Disney World for the first time! - March 2022 plans

Hi Steppe!!

:welcome:

Thank you for the your 2-week Journey TR!
Just for you, here's a picture from my trip to Sedona last weekend.

CBDAAA4D-0F23-465D-8D93-B4AC710742E1.jpeg

My top priorities for this trip are: Splash Mountain, Country Bears, PeopleMover.
I know you are my kind of person when Country Bears and People Mover are in your top three list! :)

The photo from Sedona is stunning! One day...

7DMT is the hardest ride to do without getting into a long line. Splash Mountain is another one that is popular. But the others should be fine. :)

I don't know if anyone mentioned but just be sure to play for Epcot extended hours limits - World Showcase is blocked off - as in you cannot walk through.

Boat is best bet for Beach Club between HS and Epcot. Skyliner will take you MUCH longer as there is transferring - not direct. You could also walk, but it would be a lot on top of all the walking you do in a park.

Have fun!

DeeBee3, :welcome:

I know you are my kind of person when Country Bears and People Mover are in your top three list! :)
I'm pretty sure that I did both at Disneyland as a child, but the memories are fuzzy. There are many rides at Magic Kingdom that are similar to or the same as Disneyland - I'd be happy to ride them, but don't feel they are necessary.

The photo from Sedona is stunning! One day...
I'm actually not sure if I took that photo. My album has all the photos that all 4 of us on the trip took. The colors in the mornings and evenings were amazing! It was pretty chilly though.

I don't know if anyone mentioned but just be sure to play for Epcot extended hours limits - World Showcase is blocked off - as in you cannot walk through.
We're planning to start our trip on Saturday with a stroll around World Showcase. Definitely planning to focus on rides for Monday evening. And maybe Harmonious, depending on how the group feels about rides vs. fireworks.

Buddy and I just went through the list of MK attractions.
Adding on to the top picks:
Under the Sea, Winnie the Pooh, and Buzz Lightyear

Buddy also wants to do Splash Mtn and ...maybe... 7DMT - but after he gets to look at it in person. He's concerned about the potential for motion sickness.

Which, also, means that we might need to skip PhilharMagic. Buddy claimed an extreme dislike of 3D movies. However... he liked TSMM and Soarin' at DCA, so is it really that bad?

Which, also, means that we might need to skip PhilharMagic. Buddy claimed an extreme dislike of 3D movies. However... he liked TSMM and Soarin' at DCA, so is it really that bad?
Philharmonic is a fun show with lots of good music. The 3D aspect is similar to the Muppets show at Hollywood Studios. I would go to it if you have time and there isn't a long wait. Or it is raining or hot out. :)

Animal Kingdom Advice?
When I first started planning, early entry was 8:30-9am, which seemed totally do-able. Now early entry is 7-7:30am, which does not seem do-able to me. That means being on the bus at, what, 5:45 am? I could swing 6:30am - anything before that sounds very unpleasant. A long way of saying, I'm thinking of completely re-planning our day.

We have a dinner reservation at Boma at 5pm. We were always planning to leave AK at about 4, but now I'm thinking we'll return after dinner to do Pandora rides. I figure we'll be back around 7-7:30, and park close isn't until 8:30pm. And that way we get to see Pandora at night!

So in the morning, say we arrive at 9am and do Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing. What should my other priorities be? We will be able to do a lot, but not everything. Buddy really wants to do Kali River Rapids (which will probably have a decently long line most of the day). I'm thinking about skipping DINOSAUR. What shows/trails should we prioritize? How early do we need to get to the shows?

I've heard so many great things about Satu'li Canteen, but is it worth it to go to Pandora for lunch if we're not riding rides or seeing shows while we're there?

All advice appreciated!

Now early entry is 7-7:30am, which does not seem do-able to me.
And you call yourself a DISer???

:lmao:

Just kidding. :)

Rope drop is usually the best way to do a park (or early entry), but I get that it's not for everyone.
Your toughest rides to get on afterwards are going to be FoP, Na'vi, KS and EE. I don't know if you're going to use ILL for FoP, but that would take care of that one. If you use Genie+, I'd use that for Na'vi and then KS. EE has single rider line and you can use that as a backup if the line is too long and/or you can't get a Genie+ LL time for it.
And that way we get to see Pandora at night!
Highly recommend! But don't miss taking the time to watch the Tree of Life at night too!
I've heard so many great things about Satu'li Canteen, but is it worth it to go to Pandora for lunch if we're not riding rides or seeing shows while we're there?
I'm not a fan of Satuli. I'd rather grab something from Y&Y's CS. (mmm... chicken fried rice...egg rolls...) But! I would plan my day to be near 8 Spoons for their shrimp mac n' cheese. Now I see it's no longer on the menu. :sad: But you never know... Still... I'd try their pulled pork (or plain) mac n' cheese. Then again, you can get pulled pork mac n' cheese at Flame Tree. Mr Kamal's seasoned fries are worth making a detour for. And I don't know if I can think of a better way to start the day than with a colossal cinnamon roll from Kusafiri. Some people swear by the Pongo Lumpia and don't skip the Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu in Pandora while you're there.

Satuli Canteen isn’t worth making a special trip for. It’s adequate if you’re in the area & hungry. But there’s much better food to be had at AK, and especially AKL (as you probably already know due to the Boma res!)
I would highly recommend Festival of the Lion King, even the current version is pretty great. Safari is always fun and the trails near there (all of the animal trails really) are great to walk at your own pace. I really enjoyed talking to the Cast Members that work in the trail areas, they’re always friendly and happy to share their knowledge about the animals.
The drummers and general atmosphere is great to soak in too.

pkondz and SleeplessInTO, thank you for the replies!
Rope drop is usually the best way to do a park (or early entry), but I get that it's not for everyone.
Your toughest rides to get on afterwards are going to be FoP, Na'vi, KS and EE. I don't know if you're going to use ILL for FoP, but that would take care of that one. If you use Genie+, I'd use that for Na'vi and then KS. EE has single rider line and you can use that as a backup if the line is too long and/or you can't get a Genie+ LL time for it.
I would love to be able to do EE / rope drop, but I just don't see it happening quite that early.
We're only planning to get G+ for 1 or 2 days, and not for AK. And Buddy is extremely offended by the idea of ILL$, so no ILL for FoP either. EE is down for refurbishment.
So for the rides, the plan is KS and KRR early-ish in the day, FoP and Na'vi late. We'll fill in with shows / trails / food / general atmosphere. (And our trip to AKL / Boma!)

Highly recommend! But don't miss taking the time to watch the Tree of Life at night too!
Thank you for the reminder!

I'm not a fan of Satuli. I'd rather grab something from Y&Y's CS.
Satuli Canteen isn’t worth making a special trip for. It’s adequate if you’re in the area & hungry.
Okay! So I won't worry too much about Satu'li. We'll eat somewhere more convenient.

I would highly recommend Festival of the Lion King, even the current version is pretty great. Safari is always fun and the trails near there (all of the animal trails really) are great to walk at your own pace. I really enjoyed talking to the Cast Members that work in the trail areas, they’re always friendly and happy to share their knowledge about the animals.
Yeah, I've heard good things about all the trails and all the shows, which is my problem. Do it all! Maybe I will ask the family to pick the 2 shows they really want to see and we'll make those work. I think if I was picking two it would probably be FOtLK and Kite Tails (I've heard the kites crashing are pretty funny!).

pkondz and SleeplessInTO, thank you for the replies!

I would love to be able to do EE / rope drop, but I just don't see it happening quite that early.
We're only planning to get G+ for 1 or 2 days, and not for AK. And Buddy is extremely offended by the idea of ILL$, so no ILL for FoP either. EE is down for refurbishment.
So for the rides, the plan is KS and KRR early-ish in the day, FoP and Na'vi late. We'll fill in with shows / trails / food / general atmosphere. (And our trip to AKL / Boma!)

Thank you for the reminder!

Okay! So I won't worry too much about Satu'li. We'll eat somewhere more convenient.

Yeah, I've heard good things about all the trails and all the shows, which is my problem. Do it all! Maybe I will ask the family to pick the 2 shows they really want to see and we'll make those work. I think if I was picking two it would probably be FOtLK and Kite Tails (I've heard the kites crashing are pretty funny!).
The kite show is pretty entertaining. Perhaps not in the way it was intended but sitting there enjoying the breeze and watching kites in the sky is pretty good. The Zazu team was having a particularly rough day the last time I watched it.

Now early entry is 7-7:30am, which does not seem do-able to me. That means being on the bus at, what, 5:45 am? I could swing 6:30am - anything before that sounds very unpleasant.

So, keep in mind, tons of people feel the same way. Rope drop when early hours are super early can lead to a lovely morning where you get a bunch done since a whole lot less people are going to make this time. If it's just not in the cards, so be it. But, really consider if you'd be willing to deal with that early morning start if it made your whole morning plan that much more efficient.

So, keep in mind, tons of people feel the same way. Rope drop when early hours are super early can lead to a lovely morning where you get a bunch done since a whole lot less people are going to make this time. If it's just not in the cards, so be it. But, really consider if you'd be willing to deal with that early morning start if it made your whole morning plan that much more efficient.
I think maybe if we didn't have dinner at Boma planned I might be more amenable. 7am to 4pm seems like a long time to spend at the park, and taking an afternoon break doesn't seem very efficient... Even if we don't see every show and every trail at AK, we will probably have a good day. :)
At this point, I'm trying to pick priorities, so we know which trails and shows we should try not to miss.

I think maybe if we didn't have dinner at Boma planned I might be more amenable. 7am to 4pm seems like a long time to spend at the park, and taking an afternoon break doesn't seem very efficient... Even if we don't see every show and every trail at AK, we will probably have a good day. :)
At this point, I'm trying to pick priorities, so we know which trails and shows we should try not to miss.
We have taken a taxi from our resort for Boma rather than use Disney transportation. It is worth it not to have to use two buses to/from the resort. :)

3 more days! Yay!! We should be there by this time Friday!
:tigger:

I think I've finished the last minute purchasing, and I'm well into the packing phase for myself.
Because I'm so "smart", I just bought a new pair of shoes for myself tonight. I'll be wearing them around the house the next couple of days to break them in!

Buddy's laundry is going so we can get started on his packing tomorrow.
I always think I have enough room when it's just the clothes. Then I try to add in all the other stuff... shoes, toiletries, and other stuff I think we must have, and suddenly the bags are full to bursting! And if they aren't full to bursting, then I find more things to add. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter