Disney World for the first time! - March 2022 plans

How far in advance do we need to order Magic Bands? And does it matter if we order them all at once or at separate times? They seem to have different stock every time I look.
I will say, our postal service can be incredibly slow sometimes. There were Christmas cards that I received a full month after they were sent (from the U.S. to Canada). But it's not Christmas time now, so it should be slightly better...
They will not send them to Canada unfortunately. You will be able to pick them up at the front desk of your resort.

Hi! I've been away for a bit. Just booked a last-minute trip with 3 college friends to Sedona for the last weekend in February! I got side-tracked with looking at Arizona.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bite the bullet on magic Bands. The selection has been terrible recently. I was hoping for the Epcot one, but I haven't seen it in quite awhile.

Hi! I've been away for a bit. Just booked a last-minute trip with 3 college friends to Sedona for the last weekend in February! I got side-tracked with looking at Arizona.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bite the bullet on magic Bands. The selection has been terrible recently. I was hoping for the Epcot one, but I haven't seen it in quite awhile.
Totally get that. DD and I just ordered ours. I was less than impressed, but finally decided on one that was the least lousy.

Totally get that. DD and I just ordered ours. I was less than impressed, but finally decided on one that was the least lousy.

:wave: Hi Pkondz! :welcome:
When are you and DD going?

I just saw a Magic Band I like that I hadn't seen before, but now the one Buddy wants isn't there anymore.

And DH asked for a plain color. I think there's only two. He'd probably like Raspberry, but I think that's what Kiddo wants as well.

You can always pick up a plain colour MagicBand when you get to Disney - they sell them at the parks and in the resort shops. (There's also non-plain colour ones too if anyone in your party wants to see the selection there vs. picking now.)

So happy to hear you are going back! My August dates are the 21st through the 28th (poly/AKL split). Any overlap?

Such a very exciting pre trip report! I would also be excited to see Kennedy Space Center. I loved my last trip there. As others have recommend I would do the Apollo/Saturn V Center first thing.

Okay, I think I'm finally ready to write this update.

DH and Kiddo aren't coming with us. :sad:

We've got some family circumstances that mean they have to stay home.
We will miss them, and be very sad to not be sharing the fun with them.

On the other hand, I will only be wrangling / trying to keep up with one child (and grandparents) instead of 2 children and a husband (and grandparents). Still sucks.

Anyway, advice on ADRs? For all those reservations I made for 6 people, should I try to change them, or just leave them and show up with 4?

DH and Kiddo aren't coming with us. :sad:

We've got some family circumstances that mean they have to stay home.
We will miss them, and be very sad to not be sharing the fun with them.
:( That's too bad.
Anyway, advice on ADRs? For all those reservations I made for 6 people, should I try to change them, or just leave them and show up with 4?
I think that's your call. On ADRs that you really want to keep/are hard to get, I'd just keep them. When you show up, you can say "Oh, there'll only be 4, not 6." Much easier to go down, than up. On the other hand, if there are ADRs that you wanted and couldn't get for 6, you might be able to find them for 4?

I would try to change them to four if you are 100% sure that you will only have four. You can also keep the reservation at 6 and show up with 4 if you can't change it to the correct number ahead of time.

Two weeks to go!! I have work I need to get done before I go. It's so annoying. Who wants to work? I just want to be looking at Disney stuff.

And...wow! Disney published park hour extensions for our week... it's gonna be crowded. Ugh!
AND it'll be harder to rope drop -and- stay late when the early times and late times are far apart. I need my beauty sleep! (So I don't turn into the dreaded Mommy Monster...)

I think we can still do some of Epcot extra evening hours, which are 9-11pm (no change), but I don't think we can last for MK evening hours, which are now 11pm-1am on Wednesday.

I was really worrying about whether we'd have enough time at MK. I just did a re-evaluation of my plan, and I -think- I'm okay with what we've got.
My top priorities for this trip are: Splash Mountain, Country Bears, PeopleMover.
We can't miss POTC and HM.
I also have never seen and want to do 7DMT, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, PhilharMagic.
I would like to do more than that (do it all!!), but I will be happy if I get that much done. That's really only 4 high-profile rides to accomplish over Monday morning/early afternoon and Wednesday evening. Definitely do-able.

Hopefully Buddy and Grandma and Grandpa don't decide that they have lots of other rides we need to do. :scared:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter