Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave on Feb 12…getting excited!

Random question….does anyone know if they sell apples/bananas at the food court (or anywhere else?) or are they only pre sliced in bags? I was looking at garden grocer delivery and apples are $1.29 each! Yikes! My daughter doesn't like the ones in the bags as they have a funky aftertaste.

Trying to decide if they are cheaper at CBR or I just need to suck it up and order ahead! Ditto for bananas at 49 cents a piece (somehow that seems like a better 'deal'!!)

We stayed in a room with the murphy bed in Nov. In the bathroom area there is a shelf about 5 feet long with hangers underneath. There are 2 large drawers under the murphy bed but they are not very deep drawers. There is a stand next to the murphy bed that has 2 large, deep drawers. 1 of the drawers in ours was filled with extra blankets but you could just take them out if you need the room. So all together there are 4 drawers and the hanging area.
Thank you much:). So there is no closet armoire in the Murphy bed rooms? It is so hard to tell from the pics:). Thanks again!!!

Hi all!
This will be our first time staying at CBR and very excited!! :cool1: (Stayed at POP last couple times).

Question-
I have autoimmune arthritis and get tired/sore easily. What would be your recommendation for the best room request location. I understand it is just a request and may not be honored.
I am set for how to tackle the parks, just do not want to be exhausted before I leave the gate.

Thanks much!! :thumbsup2

Thank you much:). So there is no closet armoire in the Murphy bed rooms? It is so hard to tell from the pics:). Thanks again!!!
No. We haven't stayed at CBR (yet!) but the new rooms are similar to POR, where we have stayed. I packed a hanging sweater bag to hang in the closet area for extra storage, as well as an over the door shoe organizer with clear pockets. (The shoe organizer goes with us on any long trip.) Those, plus using the hangers, the few drawers, and the shelf over the bar gave us enough storage. And we have five people.

And yes, there are fridges.

So I'm trying to add my kids to my reso through orbitz and they are saying they can't add my kids bc it's a max of 4 in the room. What a headache this is!! Already tried calling and now I'm trying through chat. They're still saying the same thing

Hey, y'all! :wave2:

We'll be staying at CBR for the first time ever November 17-29 for our 10th anniversary! It'll be myself, DH, and our 2 DS's (9 & 3 at time of travel)! We've always stayed in values, so I'm SO excited to stay at CBR!

We've flipped back and forth from AoA to POR, back to AoA, to ASSp, and we've finally settled on CBR! :yay:

So I'm trying to add my kids to my reso through orbitz and they are saying they can't add my kids bc it's a max of 4 in the room. What a headache this is!! Already tried calling and now I'm trying through chat. They're still saying the same thing

I reserved a room through orbitz last week, then used the chat feature and asked them to contact Disney to add the kids-(provide name and ages). orbitz needs to email the request to disney and may take up to 48 hours to get them added (added 3 kids). Got my email confirming 48 hours later and kids in MDE no problem (along with the longer disney confirmation code). Maybe you had a customer rep who didn't understand the rooms can now sleep 5?

We leave on Feb 12…getting excited!

Random question….does anyone know if they sell apples/bananas at the food court (or anywhere else?) or are they only pre sliced in bags? I was looking at garden grocer delivery and apples are $1.29 each! Yikes! My daughter doesn't like the ones in the bags as they have a funky aftertaste.

Trying to decide if they are cheaper at CBR or I just need to suck it up and order ahead! Ditto for bananas at 49 cents a piece (somehow that seems like a better 'deal'!!)

Hello! We will be there on the 15th until the 24th. It will be our 4th trip to CBR and I know you will love it! Yes, from our trip there a few years back we do remember fresh fruit! If you see some pale, upstate NY family of 3 enjoying the pool, say Hi! :)

Sorry, we have cancelled CBR. We are off to AKL in May. Good luck all.

I reserved a room through orbitz last week, then used the chat feature and asked them to contact Disney to add the kids-(provide name and ages). orbitz needs to email the request to disney and may take up to 48 hours to get them added (added 3 kids). Got my email confirming 48 hours later and kids in MDE no problem (along with the longer disney confirmation code). Maybe you had a customer rep who didn't understand the rooms can now sleep 5?
They said only standard rooms sleep 5 and that I need to cancel and rebook. I didn't bc nothing is avail for our dates now. We really need preferred bc my mom had knee surgery. I'm so worried about this now!!

They said only standard rooms sleep 5 and that I need to cancel and rebook. I didn't bc nothing is avail for our dates now. We really need preferred bc my mom had knee surgery. I'm so worried about this now!!
I've only seen one person report being able to book preferred for five. Aside from that everything I've seen says it's not possible yet.

Some blogs are reporting that the preferred rooms are being refurbed now and should be done soon(late february? March?) I'd keep trying:goodvibes

We will be staying at CBR AUG 13-21ST OUR FIRST TIME THERE AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYTHING.party:

Hello! We will be there on the 15th until the 24th. It will be our 4th trip to CBR and I know you will love it! Yes, from our trip there a few years back we do remember fresh fruit! If you see some pale, upstate NY family of 3 enjoying the pool, say Hi! :)

Lol! We are a pale upstate NY family of 5! We will be at CBR in December though.

Anyone there now, or recently back, that had a bounce back offer in the room? Just wondering what dates it covers and room only discount rates (if that applies). Heading down 2 weeks from Friday and hoping to bounce back in July/August. Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter