Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave on Feb 12…getting excited!

Random question….does anyone know if they sell apples/bananas at the food court (or anywhere else?) or are they only pre sliced in bags? I was looking at garden grocer delivery and apples are $1.29 each! Yikes! My daughter doesn't like the ones in the bags as they have a funky aftertaste.

Trying to decide if they are cheaper at CBR or I just need to suck it up and order ahead! Ditto for bananas at 49 cents a piece (somehow that seems like a better 'deal'!!)

They do sell fresh fruit in the grab n go section of the food court. I am not sure what the price though. Maybe someone else can chim in and post the cost.

The Beach Bum Roll Call has been updated as of this a.m. The "new" Dis is a little hard for me to catch on to so if I missed your dates, please give me a shout so I can get you added.

They said only standard rooms sleep 5 and that I need to cancel and rebook. I didn't bc nothing is avail for our dates now. We really need preferred bc my mom had knee surgery. I'm so worried about this now!!

Well, I'm pretty sure being in a preferred room means that you are close to the main building. Maybe you could book a standard room in close proximity to a bus depot so your mom can take a bus to the main building if need be?

We will be there april 6-12! Slowly making my way through the thread :) thanks for all of the wonderful information!

Can you add me to the roll call, July 11th-20th? We stayed at CBR last July with my family and loved it. This year we are bringing our music group, 15 rooms and 57 people. It's our 3rd group trip and we can't wait.

Hello!
We want to try a new resort and are looking into Caribbean beach due to the awesome pools and the new renovations. I am a little worried about the bus though. We have always stayed where we are the only or first bus stop. Which building here would make us near the first stop? We have a large BOB stroller and want to make sure we get on the bus. I was also wondering if this ever matters because when the bus comes will people already be on it for later stops. This is my only hesitation about being at CBR, the amount of bus stops. Can someone calm my thoughts? We are looking at the week of Nov 8.

Also is the wait time usually reasonable. When we were there in the fall, we caught a bus from AK to CBR to just see it and to get to DTD and it took forever for a bus to come.

Hello!
We want to try a new resort and are looking into Caribbean beach due to the awesome pools and the new renovations. I am a little worried about the bus though. We have always stayed where we are the only or first bus stop. Which building here would make us near the first stop? We have a large BOB stroller and want to make sure we get on the bus. I was also wondering if this ever matters because when the bus comes will people already be on it for later stops. This is my only hesitation about being at CBR, the amount of bus stops. Can someone calm my thoughts? We are looking at the week of Nov 8.

Also is the wait time usually reasonable. When we were there in the fall, we caught a bus from AK to CBR to just see it and to get to DTD and it took forever for a bus to come.

In all the times we've stayed at CBR the DTD buses were always the unpredictable ones. I seems to take a long time for one to finally come along and it's the same coming back from DTD. Fortunately the buses to the parks are much better, or at least it seemed to us.

Hello!

Okay...my knowledge of the buses at CBR are that depending on which park you come from depends on which stop is first. If you are coming in through the main entrance Martinique would be the first stop, followed by OPR, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba, and then ending at Barbados (I might be missing some stops but it goes in this order). If you come in through the side entrance near Jamaica, the first stop is Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad.

It's been a while since I've actually taken the buses as we rent a car, but this has been my observation. So you're best bets for being first on the bus (if things are still the same) would be a Jamaica room or Martinique room, but it would only work for 1/2 the time. And, like you said, you need to keep in mind that if it isn't first thing, there would most likely be people on the bus riding to villages past you.

Okay...my knowledge of the buses at CBR are that depending on which park you come from depends on which stop is first. If you are coming in through the main entrance Martinique would be the first stop, followed by OPR, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba, and then ending at Barbados (I might be missing some stops but it goes in this order). If you come in through the side entrance near Jamaica, the first stop is Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad.

It's been a while since I've actually taken the buses as we rent a car, but this has been my observation. So you're best bets for being first on the bus (if things are still the same) would be a Jamaica room or Martinique room, but it would only work for 1/2 the time. And, like you said, you need to keep in mind that if it isn't first thing, there would most likely be people on the bus riding to villages past you.

In our experience, this has generally been the bus route but in November, the resort was near capacity and we often filled buses by stop 3 or 4 and would head straight to the park. I'd suspect another bus would come and pick up those at stops 5-7. In these instances, which were frequent for us, I think the patterns would deviate. Generally speaking, whenever we got on at our stop in Jamaica, we got a seat but had to stand whenever we got on at the OPR stop.

Thanks for the bus answers! My husband just gets so frustrated with the stroller but I think the girls still need it!

Thanks for the bus answers! My husband just gets so frustrated with the stroller but I think the girls still need it!
How about if you play it by ear and rent a stroller in the parks if you feel you need it? That way you don't need to haul it on the bus.

OK, so with the new "look" Dis Boards, and the fact that I can post a pic without using a third party:cool1:, I wanted to post a picture of my favorite...and pretty much only resort. This is random I know, but I just had to try.
Lighthouse.jpg

Thanks!

We arrived on Sunday. Our first day was a nightmare.

I did online checkin and requested Aruba or Jamaica and connecting rooms. I also faces additional requests about a week before, requestin a building closer to the bridge so we don't have a long walk with the kids. I know requests are just that, requests.

Well upon arrival we were "upgraded" to a pirate rooms, not even connecting. We asked for a change and 45+ mins later they tell us they're full and have no rooms for us. They've moved us to port Orleans riverside. It took over two hours since getting off DME at CBR before even stepped foot on the new resort.

We told the checkin that this "upgrade" was not an upgrade. The manager is trying to make it right and has given us a 100 credit on each room.

I'm very disappointed at CBR and how the check in CM handled us. She didn't undertand why we didn't want the pirate rooms because they were the most expensive on the resort. My mom was trying to get an explanation how we booked over 6 months ago and we were not given anything close to what we had booked or requested and out the furthest from everything while they have accommodated large cheerleading groups. The Cm brushed us off and told her manager to "deal with us" and walked away. We were upset but by no means yelling or making a scene.

We were sent to port Orleans riverside and we are having a wonderful stay and time here and all of the cm here have been amazing.

How about if you play it by ear and rent a stroller in the parks if you feel you need it? That way you don't need to haul it on the bus.

I've never tried to rent a stroller, but it's my understanding you pretty much need to be there at or near rope drop to get one. I've read they go fast, and that may not be a chance OP is willing to take.

We arrived on Sunday. Our first day was a nightmare.

I did online checkin and requested Aruba or Jamaica and connecting rooms. I also faces additional requests about a week before, requestin a building closer to the bridge so we don't have a long walk with the kids. I know requests are just that, requests.

Well upon arrival we were "upgraded" to a pirate rooms, not even connecting. We asked for a change and 45+ mins later they tell us they're full and have no rooms for us. They've moved us to port Orleans riverside. It took over two hours since getting off DME at CBR before even stepped foot on the new resort.

We told the checkin that this "upgrade" was not an upgrade. The manager is trying to make it right and has given us a 100 credit on each room.

I'm very disappointed at CBR and how the check in CM handled us. She didn't undertand why we didn't want the pirate rooms because they were the most expensive on the resort. My mom was trying to get an explanation how we booked over 6 months ago and we were not given anything close to what we had booked or requested and out the furthest from everything while they have accommodated large cheerleading groups. The Cm brushed us off and told her manager to "deal with us" and walked away. We were upset but by no means yelling or making a scene.

We were sent to port Orleans riverside and we are having a wonderful stay and time here and all of the cm here have been amazing.

Sorry about your poor experience. IMO, after our CBR stay in November, your being switched to POR may be a blessing. Ironically, someone I know arrived at CBR Sunday as well, and was given a fully handicap accessible king room. Apparently, since it's fully accessible, they had no bathroom counter space and very little storage - several little things that caused them to be unhappy with the room. They complained and were also told the resort was full and they could be moved to another room but would have to switch rooms again mid-week. They were told a large youth group was arriving later this week, and they needed to keep their block of rooms together so children were roomed near their chaperons. After some persistence, they were upgraded to AKL. They can see animals from their balcony, so maybe a savannah view room? Either way, they really made out on it.

I'm sorry if this is asked a million times. I have tried finding the answer, but with the extensiveness of the thread I figured asking might be quicker. With the renos being done are they planning to upgrade the preferred rooms? I called about booking CBR for the pull down, but the only thing available, with our military discount, was Preferred and they "couldn't guarantee me a pull down bed in that category". Is this because renovations are not complete? I would save $500 staying here vs. Wilderness Lodge, but would like two beds for my kids. (They are 10 years apart and the oldest does not like to share a bed.) We have stayed in a pirate room before with just the oldest and loved it, and CBR, but I swore I would never do double beds again! Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm sorry if this is asked a million times. I have tried finding the answer, but with the extensiveness of the thread I figured asking might be quicker. With the renos being done are they planning to upgrade the preferred rooms? I called about booking CBR for the pull down, but the only thing available, with our military discount, was Preferred and they "couldn't guarantee me a pull down bed in that category". Is this because renovations are not complete? I would save $500 staying here vs. Wilderness Lodge, but would like two beds for my kids. (They are 10 years apart and the oldest does not like to share a bed.) We have stayed in a pirate room before with just the oldest and loved it, and CBR, but I swore I would never do double beds again! Thanks in advance for the help!

No need to look over the entire thread, post #1 has the most updated info on the progress of the room rehab. The 01-20-15 update states they have completed Martinique 24. Martinique 25 and 26 should be completed by now. That only leaves Trinidad North 31, 32 and 33 and all the preferred buildings will be completed. They are not opening up bookings of the Preferred rooms for parties of 5 until all the Preferred rooms are completed. But you can request preferred until that point.

No need to look over the entire thread, post #1 has the most updated info on the progress of the room rehab. The 01-20-15 update states they have completed Martinique 24. Martinique 25 and 26 should be completed by now. That only leaves Trinidad North 31, 32 and 33 and all the preferred buildings will be completed. They are not opening up bookings of the Preferred rooms for parties of 5 until all the Preferred rooms are completed. But you can request preferred until that point.

Thank you! I had just picked up reading from where I was last. Clearly I made a wrong choice there! We can book a room for 4 as our youngest is only 1, but would prefer the drop down bed. Sounds like it would be a possibility to request one of these rooms, just not a guarantee. Thank you again for the info!

I just saw that a family of 5 can now stay here with the trundle bed. I'm so excited to see they have redone the rooms. We stayed there 3 years ago and just loved it.

Can't wait to book for 2016. I think the cruise will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter