Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi. I'm lurking here as have a trip to CBR booked next year. I do have a specific question but it's not CBR specific. But I'm coming February. From the UK and usually visit in August but have done May, March and December too. One question to a February vet. Will we be able swim??????! Thank you.
We went the first week of February in 2012 and swam every day. February of 2003 it wasn't very warm. I believe the pools are heated though.

We went the first week of February in 2012 and swam every day. February of 2003 it wasn't very warm. I believe the pools are heated though.
February 2014 we went. Was in the 50's and 60's two days...then got warm the day we left. But I have swam in the Gulf of Mexico in February plenty of times near Sarasota. It is hit and miss like Sharongal74 notes.

We went in early Feb 2013 - it was 85 when we arrived and left, and mid-60s in between.

The water is always warm - it is just the getting back to the room that can get chilly!!

As othersoon have said, February is very hit or miss. The year I came (the end of Feb 2014) was very hot but the week before hadn't been. As someone else said, the pools are heated though. So depending on the temperature, swimming is definitely possible.

The only label I see on the bed says Simmons BeautyRest as others have posted. Don't see a tag with the model.

Hi all

We will be at our first visit to CBR in November. Are you able to access the hot tub early morning? From what I have seen it appears the hot tubs are in the main pool area with gate access. We are early risers and would love a visit to the hot tub before we begin our park day!

We just got back from the park and walked through the Jamaica quiet pool on our way to the room. The main pool has posted hours of 9a-10p, but the quiet pools have hours of 7a-11p. That said, the only hot tub I have seen is at OPR so I guess the quiet pools having earlier hours doesn't really matter lol.

As othersoon have said, February is very hit or miss. The year I came (the end of Feb 2014) was very hot but the week before hadn't been. As someone else said, the pools are heated though. So depending on the temperature, swimming is definitely possible.

The only label I see on the bed says Simmons BeautyRest as others have posted. Don't see a tag with the model.
We came during Valentine's Day week...50's and 60's, then got warm the day we left.

Thanks for all the February weather advice. I shall pack shorts and T's and jeans and hoodies and play it by ear. My kids will swim at 50 degrees. We are used to UK weather!

Question - we added an extra night at the beginning of our trip, but CBR was booked. We're staying at All Star Movies, and we land about 6pm. So, at ASMo, can I have bell services hold our luggage for the night - and then in the morning just ask them to send it straight to CBR? I know people have their luggage held when they arrive late at night - was wondering if 6pm was too early to do that. It would just be so much easier to pack a carry-on with overnight stuff than mess with the suitcases.

Last edited:
Question - we added an extra night at the beginning of our trip, but CBR was booked. We're staying at All Star Movies, and we land about 6pm. So, at ASMo, can I have bell services hold our luggage for the night - and then in the morning just ask them to send it straight to CBR? I know people have their luggage held when they arrive late at night - was wondering if 6pm was too early to do that. It would just be so much easier to pack a carry-on with overnight stuff then mess with the suitcases.
This is a great question and hopefully someone that has done split stays in the past will chime in.
Do they have luggage service from one resort to another?

We just got back from the park and walked through the Jamaica quiet pool on our way to the room. The main pool has posted hours of 9a-10p, but the quiet pools have hours of 7a-11p. That said, the only hot tub I have seen is at OPR so I guess the quiet pools having earlier hours doesn't really matter lol.

Thank you for that info. Are the quiet pools gated?
What are your thoughts about CBR so far?

Question - we added an extra night at the beginning of our trip, but CBR was booked. We're staying at All Star Movies, and we land about 6pm. So, at ASMo, can I have bell services hold our luggage for the night - and then in the morning just ask them to send it straight to CBR? I know people have their luggage held when they arrive late at night - was wondering if 6pm was too early to do that. It would just be so much easier to pack a carry-on with overnight stuff than mess with the suitcases.
Yes you can...friends did it from GF to CBR.

This is a great question and hopefully someone that has done split stays in the past will chime in.

Yes you can...friends did it from GF to CBR.

This. :thumbsup2 We've done it ourselves too.

Thank you for that info. Are the quiet pools gated?
What are your thoughts about CBR so far?

They are gated but do not require magicbands to enter, as I think I have heard some pools now do. I'm not sure if they are ever even locked at night. When we walked by last night, it was well after the posted hours but there were still people in there swimming.

So far I am really enjoying it. I would definitely stay here again if I am trying for a cheaper trip and don't want to spend the money to stay over on the Boardwalk. The bus rides to Epcot and HS are very quick. We got to AKL for breakfast this morning with relative ease. We haven't had too many issues with buses, just the usual congestion at park closing which is going to happen at any resort. It is a bit further of a walk than I had anticipated before I got here. I didn't really think I would mind the walk as much as I have, then again I haven't been wearing great walking shoes because I opted to DisneyBound this trip so my feet have been sausages by the end of the day lol. My only real complaint is that I am not a fan of how there are no main paths through the individual villages to the inner path around the water. It is a lot of twists and turns to get from our room to the bus stop. It was a little confusing trying to find our room the first day coming from the bus stop.

I was going to switch rooms after the first night and didn't get to the hotel til 8:30pm and asked bell services to hold my luggage til the next day. 10:30 pm it was delivered to my room.

Jamaica 4551 has a Murphy bed, views are fine (its a standard room-looks at grass/another building) and Is a connecting room. It is close to the bridge.

They are gated but do not require magicbands to enter, as I think I have heard some pools now do. I'm not sure if they are ever even locked at night. When we walked by last night, it was well after the posted hours but there were still people in there swimming.

So far I am really enjoying it. I would definitely stay here again if I am trying for a cheaper trip and don't want to spend the money to stay over on the Boardwalk. The bus rides to Epcot and HS are very quick. We got to AKL for breakfast this morning with relative ease. We haven't had too many issues with buses, just the usual congestion at park closing which is going to happen at any resort. It is a bit further of a walk than I had anticipated before I got here. I didn't really think I would mind the walk as much as I have, then again I haven't been wearing great walking shoes because I opted to DisneyBound this trip so my feet have been sausages by the end of the day lol. My only real complaint is that I am not a fan of how there are no main paths through the individual villages to the inner path around the water. It is a lot of twists and turns to get from our room to the bus stop. It was a little confusing trying to find our room the first day coming from the bus stop.
Thank you! Im feeling great about our decision. We stayed at French Quarter once years ago and then have always stayed at POP. Since this trip is just the hubby and I (anniversary) we were looking for a more relaxed pace.
If the hot tubs are not accessible early am, a swim could suffice (or coffee on a hammock). Will you be posting any pics after your trip?

Thank you! Im feeling great about our decision. We stayed at French Quarter once years ago and then have always stayed at POP. Since this trip is just the hubby and I (anniversary) we were looking for a more relaxed pace.
If the hot tubs are not accessible early am, a swim could suffice (or coffee on a hammock). Will you be posting any pics after your trip?
Happy Anniversary. Just spent our 28th at WDW 3 weeks ago.

Jamaica 4551 has a Murphy bed, views are fine (its a standard room-looks at grass/another building) and Is a connecting room. It is close to the bridge.
@Calee, thank you for the info, do you know which room it was connecting with?? 4550 or the corner room 4552?
It's not a huge deal, I just like to add that to the list. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter