• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyQuest to close July 3rd, 2017

They've removed the create your own record area and have removed the area where you could create your own "doll" (Although I could never figure out how to actually get the thing I created. That was always weird for me) My son says that whole area in that corner is being removed so it seems like DQ might be around for a while and they might start to bring in something new. I think he knew what was going there, but I can't remember now. I will have to ask him.

Sounds like closure is coming up

Sounds like closure is coming up

Do you have some "inside information" or are you just speculating? I thought I read recently where they put in new furniture of machines, I forget but people were saying if they were installing new equipment, they must not be closing soon.

Actually sounds quite like the opposite. They were removing it in order to put something else in its place. I forgot to ask my son, but I am texting him now to find out what he said they were putting in that area.
NBA experience was supposed to go into DisneyQuest however that plan has fell through.

NBA experience was supposed to go into DisneyQuest however that plan has fell through.

No, that's not what we're talking about. Inside DQ, they are removing an area to put in something new. I cannot remember what my son said was coming to the area inside DQ that is being removed.

I'm shocked the NBA would go after this (I'm assuming they are paying a lot for this space and all the renovations) after how it went at Universal. Something like ESPN which covers all sports, or even football, I could see, but the NBA? I'm REALLY surprised (and I will not be going, can't stand basketball).

I'm betting Disney reduced the price for them b/c Disney Springs has not been as popular as expected...

No, that's not what we're talking about. Inside DQ, they are removing an area to put in something new. I cannot remember what my son said was coming to the area inside DQ that is being removed.

Well, it's probably obvious that for the next 5 months, that will be dead space, and I'd expect the facility to continue to degrade until July 3rd b/c there will be no incentive for Disney to put a penny into it...

Wonder what they do with all the games. I think a smaller, scaled down version could work over on the Boardwalk.

I'm shocked the NBA would go after this (I'm assuming they are paying a lot for this space and all the renovations) after how it went at Universal. Something like ESPN which covers all sports, or even football, I could see, but the NBA? I'm REALLY surprised (and I will not be going, can't stand basketball).
Well that's the thing that's surprised me too. Disney and the NBA were apparently in negotiations on who would foot the bill for this project. That is why we heard nothing for so long. Someone had to give in for this to move forward. I don't like the NBA myself but love college basketball, I'm sure I would check this out at least once.

I remain saddened that DisneyQuest never lived up to it's potential. I visited DQ Chicago in November of 2000, and while I had fun, I could see a dozen things they could do to enhance and improve the experience.
I think with some different direction and different effort, DQ would have been a destination and a franchise.

Alas, this is not meant to be.

Well then, that's sad :(

When my son reported they were doing interior work I was hopeful they decided to move forward with keeping Disney Quest.

I guess this is coming back due to "popular demand"... :sad2:

I'm honestly very disappointed and it won't get my $$

This must mean espn is really going "all in" on the NBA to carry/right the ship...

That's gonna be a bad decision longterm...but whatever.

Don't see the NBA thing at springs to be a big deal for Disney...but they're at the point where they need "something" and nobody else is knocking.

And disney is paying the NBA a fortune in blood money to keep epsn upright:..are you sure who's footing the bill for this?

It's disney either way.

Last edited:
I remain saddened that DisneyQuest never lived up to it's potential. I visited DQ Chicago in November of 2000, and while I had fun, I could see a dozen things they could do to enhance and improve the experience.
I think with some different direction and different effort, DQ would have been a destination and a franchise.

Alas, this is not meant to be.

They just never had a model that worked...

And tech has made a lot of the appeal obsolete...kids have phones and play app based games in realtime...

Won't believe it until July, heard this rumor way too many times over the past ten years to accept it this soon if that makes any sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter