Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at CBR the week before Labor Day. We were in Trinidad North with a murphy bed room and 2 queen beds. My husband slept so great on the queen bed, we are trying to track down the brand and model of the mattresses. I've tried contacting Disney Guest Services, but the number they gave me (Simmons) doesn't seem to be correct. Is there anyone that may have taken a picture of the mattress tag while you were there? Or could you take a picture if you are going there soon?!

I will be happy to take a picture of the mattress tag for you (if I remember :rotfl:). We will be there in 13 days! Would you mind sharing your room number that you were in. We are trying to list as many rooms with the murphy beds, for the list in the first thread, to help our DISfriends that may need one.
:thanks:

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's really hard to come back from a WDW vacation normally, but these events had to be like reality slapping you in the face. Keeping you in my prayers that everything settles down for you guys. Wow. :grouphug:

Thank you! Quite honestly, these past three months have been pure heck for all of us. I haven't even taken the time to look at my trip pictures and that's something that I always do when we get home. The prayers are appreciated!

It is hit and miss on getting your requests. Sometimes I have gotten them and sometimes not. Like previous poster said, it is going to depend on how full the resort is. As far as being worried about getting a pirate room, I would not worry. Somewhere not far back in this thread someone was saying (sorry can't remember who) that they tried to give them a pirate room when they had booked a standard. The pirate rooms have full size beds and the standard rooms have queens. The person showed them online that they booked a room with queen size beds not full size and the resort gave up the argument and put them in a preferred standard room. You can use this method yourself if that happens. Have fun and don't worry!pixiedust:
My wife and I ask for a King room, and wherever they put us is a surprise. Like it that way. Spontaneity is a great thing. And every trip to CBR is an adventure for us. Only thing I miss is bringing my sons along, although the Army son went 3 weeks ago. Really hard to get the Navy and Army to give my sons leave at the same time.

Thank you! Quite honestly, these past three months have been pure heck for all of us. I haven't even taken the time to look at my trip pictures and that's something that I always do when we get home. The prayers are appreciated!
Hang in there. I look forward to seeing your posts/pictures again soon. You always seem to make my day brighter with your posts/pictures. Hope all turns out well.

My wife and I ask for a King room, and wherever they put us is a surprise. Like it that way. Spontaneity is a great thing. And every trip to CBR is an adventure for us. Only thing I miss is bringing my sons along, although the Army son went 3 weeks ago. Really hard to get the Navy and Army to give my sons leave at the same time.
kevin355 do you actually book a king or book a different room category and request a king?
Not sure if that is even possible but thought I would ask :rolleyes:

kevin355 do you actually book a king or book a different room category and request a king?
Not sure if that is even possible but thought I would ask :rolleyes:
We always book a King Room and let the rest fall into place.

We always book a King Room and let the rest fall into place.
:thumbsup2 That's what I do when it is just me and hubby. It's when we are traveling with grandkids and in this instance, taking my mama, that I like being closer to a bus stop and the food court/pool!

:thumbsup2 That's what I do when it is just me and hubby. It's when we are traveling with grandkids and in this instance, taking my mama, that I like being closer to a bus stop and the food court/pool!
Aren't you kinda young for grand-kids!!!??? 8-)

Aren't you kinda young for grand-kids!!!??? 8-)
YES!!! I am! :teeth:
But...... I have 9 beautiful grand-loves! ages 6 to 23! I was 33 when I was blessed with my first granddaughter and my son was 16/his girlfriend at the time, now his wife of 20 years was 15 :faint: when they blessed us with our first. (Might I add that was a very trying time in my life :worried:)

Now, before anyone comments, let me add that this is my step-son HOWEVER, he is mine! I married his amazing father 34 years ago when his boys were 1.5, 2.5 and 5 and my daughter was 3.5. We were both extremely young when we started having kids (he at 17 and I at 18 so the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree :rotfl:) and he had full custody of his 3 boys. So at 22 and he at 24 we were growing up with 4 kids that were 5 and under. My life was sooo amazingly full of joy and we decided after being married 8 years that we would add to our family and we had a daughter together! I am 56, my hubby is 58, our kids are 26, 37, 38, 38 & 40 and our grandkids are 6, 9, 12, 16, 16, 16, 18, 19 & 23 and our 26 year old is just starting her family so hopefully in the next year or so we will be adding to our family. There are 21 of us in our immediate family right now and honestly, I wouldn't trade my life! God has blessed me so much more than I deserve and we may not be rich in $$ but we are soooo rich with love :cloud9: They all live within 20 minutes of me and each other and they are all super close and the 16 yr olds are best friends (no twins or triplets, they are all from different families). From Tae Kwan do, to football, to baseball, to softball, to choir, to chess tournaments they keep us busy! There is NEVER a dull moment and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with the pirate camp? I have my kids signed up for it, so my hubby and I can have dinner alone one night.

Just got into our room! We arrived around 11am and our room wasn't ready so we left our bags at bell services, had lunch at OPR (turkey blt was very good), then headed to epcot.

We weren't originally planning on doing parks today but we just aren't the sit around and hang type lol. We basically did a very quick once through of the world showcase and checked out all of the offerings before we go for real tomorrow. I sampled some things (loaded Mac and cheese, craft beer flight #2, tiki torch cocktail, a cannoli, and Mmmhops IPA) but look forward to doing it for real tomorrow. It is my first f&w.

We only spent a few hours over there (it is SO hot. Been almost 10 years since the last time I came any time other the January or February, oof.). We got the room ready email (no text message) and decided to come back. We are Jamaica 422- (I'll post the actual number later if anyone actually cares). We do not have a Murphy bed. I requested a corner room and second floor. Neither request was granted as we are first floor one in from the corner. It's fine though because both requests were just general preference and not actual needs, obviously.

Mugs do not have handles and are available in red, blue, green, and purple.

If anyone else has any specific questions, let me know! I am here until Sunday. :)

Just got into our room! We arrived around 11am and our room wasn't ready so we left our bags at bell services, had lunch at OPR (turkey blt was very good), then headed to epcot.

We weren't originally planning on doing parks today but we just aren't the sit around and hang type lol. We basically did a very quick once through of the world showcase and checked out all of the offerings before we go for real tomorrow. I sampled some things (loaded Mac and cheese, craft beer flight #2, tiki torch cocktail, a cannoli, and Mmmhops IPA) but look forward to doing it for real tomorrow. It is my first f&w.

We only spent a few hours over there (it is SO hot. Been almost 10 years since the last time I came any time other the January or February, oof.). We got the room ready email (no text message) and decided to come back. We are Jamaica 422- (I'll post the actual number later if anyone actually cares). We do not have a Murphy bed. I requested a corner room and second floor. Neither request was granted as we are first floor one in from the corner. It's fine though because both requests were just general preference and not actual needs, obviously.

If anyone else has any specific questions, let me know! I am here until Sunday. :)

Yay!!! 13 days for us!
@myneverland is asking for someone to take a picture of the tag from the mattresses so she can buy one, If it's not too much trouble :)

My only question is: did you fax in your request, add them to your ressie or just do them during on line check in?

Have fun!!!

I just wanted to say that I am thankful for the sacrifice that your kids are making for all of us! Thanks to them for keeping us all safe! :love:

Did our online check in. We booked a king room when we booked the trip and now we chose upper floor and corner room, so we shall see what we get! Not sure if any corner rooms are king rooms. My Disney fever has kicked in!!

Hi all

We will be at our first visit to CBR in November. Are you able to access the hot tub early morning? From what I have seen it appears the hot tubs are in the main pool area with gate access. We are early risers and would love a visit to the hot tub before we begin our park day!

Hi. I'm lurking here as have a trip to CBR booked next year. I do have a specific question but it's not CBR specific. But I'm coming February. From the UK and usually visit in August but have done May, March and December too. One question to a February vet. Will we be able swim??????! Thank you.

Did our online check in. We booked a king room when we booked the trip and now we chose upper floor and corner room, so we shall see what we get! Not sure if any corner rooms are king rooms. My Disney fever has kicked in!!
We have had a King corner room, lower level.

Hi. I'm lurking here as have a trip to CBR booked next year. I do have a specific question but it's not CBR specific. But I'm coming February. From the UK and usually visit in August but have done May, March and December too. One question to a February vet. Will we be able swim??????! Thank you.
Yes and no. February weather in FLA can be in the 80's...or it can be in the 60's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter