Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Any recent room pics since the refurb? How's the newly refurbed food court? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Haven't seen any room pics recently. But the new food court has gotten rave reviews by Disney Food Blog and a couple other sites.

How's the newly refurbed food court? :-)

I really like the new End Zone food court. It's really pleasant, bright, and open. It looks terrific. The beverage area is easy to use. Actually didn't have all that much food there other than breakfasts (which were all good), although I had my eye on someone's London Broil entree that looked fantastic.

Do the All Stars have any way to take you to your room with your luggage upon check in? We wouldn't be getting in until 1:30am or so... :-/

How busy is it here in June and July with student groups?

There are often large groups at Disney from South America as it's their winter. However, I do not know which resorts they generally stay at.

There are often large groups at Disney from South America as it's their winter. However, I do not know which resorts they generally stay at.

In 2012, a few Brazilian tour groups were at POR when we were there at the end of July beginning of August. They were gone toward the end of our stay. Last year, at the beginning of August, I saw independent Brazilians at Sports. I don't know if they were part of a group or how long they were there after the first few days into August.

They don't have the airline baggage check desk at the resort, right?

Also, if you have a late flight out, where do you leave your bags if you're going to go to a park or have an ADR, etc. after check-out?

Koh1977 said:
They don't have the airline baggage check desk at the resort, right?

All Disney resorts have an RAC desk.

Koh1977 said:
Also, if you have a late flight out, where do you leave your bags if you're going to go to a park or have an ADR, etc. after check-out?

We check our checked bags with the RAC and leave our carry on bags with luggage services.

Just got back.

Some good and some bad. An Average stay for the most part.

The new food court was pretty good. Had two meals there.

I had the turkey (very moist and tender, sliced so not the processed turkey loaf stuff you get sometimes in resturants) with 2 sides (I got mashed potatoes which were skin on red potatoes, they were really good even though I couldnt' get the gravy and corn, which was also pretty good) and instead of the roll I had a slice of gluten free bread.

I also had a kids portion of gluten free pasta with butter. The wheat free toppings were the marinara or the pesto which I don't like. They put way too much butter, as in the butter was actually sloshing around, but the actual pasta was done well cause rice based pastas can go soggy real fast. Due to being a kids portion I also got the standard sides so a bag of sliced apples and baby carrots came with it.

I did not get a refillable mug as I had starbucks iced via packs in the room and I bought milk. I do not drink much soda (I had one on the trip that came with my lunch on the KTTK Tour). Buying a mug was just not worth it. I did take a large Nalgene bottle and refilled it every day to keep in the fridge in my room. I also had the small bottle I carried everyday in the park and often filled it with ice and water. Tasted fine and never had a problem filling it at the RFID fountain. I also got hot water my first morning.

Buses were fine and on the 3 days I spent in the parks and DTD I only shared twice. Once on the way to DHS at 4 in the afternoon, and coming back from DTD on Tuesday night around 7pm.

It was pretty crowded in the parks and the resort. Parks because of Mardi Gras (I was one of the few people not dressed in purple/green/gold). There were a few senior trip groups at sports but they were pretty well behaved for the most part, well as well behaved as seniors away from their parents ever are. The resort had about a million teen age girls. (there was a huge dance championship, I saw about a dozen huge trophies being carted around). The pool was crazy. Like you couldn't walk around it because every chair and every flat surface of concrete were covered with bikini clad teenager girls sunbathing. But they were very well behaved and I never heard them. There were also on my next to last day the arrival of a huge group of teenage boys (sports team?) bet they were thrilled with the view at the pool. ;) I don't mind teenagers. As long as they aren't being totally obnoxious a little noise or exuberance is expected and amusing for the most part.

My room was fine except for 1 thing, well the same thing two times actually. In both instances long dark hair (I have short lightbrown hair) a couple in the tub and one on the back of the chair at the table. Beds were firm, very firm. But I like firm. Other than the random hair the room was clean. I did not get maid service except for one day mid trip to replace my towels. They were trimming trees in my 'courtyard' one afternoon.

I paid for a preferred room and as luck would have it I was about as far away as you could get and still be preferred. I was on the first floor on the side of the T facing the next building two entries from the end. I think I asked for first floor and close to transportation/main building.

I probably wouldn't have cared except with the hallway through the main building being closed completely you had to walk to the building then all the away the end of the building and around then along the front to get to the buses, the gift shop, or the front desk. Then if you also needed to go to the food court you had to come all the way back around the building then to the other side of the back of the building to go into the pool entrance of the food court. Not huge distances unless you had to get off the bus, go to your room, get something then go to the front desk, then back out and to the food court, or various scenarios like that which I seemed to have to do repeatedly. (okay really it was just one of the repeat trips that ended my patience with the extra walking. After getting off the bus doing the end run to get back to my room only to find my MB didn't work I walked to the elevator to call up for someone to open my door, they wanted me to walk back up even though I explained that I was already going to have to walk back up again after I got in my room because I need to apply some gift cards in my room to my bill and at that point 2-3 round trips were more than I was willing to take, and they did eventually agree to send someone to get me in the room so I only have to make the trip twice.) It was not awful but it was annoying, very annoying.

The food court managers were great for the two meals I ate there, the front desk was good for the most part, and the pool entertainment were very enthusiastic.

In all it was probably next to last of my experience at a WDW resort, but it was still better then some of my experiences at bargin hotels in the real world.

I don't know that I'd go back to Sports. It may have been that this was the longest I ever stayed at a value (5days/4nights), or just the combination of paying more and really not getting much benefit over a standard room with the extra walking. I think I prefer Music as far as values go. That being said I would not say for sure I'd never go back, just that I would prefer to stay at the PO on moderate level or Music at value.

However I still would do Sports again before AoA/POP.

They do have a RAC unfortunately for the second time in a row there was some problem and they couldn't check me in. (in October it was because I had Southwest and AirTran flights). I made sure I only had Southwest flights this time but they still came up with an 'error' when they tried to check in my luggage. I was not happy but that was really Magical Express and had nothing to do with the actual resort (it was however a crap ending to a stay that was a little less then magical).

I don't know if anyone else has booked or seen this room type yet, but we booked a 1 king 1double bed room at Sports for our vacation in May, I had never heard of this room type before so I triple checked to make sure it was legit and it is so Great!

But, how cramped is this room going to be, how do they fit those two bed types in the same room?

Does anyone have any info?

I don't know if anyone else has booked or seen this room type yet, but we booked a 1 king 1double bed room at Sports for our vacation in May, I had never heard of this room type before so I triple checked to make sure it was legit and it is so Great!

But, how cramped is this room going to be, how do they fit those two bed types in the same room?

That's a new one. I've actually stayed in a room setup like this in the real world and it's real nice for groups of three where there is a couple and a single or families. Bet there are a lot of moms and dads that would spring for this.

The only problem that I would see is that when the mods went up to two queens they are really close together and the bed closest to the wall was tight, like walk sideways tight. In a smaller room like a value I can't imagine the loss of walking space. Maybe they'll stick the double against a wall?:confused3

Who did you get to verify it? Most king rooms in values are ONLY a King, and on occasion, they have accidentally booked a family in a room with one King, even though they are not allowed to use it.
Not to mention, they don't know when you book what room you'll be in.
I've never seen this option on the Disney site.
So, all in all, I find this suspicious (as in, I think the people you spoke to don't know for sure).
If you do indeed get one, report back so we all have current info!

I don't know if anyone else has booked or seen this room type yet, but we booked a 1 king 1double bed room at Sports for our vacation in May, I had never heard of this room type before so I triple checked to make sure it was legit and it is so Great! But, how cramped is this room going to be, how do they fit those two bed types in the same room? Does anyone have any info?

I was under the impression that they were the handicapped accessible rooms that could possibly have that configuration? And was it a book able configuration or did you just request it?

How busy is the main pool in the afternoons during the summer? What about the "quiet" pool?

How early do the buses start running? (I.e. to MK for an early morning ADR at the Contemporary) or how much would a taxi be?

How early do the buses start running? (I.e. to MK for an early morning ADR at the Contemporary) or how much would a taxi be?

Buses usually start running an hour before park opening. I don't know that there is anywhere on property that runs over $20 start to finish. So if the park opens at 8am then the first buses would run around 7am.

Buses usually start running an hour before park opening. I don't know that there is anywhere on property that runs over $20 start to finish. So if the park opens at 8am then the first buses would run around 7am.

Someone told me that they actually start earlier than an hour before. I am in the same boat because we have an ADR at CP for 8:05. I'm going to check with a CM upon check-in but we will have our car if it's an issue. It was either Robo or Mesaboy that told me 6:30 am is when they start so I trust their responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter