soap. I am mainly wondering if it is a 2 in 1 for the shampoo/conditioner or if they are seperate.

Can anyone tell me about the complimentary toiletries? I looks through the first couple pages but only saw a picture of the soap. I am mainly wondering if it is a 2 in 1 for the shampoo/conditioner or if they are separate.

Look back at post 3009 and you can see a photo of the shampoo and conditioner. They are separate items. ( I would link that post here but I don't know how to do that. Sorry!)

Do I need to updated with my reservation or is that an option to choose during check-in online?

Thanks Again! :)
There is a water view in the drop down but at CBR, water view can be pool or lake so I would call and add "lakeview" to my request.:) Just remember they only have a limited space to add the requests and make sure you put your requests in order of importance :thumbsup2

Only 12 days until we arrive but 10 till we start driving. I'm a POP girl as you can tell by my signature but am excited to try CBR. Question, is CBR pretty good at granting room requests? I know room requests are never guaranteed however I have never had an issue at POP and have always gotten what was requested. My biggest concern is being bumped to the pirate rooms which we don't want, especially since we don't have children with us.

:cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana:

Only 12 days until we arrive but 10 till we start driving. I'm a POP girl as you can tell by my signature but am excited to try CBR. Question, is CBR pretty good at granting room requests? I know room requests are never guaranteed however I have never had an issue at POP and have always gotten what was requested. My biggest concern is being bumped to the pirate rooms which we don't want, especially since we don't have children with us.

I really think it depends on how full the resort is and when you check in. We have been lucky with our requests but I have seen others post that they did not get any of their requests. Have a great trip and we will see you there...we leave in 15 days!

Thank you so very very much for updating the list and I absolutely did not feel like you were trying to take over. I've been absent from the Disboards so much lately. The day we came home from our WDW trip, my boss passed away unexpectedly, my husband's place of employment shut the doors and our lives were turned upside down. We are both now at new jobs but I am still trying to help my deceased boss's family close out his office. Working two jobs is about to do me in. I can't wait to have the chance to get to actively writing on the Dis.

I've copied and pasted your updated list and replaced the one that I had started.

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's really hard to come back from a WDW vacation normally, but these events had to be like reality slapping you in the face. Keeping you in my prayers that everything settles down for you guys. Wow. :grouphug:

It is hit and miss on getting your requests. Sometimes I have gotten them and sometimes not. Like previous poster said, it is going to depend on how full the resort is. As far as being worried about getting a pirate room, I would not worry. Somewhere not far back in this thread someone was saying (sorry can't remember who) that they tried to give them a pirate room when they had booked a standard. The pirate rooms have full size beds and the standard rooms have queens. The person showed them online that they booked a room with queen size beds not full size and the resort gave up the argument and put them in a preferred standard room. You can use this method yourself if that happens. Have fun and don't worry!pixiedust:

If I wanted to request the preferred building that is less closest to the food court and main pool which building would that be?

We stayed at CBR the week before Labor Day. We were in Trinidad North with a murphy bed room and 2 queen beds. My husband slept so great on the queen bed, we are trying to track down the brand and model of the mattresses. I've tried contacting Disney Guest Services, but the number they gave me (Simmons) doesn't seem to be correct. Is there anyone that may have taken a picture of the mattress tag while you were there? Or could you take a picture if you are going there soon?!

We stayed at CBR the week before Labor Day. We were in Trinidad North with a murphy bed room and 2 queen beds. My husband slept so great on the queen bed, we are trying to track down the brand and model of the mattresses. I've tried contacting Disney Guest Services, but the number they gave me (Simmons) doesn't seem to be correct. Is there anyone that may have taken a picture of the mattress tag while you were there? Or could you take a picture if you are going there soon?!

I plan to take a pic while I'm there, but that won't be until the week after Thansgiving. I have heard great things about these mattresses!

I plan to take a pic while I'm there, but that won't be until the week after Thansgiving. I have heard great things about these mattresses!

Thank you so much!!!! Can't wait to solve the mystery! Seems nobody thinks to get the information while they are on vacation (myself included), so I really, really, really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us. So much appreciated!

The room my parents had 2 weeks ago had Simmons Beauty Rest matresses. They bought one for themselves Monday.

I agree with you! We have stayed at POP for our last 10 trips and have been blessed with our room requests being granted. We are SUPER excited to stay at CBR (girls trip, bringing my mama (82 yrs young) for her very first trip ever to Disney :jumping1:). Our requests this trip are more for ease and convenience this time so I am hoping for some CBR pixie dust. Our only request that is a MUST is having a ground floor room, since mom can't climb stairs, but being close to OPR and a bus stop would help tremendously. Our view doesn't matter at all since we are normally only in the room to nap/sleep. We may spend more time at the resort this trip with mom but we won't spend it sitting inside the room and looking out the window. Back in 1990 we stayed at CBR when it was considered a "value" resort (before any of the value resorts were built) and it was new. There was no way to get over to OPR from the Jamaica/Aruba side other than walk or ride the internal bus. I remember you could rent paddle boats and small speed boats to use on the lake. I think we paid like $75-$80 a night to stay there. We were assigned building 13 in Barbados and we LOVED it. Our room was just across the parking lot from the bus stop and the walk was beautiful around the resort. CBR has changed alot since then but I don't think there is a bad village in the resort. Thanks for allowing me to reminisce :cloud9:. Can't wait to be back there in 13 days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter