Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please add me. We are staying 10/25-11/1. Me, wife and 2 boys ages 14 and 6. Our first time at CBR. Have stayed at Corornado 2x and POR Riverside 2x. Can't wait.

I spoke to a CM in the Customs House tonight who said that Martinique and Trinidad North are still needing to be completed for refurb.
As well as the Pirate Rooms. She did mention that they were having difficulty with the pirate beds themselves as they really only fit double beds....

I somehow missed your post. Thank you so very much for the update!

We are here at CBR right now. I'll try to answer some of the questions I have seen on here. We are staying in Martinique Building 22. The room is a refurbished room and is very nice. They are working on Buildings 24 and 25. They seem to be making pretty good progress on them. The only time I hear anything is if I walk by those buildings which we do on the way to OPR but it is very minimal. The grounds are gorgeous and so far, most of the staff have been very friendly. We ate at Shutters last night. I had the Island Pasta with Shrimp and it was delicious. A few people in our party had steak and also said it was great. The food court meals we feel are just average so far. Bus transportation has been good, no real wait times except going from Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom, which we expected to be a bit of a wait. And for the most part, there hasn't been many people on them. Overall we love it here! Let me know if you have any questions I can try to answer. I will be here until Saturday the 31st.

Hello! If the bounce back information is in your room, I'd love to know what it is. I'll be at CBR in two weeks and am hoping to book a week for my family at POR or AKL in August. Thanks so much!

We're booked for 4/3-4/10 Standard View. With two teenagers we really need a refurbished room with the queen beds which I have requested. Will this be a problem?

Hi! We are looking to possibly book the pirate rooms. My questions are:

1. Have they all been recently refurbed?
2. Is there a drop down bed like in the other non pirate refurbed rooms?
3. Are the pirate ship beds queen?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Hi! We are looking to possibly book the pirate rooms. My questions are: 1. Have they all been recently refurbed? 2. Is there a drop down bed like in the other non pirate refurbed rooms? 3. Are the pirate ship beds queen? Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

1. No

2. Not that I'm aware of

3. No. Doubles

Hi.

Im the organizer for a group of 25 that will be arriving on March 21 for my ds HS baseball team playing at WWoS.

Are they putting guests in the unrefurb rooms still or are they only placing guests in refurb rooms. Would love to get queen beds. Thinking if they are placing people in unrfurb rooms, a group of HS boys will be placed there although I guess I can always request a refurb room.

Thank you b

Wow....three strikes....guess Pirate rooms are a "no". Thanks :)

they are also the farthest section from the main pool and foodcourt, and the last stop for many of the buses...the reason they created the Pirate rooms there was to make them special in some way to make up for all the negatives with that section.

Hi.

Im the organizer for a group of 25 that will be arriving on March 21 for my ds HS baseball team playing at WWoS.

Are they putting guests in the unrefurb rooms still or are they only placing guests in refurb rooms. Would love to get queen beds. Thinking if they are placing people in unrfurb rooms, a group of HS boys will be placed there although I guess I can always request a refurb room.

Thank you b

Yes, they are still using the non-refurbed rooms.

I honestly think by your trip, there won't be any non-preferred, non-pirate rooms that haven't been refurbed...so unless you asked for either of those, you should be fine. In fact, based on where they are, I am not sure that they have any standard rooms left unrefurbed.

Awesome job, Lisa! I've popped in several times already just to look through all the pics and fuel my excitement!

Could you kindly add us to the roll call list for Feb 21-27?

Also, last thread someone offered to snap pics for anyone with questions. DD heard about a meal that comes in a beach bucket and is obsessing over it. Anyone have a pic if this or confirm they still do this? If not, I'll need to let her down gently, or maybe pull a bait n switch with a bucket we bring from home :-)

I'm just trying to catch up on this thread, so maybe your question has already been answered, but my DD got a kids meal in a bucket with a shovel at one of the water parks - I think Blizzard Beach. Have a great time!

Forgot to post my travel dates. Staying May 5th - 12th

Sorry that I missed your dates. I'll add them now. This is exactly why I post that I've updated the list....it's so easy to miss somebody and I want ya'll to let me know if I did miss you.

We're booked for 4/3-4/10 Standard View. With two teenagers we really need a refurbished room with the queen beds which I have requested. Will this be a problem?

Your odds of having a newly refurbished room are greatly in your favor. All of Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados are completely redone and they are all standard rooms. They are currently working on the Martinique standard room buildings so you more than likely will get a "new" room.

Hi! We are looking to possibly book the pirate rooms. My questions are:

1. Have they all been recently refurbed?
2. Is there a drop down bed like in the other non pirate refurbed rooms?
3. Are the pirate ship beds queen?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Wow....three strikes....guess Pirate rooms are a "no". Thanks :)

The rooms have not been refurbed lately but work permits to refurb the rooms have been filed. Because they haven't been done yet, we have no idea if they are switching over to queen beds or if they will have a pull down bed.

If they had of had the pirate rooms when my son was younger, I would not have hestitated in booking one of the rooms. I've ventured over to Trinidad South many times on my picture taking walks and I didn't find the walk back to Old Port Royale to be that bad. As far as the bus route goes, if the buses come in from the side entrance, Trinidad South will be the last stop. If the buses use the front entrance, Trinidad South will be the fourth stop.

This is a great thread. I am still trying to catch up on it. Our trip is May 28th through June 7th and I am so excited. This will be our first time to stay on property.

I'm just trying to catch up on this thread, so maybe your question has already been answered, but my DD got a kids meal in a bucket with a shovel at one of the water parks - I think Blizzard Beach. Have a great time!

When we were there last September, my daughter got a meal in a bucket with a shovel at Old Port Royale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter