Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just switched our reservation from Pop to Caribbean Beach. I can't wait! We will be there Oct. 2-9.

Hopefully some of you read my post from a week ago... if you didn't here's the short story.

We booked two standard rooms, guaranteed connecting because we have more kids than adults (wife and I and 3 kids under 11). We get there last Sunday and the girl at the check-in says we couldn't honor any of your requests (faxed and on-line) but we were able to UPGRADE you... two PIRATE ROOMS.

I didn't want Pirate rooms and quite frankly I was upset and was pretty snotty with the girl. I told her that Pirate rooms were not an upgrade in my eyes and that I wanted what I booked. They offered non-connecting preferred rooms but we'd have to pay more... we didn't think we should pay and we wanted connecting rooms.

All said and done we asked for a manager and he got us connecting rooms in Aruba 54.

My question is has anybody else been 'upgraded' to something that you didn't want? I seriously feel like those Pirate rooms nice for someone that really likes pirates but otherwise there is ZERO allure for me. The beds are uncomfortable and it's too far from OPR.

Has anybody ever requested/demanded NOT being in a Pirate room? What if my kids were deathly afraid of pirates?

All in all we had another (our 6th in 6 years) nice stay at CBR, just the fight to get what we booked at check-in.

Oh we did have magic band issues with our rooms. They didn't work at all, then just the kids worked, then just my wife and mine.. at no point did all 5 open the rooms and you all know how the kids like to open the doors.

I'm so glad CBR management made things right for you. Another reason we love CBR so much, any time we've had to deal with management they have come through big time. At other WDW resorts, not so much.

First stay at Beach Club, were "guaranteed" connecting rooms due to having more kids than adults just like you. Arrive and not only are our rooms not connecting, they were on complete opposite ends of the resort. Wasted 3 hours at the front desk and in the manager's office and no dice. My wife and I had to split up, me and 3 kids in one room and my wife and 2 kids in the other. We were able to get connecting rooms on day 5 of our 7 night stay.

Another time staying at POFQ, again was "guaranteed" connecting rooms and this time our rooms were in 2 different buildings. At least POFQ is a smaller resort but it was a pain to not even be in the same building. Again spent hours with the manager. This time on day 3 of our 5 night stay, we were able to get rooms in the same building but on different floors.

One stay at POR we paid for preferred and when we checked in and got our room, the CM made no mention of the fact that our room was actually a standard view in a non-preferred building. Not until I was talking to another guest at the pool did we find this out. Went to the front desk and had to argue a bit to get the extra $$ for a preferred room refunded.

I try to warn people all the time on the DIS when they say their connecting rooms are guaranteed that they really aren't. I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to make sure people know that, as mickeystoontown stated, if you read the fine print the only thing your reservation guarantees is A room on WDW property. It doesn't matter one bit what you booked or paid for.

We are staying Oct 25-November 1. We are family of four boys ages 14 and 6 and they will not sleep together. We requested a murphy bed. What are the chances we will get what we asked for? What do I need to do a couple weeks leading up to our trip to ensure we get this?

We are staying Oct 25-November 1. We are family of four boys ages 14 and 6 and they will not sleep together. We requested a murphy bed. What are the chances we will get what we asked for? What do I need to do a couple weeks leading up to our trip to ensure we get this?

It depends on how many parties with 5 have booked during your stay as they will get priority for the murphy bed rooms.

Your best bet is to call and have that request added to your reservation. Then about a week out call the reservations line and ask the CM to read back any requests noted on your reservation. If the request is not noted, then add it. And then call the next day and again ask to have the CM read any requests noted on your reservation.

Then when you check in, reiterate your request and let the CM know you are willing to wait for a murphy bed room to become available that day.

We get there in 10 days!! We've paid for a preferred room, so highly unlikely we will get a refurbed room :sad:

Coming to join everyone! :wave2:

We just booked for May 9th - 15th. It'll be me, DH and DD. Never stayed here so I'm reading everything I can. So looking forward to our stay!

I dropped by yesterday and building 24 is almost done. Some rooms are finished, others still need their coffeemakers plugged in and hangars put in the closet. I'd expect it to be habitable within the week.

25 and 26 are under construction. Don't know when they started, but they should be done by the end of February, perhaps sooner.

I dropped by yesterday and building 24 is almost done. Some rooms are finished, others still need their coffeemakers plugged in and hangars put in the closet. I'd expect it to be habitable within the week.

25 and 26 are under construction. Don't know when they started, but they should be done by the end of February, perhaps sooner.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been obsessing about this. I have no desire to stay at this resort without a preferred room, and I really don't see us in double beds. My son picked this for his birthday/spring break trip beginning March 28. I was hoping most of it would be done by the time we got there to increase our chances at a refurbished room. I was getting worried when I saw the lack of updates coming in. I really appreciate your taking time to post.

Glad to read this! Although we're not staying until the end of May, I have requested building 25 or 26 :goodvibes

Thank you so very much for checking in and giving us a progress report. It's other Disers that we rely on for updated information. If you get a chance (please don't take a lot of time away from your vacation), do you mind asking a castmember if they know when they'll be finished with the renovations? Thank you in advance! Continue having a great trip!
I spoke to a cast member at the Custom House this morning. Building 24 in Martinique is completed and they expect to open them up perhaps as early as this Sunday. Buildings 25 and 26 are expected to be completed within 10 days to 2 weeks. We leave tomorrow so please let me know if you have any further questions. I'll try to remember to write an overall review when we get back to snowy Massachusetts but overall we liked the resort! Thank you to everyone who contributed with the very helpful information!

I spoke to a cast member at the Custom House this morning. Building 24 in Martinique is completed and they expect to open them up perhaps as early as this Sunday. Buildings 25 and 26 are expected to be completed within 10 days to 2 weeks. We leave tomorrow so please let me know if you have any further questions. I'll try to remember to write an overall review when we get back to snowy Massachusetts but overall we liked the resort! Thank you to everyone who contributed with the very helpful information!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the update!

Thanks so very much for the update! I appreciate you taking the time to check out the refurband reporting back to us.

Yay! Excellent news! Thanks for that - we're literally one calendar month away from our trip and I was beginning to get a bit jittery about timings.

:cool1:

Just wanted to say that I am very happy to see "dansdad" is back!

Thank you to Mickeystoontown & dansdad. You both are so helpful & informative on this thread.

I have a quick question for all of those who have stayed at caribbean beach;). We are staying for our first time in August as rooms for five allow us to do so now:) yay!! Anyway I was just wondering how much storage there is in the rooms? From the pictures it doesn't look like there is very much? No shelf with hangers underneath? Where do you store your things? Thank you for any information:)

I have a quick question for all of those who have stayed at caribbean beach;). We are staying for our first time in August as rooms for five allow us to do so now:) yay!! Anyway I was just wondering how much storage there is in the rooms? From the pictures it doesn't look like there is very much? No shelf with hangers underneath? Where do you store your things? Thank you for any information:)

We stayed in a room with the murphy bed in Nov. In the bathroom area there is a shelf about 5 feet long with hangers underneath. There are 2 large drawers under the murphy bed but they are not very deep drawers. There is a stand next to the murphy bed that has 2 large, deep drawers. 1 of the drawers in ours was filled with extra blankets but you could just take them out if you need the room. So all together there are 4 drawers and the hanging area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter