Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Hi ! I was planning on staying at All-Star Movies, but seems that I will be switching to Sports to get FD in September. BF is a big football fan, so I would love to stay in the Touchdown! section, but was wondering if there are any King beds in that area ? Sorry if this has been asked before :)

Where is the best place to get groceries when staying at ASSp? We will have our car, so we can drive somewhere.

TIA!

Hi ! I was planning on staying at All-Star Movies, but seems that I will be switching to Sports to get FD in September. BF is a big football fan, so I would love to stay in the Touchdown! section, but was wondering if there are any King beds in that area ? Sorry if this has been asked before :)

i know the handicap rooms have the king bed.
the bathroom shower is a roll in which i didn't care for.

one time about 6 years back, they were out of the standard 2 bed rooms in the building i wanted.
they gave me the handicap room.
all of those room types are on ground floor.

i put off booking my room at sports this year.
long story.

finally did so on the day the visa package went public.
what a long wait i had to get through to set up my reservation.

Sept 30th, here i come!

I am so thrilled to see a couple of familiar names, Lustergirl and Macraven.

My husband has requested a Disney trip for his upcoming birthday so I am considering granting him his wish, if I am able.

I just had knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago and the recuperation has been much harder than I had thought so it is all up to how well I heal. It has to be better than I was before though.:thumbsup2

Last year was the first year in decades that we did not go to DW even once. Living in Florida is sort of like being at Disney all the time.:cool1:

I sure wish I could meet up with some of my old Dis board friends.:cheer2:

Slightly Goofy

Tuffy, our favorite place to shop when we are at Disney is to go down toward Crossroads, turn right, stay right and go on past Golden Corral and hit the Wal Mart. Look for a red sign instead of a blue one.

They have a very nice selection of Disney merchandise for much less than you find in the parks as well.

Have fun!

Slightly Goofy

Tuffy, our favorite place to shop when we are at Disney is to go down toward Crossroads, turn right, stay right and go on past Golden Corral and hit the Wal Mart. Look for a red sign instead of a blue one.

They have a very nice selection of Disney merchandise for much less than you find in the parks as well.

Have fun!

Slightly Goofy

Thanks!

I am so thrilled to see a couple of familiar names, Lustergirl and Macraven.

My husband has requested a Disney trip for his upcoming birthday so I am considering granting him his wish, if I am able.

I just had knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago and the recuperation has been much harder than I had thought so it is all up to how well I heal. It has to be better than I was before though.:thumbsup2

Last year was the first year in decades that we did not go to DW even once. Living in Florida is sort of like being at Disney all the time.:cool1:

I sure wish I could meet up with some of my old Dis board friends.:cheer2:

Slightly Goofy

Linda,

When do you plan on going?

Does ASSp have box fans you can request from housekeeping?

Also, I want to request to be in building 7 on the back side, away from the football field. How should I word my request? Just like that? Or is there better wording for me to put on my res?

TIA

Also, I want to request to be in building 7 on the back side, away from the football field. How should I word my request? Just like that? Or is there better wording for me to put on my res?

TIA

call and have that request added to your reservation.
the way you worded it is fine.

i have had that section before and it is beautiful and relatively quiet.
rooms i have had in TD back side were the 3rd room to the end that is nearest the food court.

Tuffy, the rooms have very good air conditioning however if you are like me and NEED some air blowing on your face etc. to sleep you might bring a small fan to put on the nightstand. That is what I do.

I will defer to Macraven as to what to request for the room as I actually prefer Touchdown in the front but then I cannot hear well and do enjoy hearing young folks having fun.:rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

Tuffy, the rooms have very good air conditioning however if you are like me and NEED some air blowing on your face etc. to sleep you might bring a small fan to put on the nightstand. That is what I do.

I will defer to Macraven as to what to request for the room as I actually prefer Touchdown in the front but then I cannot hear well and do enjoy hearing young folks having fun.:rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

Actually, I want the fan to use as white noise. I will sleep better with my kids in the room if I have a fan on to help drown out any noises. :) I had heard you could request them at POP (that's where my original res was for, but I just changed it to ASSp this week), so I thought I'd see if you could here as well.

If no one knows for sure, then I'll just pack a fan to bring. We're driving, so we'll have some room...although we're taking our little car to save on gas instead of our van...so we won't have tons of room.

Thanks!

Hey there Tuffy,

I totally forgot that is also why I like a fan, the white noise. If you go to the parks you might find that you get so worn out that you could sleep on the 50 yard line of the football field quite well but I think taking a small fan is the perfect solution.

I hope you all have a wonderful time and please know that you picked the best of the Values, in my opinion. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

Tuffy4God said:

TIA

I have a white noise app on my phone and tablet I sleep with every night that sounds like a fan. I switched to that and cut my electric bill down greatly!

So I went and did it: booked a solo trip for 11/17 - 11/21 and staying at AS Sports. Got the free dining promo and upgraded to the regular plan. I am going to enjoy myself and sit down to a nice meal everyday and have some drinks as well.

I was pricing out the dining plan options. The quick service is something like 41 dollars a day if I am correct? That is a lot of money to me as if you have two quick service meals a day that would total about 24 dollars for me, plus a snack and free resort mug. I would spend less a day than what this plan offers.

I decided to upgrade to the regular dining plan as you get a table service meal everyday. Those can be quite expensive depending on where you eat. Now to decide where to make my ADR'S at. Any suggestions?

I just changed our reservation for 7/30-8/9 from ASMu to ASSp, for fear of having an ASMu food court renovation during our stay! I haven't been to ASSp since 1996 and am wondering about any renovations going on right now? Saw a post about the main hallway being closed, is that still the case and do we know how long to expect that? Any info appreciated!!!

Lisa

I just changed our reservation for 7/30-8/9 from ASMu to ASSp, for fear of having an ASMu food court renovation during our stay! I haven't been to ASSp since 1996 and am wondering about any renovations going on right now? Saw a post about the main hallway being closed, is that still the case and do we know how long to expect that? Any info appreciated!!!

Lisa

Sports just had their Food Court redone last year. It opened back up in December. No other renos going on there.

Thanks dansdad, glad to hear it!

One other thing I've been curious about...the AS Food Court menu's seem to vary; for example, ASMu lists a cheesesteak sandwich and a mahi mahi sandwich, but they're not listed on the ASSp menu. I thought all of the AS's had the same menu?

Thanks, Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter