Disney World for the first time! - March 2022 plans

We had our rapid tests just before dinner tonight, and the lab was pretty busy. We didn't get the email until around 8:30. And then it took me far too long to get the docs into Air Canada's system. I don't remember having any issues with document handling for WestJet when I went to Arizona last month. Is it that Air Canada's system is more advanced (therefore more complicated) or is it that it's just less user friendly?
:confused3

Anyway, the bags are mostly packed. I just need to put together my travel purse (smaller and more compact than my everyday bag). Last sleep before takeoff!

We had our rapid tests just before dinner tonight, and the lab was pretty busy. We didn't get the email until around 8:30. And then it took me far too long to get the docs into Air Canada's system. I don't remember having any issues with document handling for WestJet when I went to Arizona last month. Is it that Air Canada's system is more advanced (therefore more complicated) or is it that it's just less user friendly?
:confused3
It's Air Canada.
Here's their mottos:
Westjet: "Our Mission is to enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet's world."
Air Canada: ""Your world awaits."

Except someone at Air Canada thought it meant: "Make everyone in the world wait"
(Don't believe me? Look it up)
Anyway, the bags are mostly packed. I just need to put together my travel purse (smaller and more compact than my everyday bag). Last sleep before takeoff!
Have a great trip!!

Next part... tentative plans...

DAY 1 - Friday March 18
Get to the hotel, find dinner, go to bed

DAY 2 - Saturday March 19
EPCOT - hop to HS
I figured we'd all be jet lagged, so the plan is to start off at EPCOT. Starting off by following Grandpa's wish to not be too over-planned, my goal is to explore World Showcase. Maybe we'll do the Three Caballeros or Voices of Liberty/American Adventure, but I have no plan to try to squeeze Frozen or Remy in at this point.
I'm hoping we'll be done by 2-3ish to head back to the hotel for an hour or two.
And then hop to HS (how long will it take us to get there by boat or Skyliner?). Gonna try to be at HS by 4:30-5ish. Get a QS dinner - maybe Baseline Taphouse or Docking Bay 7. And hoping for 3 or 4 rides during the evening (maybe including ROTR if wait times get down below 90 minutes - I know, I'm probably crazy...).

DAY 3 - Sunday March 20
Kennedy Space Center
This has DH more excited than Disney World (and maybe Grandpa too). We'll have to actually get up reasonably early, as we'd like to rent the car and drive an hour and make it to Cape Canaveral by around 10. Does anyone know how fast the reservations to Apollo/Saturn V Center get sold out? Will arriving at 10 be early enough? Grandpa has been looking into the car reservations - I think we're getting one the Car Care Center at WDW.

DAY 4 - Monday March 21
MK - hop to EPCOT
Again, not necessarily trying for early entry depending on when everyone thinks they'll be ready to get up. Buddy would like to do a full-on regular character breakfast at Crystal Palace (exceeding unlikely at this point). If not that, then lunch at BOG. Focus for attractions on the west side of the park (Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square). After 3 trips to DLR with kids, Splash Mountain was closed EVERY SINGLE TIME (that's what we get for going during off-season). So that is definitely a priority for me. Also, I have vague memories of Country Bear Jamboree from when I was a kid, but it's been closed at DLR for forever, so I'm hoping to convince the kids to give it a try. And POTC and HM are family favorites. I'm not sure whether we'll stay for the parade or not. I no longer have endless energy, and I want to rest up for...
EPCOT bonus hours!!
I have no idea what we'll do for dinner, but hoping there's some time for a nap and maybe a dip in the pool.
I'd like to be at EPCOT by around 7:30-8. Goals for the evening: Impressions de France, Harmonious (maybe watch from Japan), and then ride a few rides. Definitely Test Track. I'm not sure we'll last until 11, but probably we can make it at least until 10. Maybe we'll catch Remy at this point.

DAY 5 - Tuesday March 22
Free day. Sleep in a bit after an exciting night at EPCOT.
Tuesday and Thursday are our free days. Possibilites include going to a water park, Disney Springs, exploring resorts, going to the pool, or checking out other sightseeing options around Orlando. I'm hoping for breakfast at Topolino's Terrace on one of those days. (This is one of my choices, just because I've heard such good things about the restaurant - characters are a bonus, but not the reason to go).

DAY 6 - Wednesday March 23
EPCOT - hop to MK
This time the visit to EPCOT will focus more on rides and Future World. Whatever we didn't ride on Monday night. And a visit to Club Cool. Maybe??? I'll be lucky enough to get a reservation at Space 220? It's only day 6, so probably not likely. I will also be trying for a reservation on Day 9 - not sure if that will work out either.
And then hop to MK for the bonus hours there. If we don't get a Space 220 reservation, I will try for Jungle Skipper Canteen for dinner. For our evening at MK, focus on Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. And watch the fireworks. I'd like to do 7DMT, but really, I'm good with whatever works out.

DAY 7 - Thursday March 24
Free day. Same as Tuesday.

DAY 8 - Friday March 25
AK
Focus just on AK for the day. I'm hoping we can make it to early entry and hit FOP, Na'avi River Journey, and the Safari before 10. After that, however the day unfolds is fine. Leaving late afternoon for dinner at Boma! I would have like to stay at AKL or WL for the theming and dining, but we decided BCV would be a better location. I'm happy to get to check out AKL a bit. (Maybe we'll make it to WL on another day? I'm thinking that in between EPCOT at MK would be a great time to check out Geyser Point, but I don't know if we'll want to take the detour versus resting at our resort).
My dream is that after dinner we take the bus to HS and those of us who like thrill rides can do TOT (and maybe RRC) and those who don't can ride something else or just go back to the resort. But again, this is a spot where we might decide not to push it.

DAY 9 - Saturday March 26
HS - hop to ??
Trying for early entry at HS (ROTR). Whatever rides we haven't done yet, as well as Muppets. And lunch at 50's Prime Time. Or maybe Hollywood Brown Derby if 50's PTC isn't available.
The evening is open for whatever we want to hop to - I'm guessing EPCOT, but could be MK. I will try to get a Space 220 lounge reservation at EPCOT for the evening, so that might be the determining factor.

DAY 10 - Sunday March 27
Departure Day. 😢
Planning on Ale & Compass breakfast before we go.

GETTING HOME
At some point in there I have to schedule PCR tests. I'm not sure when to do that. Or where... I haven't looked into it at all...
Canadians - can you help me out here?
Man I wish I could plan our trip out like this. I am normally super organized and plan every detail but we will be taking a 3 year old so other than park tickets and park resos I am literally planning NOTHING. Maybe I hop online for last minute dining resos but who knows. My only plan is to try not to have a nervous breakdown🤪🤣

Hi Km_short!

I highly recommend doing SOME planning, even if you change your mind once you get to the parks. Having an idea of what attractions, characters, food will appeal to your 3YO will definitely help you navigate the parks. Plus, it's fun! I made a ton of plans when we visited Disneyland when my kids were younger, and even though we didn't always follow the plans, at least I knew what was feasible.

However you decide to do it, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Technical questions since I've never done a full trip report before.

1. Where did the emojis go? I'm not seeing them in the reply text box.
2. What's the best way to deal with pictures? I've only ever posted one or two at a time.
3. Is there a way to draft a post without immediately posting?

2. What's the best way to deal with pictures? I've only ever posted one or two at a time.
1. Click the three dots beside the photo icon, more options will pop up there.
2. I resize my pictures before posting. You can now add them by clicking on the photo icon. It's so easy. Not sure if the 10 picture limit per post is still a thing or not.
3. Click on the file icon on the far right side. You can save a draft there.

Looking forward to your TR!

We returned home late Sunday, and I've made it through the week. I still have some unpacking to finish, and plenty of laundry, but things are feeling normal. Hopefully I can start on the trip report soon!
Spoiler: We had fun!
Welcome back! :)

The boards got updated to a new server a couple nights ago and the emojis are not working.

However...
You can still use them if you know the BBcode, such as ":" and ")" = :)
I found a fairly good list here: https://apawcalypse.net/page/bbcode
If you're posting from your phone, you can use those emojis here now.

Haven't found the animated emojis in BBcode yet, though. (eg :rotfl:)
2 ways. Either follow Susan's suggestions or you can use a 3rd party hosting service. I do that, but some people can't see those photos. I can't when I'm at work, and I know others are the same. Has something to do with people's work firewalls I guess.

Advantage of using the 3rd party is you can post more than 10 photos. Downside is limiting who can view them.
And as Susan said, not sure if the limit is still 10. I'll test that in a minute and get back to you.
While Susan's recommendation to save with the file icon works... My experience shows that it doesn't hold it very long. I never trust it and always copy everything into Word for safekeeping.
Not sure if the 10 picture limit per post is still a thing or not.
Checking...

Nope. Limit is still 10 files. If you try to attach more, it tells you the limit is 10 and won't allow you to select more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter