Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me if a rollaway bed can be rented? My son is staying here for his Sr trip & I was curious? Not sure if these rooms could accommodate one? Thx

I don't have firsthand experience, but reports from the Pop Century thread (with rooms the same size) indicate that yes, a rollaway can be provided. (People tend to go back and forth on whether they really are or are not available.)

Can anyone tell me if a rollaway bed can be rented? My son is staying here for his Sr trip & I was curious? Not sure if these rooms could accommodate one? Thx

There are not that many to be had, and they are handed out on a first come, first served basis. You cannot reserve on ahead of time. There is also an additional charge, I think $25 a night.

There are not that many to be had, and they are handed out on a first come, first served basis. You cannot reserve on ahead of time. There is also an additional charge, I think $25 a night.

Thank you!

Going to be staying here in mid-August, DW and I are driving from TX with our toddler, and my parents are flying down from NY (incredibly, it's cheaper for both of them to fly than it is for either one of us to fly... $400+ for each of us compared to $300-something for my mom and dad together... but I digress)
Since we're driving, I'm seriously debating plowing straight thru to Disney instead of stopping somewhere for the night (its an 18+ hour drive including pit stops for gas/food/potty breaks). My question: how early can we check into our rooms? I know we can 'pre-check in' before we leave the house, but is there a time that they consider too early to check in? Can I tell them we'll be there around 9am and have the room ready then? I know I'll be needing the downtime. I'd rather not pay $50-$70 for one night at a motel and not get any sleep because we had to wake a sleeping toddler to move him from the car if I can check in the following morning and just sleep for a bit at the resort.

Going to be staying here in mid-August, DW and I are driving from TX with our toddler, and my parents are flying down from NY (incredibly, it's cheaper for both of them to fly than it is for either one of us to fly... $400+ for each of us compared to $300-something for my mom and dad together... but I digress)
Since we're driving, I'm seriously debating plowing straight thru to Disney instead of stopping somewhere for the night (its an 18+ hour drive including pit stops for gas/food/potty breaks). My question: how early can we check into our rooms? I know we can 'pre-check in' before we leave the house, but is there a time that they consider too early to check in? Can I tell them we'll be there around 9am and have the room ready then? I know I'll be needing the downtime. I'd rather not pay $50-$70 for one night at a motel and not get any sleep because we had to wake a sleeping toddler to move him from the car if I can check in the following morning and just sleep for a bit at the resort.

You can check in when you arrive. Tell them you are not fussy about location and would take any room they have ready. Hopefully they will have a room but there are no guarantees.

You can check in when you arrive. Tell them you are not fussy about location and would take any room they have ready. Hopefully they will have a room but there are no guarantees.

:thumbsup2I've checked in as early as 7am and had my room ready at an All-Star (Movies?). This was pre-online check in and our only request had been Fantasia section. I've also had my room ready in the morning at Sports late morning with just a section (baseball) request.

I know that when I checked in on-line last year for POP, I could put in requests, or I could check the box that said room ready on arrival. I checked that box. We were arriving around 10am by car and they had a room ready for us. Not sure if that box is an option for Sports as I've only done on-line for POP.

If you hate the location, you can always request a change. But, it was so nice having a room ready upon arrival!

I just changed my POR reservation to ASp and save $700. I'm a bit nervous about going from Mod to Val (Queen to Double beds mostly) but the savings almost pays for our food.

My 2 boys and I will be there for 9 nights over July 4th week...please someone tell me I did the smart thing. :confused3

I just changed my POR reservation to ASp and save $700. I'm a bit nervous about going from Mod to Val (Queen to Double beds mostly) but the savings almost pays for our food.

My 2 boys and I will be there for 9 nights over July 4th week...please someone tell me I did the smart thing. :confused3

$700 is a LOT of money. I'd enjoy Sports and not worry too much about it.
Have a great trip! :wizard:

I just changed my POR reservation to ASp and save $700. I'm a bit nervous about going from Mod to Val (Queen to Double beds mostly) but the savings almost pays for our food. My 2 boys and I will be there for 9 nights over July 4th week...please someone tell me I did the smart thing. :confused3

We did the same thing. I think it's worth it. We will be spending a lot of time resting in the afternoon with DS5 and DS2 so a bigger room would have been nice but switching to value allowed us to get the dining plan. I'd rather have a smaller room and not feel guilty about getting extra snacks. :)

We did the same thing. I think it's worth it. We will be spending a lot of time resting in the afternoon with DS5 and DS2 so a bigger room would have been nice but switching to value allowed us to get the dining plan. I'd rather have a smaller room and not feel guilty about getting extra snacks. :)

I'm with you. I downgraded one time from the Beach Club to the All star Music, as they offered Free Dining. And the Music with dining, even upgraded to the regular dining plan, was cheaper than room only at the Beach Club. Even though I had booked the Beach Club with a bounceback discount.

I've stayed at both. They are very different atmospheres. 9 times out of 10, I go for the cheapest option. So, yes, I think it is worth it. :thumbsup2

The two biggest complaints I hear about values are it was too noisy and the food court was too crowded.

As far as noise: This can really happen anywhere if you get bad neighbors. If your room is in a location that isn't working for you, ask to be moved! I hear of people who suffered all week with awful neighbors and I don't know why.:confused3 Or, if you end up with a room with a noisy view such as near the pool, again, you can ask to be moved.

Food court: All food courts (including mods and deluxes) are crowded at certain times of the day. Don't expect to show up at prime meal times and not have any wait. Plan accordingly. We like to grab pastries and fruit the night before and eat breakfast in our room. But, we are not big breakfast people.

As far as beds go, we are at the point where our boys are too big to comfortably share a double bed and DH and I don't care for it either. We are going this December and plan on two value rooms so each of the boys can have their own bed and DD and I will share.
I think it depends on the type of sleepers you have. DH snores, DS18 is about 6'4" and moves a bit, and DS15 moves around like a jumping bean so nobody wants to share with them. DD and I sleep just fine sharing with each other. :)

Hi all, we will be arriving the 24th for the cheerleading worlds and I was wondering if anyone would know if theres an outlet under the window? I have sm lights im bring to dress up the window..
Thanks so much:goodvibes

Absolutely did the right thing:thumbsup2
700 dollars is a nice savings. How old are your boys? If they are younger they can share a bed while you get your own as well.
Have a great trip and I am sure you wont be disappointed:)

Disney's All-Star Sports resort opened 20 years ago today, April 29th, 1994. :thumbsup2

https://twitter.com/WaltDisneyWorld/status/461149186650435584

BmZUvd4CYAAvtMD.jpg

I read somewhere that another cheerleading group arrives this Thursday.
Anyone know if this is true? :confused3

I arrive on Saturday.
Can't wait! :hyper:

See you all at the pool bar! ;)

:drinking:

Hello! I just got my vacation time approved for a November trip and asking my son and mother which All-Star they wanted they both picked sports. We have stayed at POP twice before and like it, but I wanted to try somewhere new but we don't spend enough time at the resort to justify staying anywhere but value. Just popping in to say Hi and read up in this resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter