Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

With the arrival of the newly refurbished Disney Wonder in Galveston exactly 1 week from tomorrow, I thought I would share a link with everyone that I used to watch the arrival and / or departure of the Wonder last year every week until our cruise over Thanksgiving.
http://www.galveston.com/cruisevideocam/
There are other webcam links on this page as well (under Select a WebCam).

Also, I am getting a treat a week from tomorrow. I get to go to Galveston for the day. We are going to the Harbor House area and get some pictures of the refurbished boat (from the outside of course), stop in and talk to Dee (at the Harbor House), and check out some new places on the Strand and in town. Then we will be hanging around to watch the Wonder sail off into the sun set!
One of the things I want to check out when we are down there is Board Game Island. It is a cafe that is set up with hundreds of games on the shelves for visitors to play. You don't have to buy anything to play (it is a request that you at least buy a drink or something though). I was going to see how big it is and if I thought it could house our Harbor House meet. Is there anything else anyone wants me to check on while I'm there?

Tink you are so helpful and amazing!
And...
Angel, you are making me blush :blush:.
But if truth be told, it is just the pixie dust that makes it look that way!!!!:tink:

~BUMP~​

We are still looking for 3 more participants (which will bring the count to 20) to guarantee a reservation in advance for mixology . We can have up to 40 people in the group. So if we reach 20 and you are still interested, there will still be room for more.
I am going to try to post this at the top of each page (going forward ) so new members won't have to search to find out what we are planning.

~Planned activities ~
(Meets, cabin crawls, mixology, etc )

Mixology
(will need a minimum of 20 - must be 21 or older)
Currently interested:
Pixiehallow (2)
SunI17 (2 )
StefunnyD (1)
MNnice (2)
Sian (2)
Bbrown (2)
ColoradoMrs (2)
Angel and Bear (2)
jenncardenas (2)
Wanderbuff(2)​

Pre Cruise Meet for Harbor House
Pixiehallow
MNnice

StefunnyD
Zoijmvs

BBrown
crystalsnowseekins
Mngirl80
westonkamom
asperle
alaskanabbott
MNMommyof2
Grumpy's Group
Angel Rae​

Cabin Crawl
(with or without poker)
Currently interested:
Pixiehallow
alaskanabbott
MNnice
Angel Rae
westonkamom​

Last edited:
Attention all FEer's
Both Group 1 and Group 2 are full and closed ! I have started a Group 3 for late comers. I wouldn't want to miss anyone who wants to join in on the fun.

The only thing missing from the spreadsheet is the cabin information for the
Sarah Murphy cabin
They are in Group 1.
If anyone knows Sarah, could you please ask her if she could make enough posts for me to send her the FE information message. It would also work if you have a way to contact her, you can get the list of questions to her and then message me with the information.

One last note, if you have not requested or gotten the spreadsheet yet, please message me so I can get that out to you.

Attention all FEer's
Both Group 1 and Group 2 are full and closed ! I have started a Group 3 for late comers. I wouldn't want to miss anyone who wants to join in on the fun.

The only thing missing from the spreadsheet is the cabin information for the
Sarah Murphy cabin
They are in Group 1.
If anyone knows Sarah, could you please ask her if she could make enough posts for me to send her the FE information message. It would also work if you have a way to contact her, you can get the list of questions to her and then message me with the information.

One last note, if you have not requested or gotten the spreadsheet yet, please message me so I can get that out to you.
I just was messaging with her, and she is feeling overwhelmed with this and another group. She asked me to pass along that she wanted to be removed.

I just was messaging with her, and she is feeling overwhelmed with this and another group. She asked me to pass along that she wanted to be removed.
Thanks for the update. I will remove that cabin.
Group 1 we again are down to 9 cabins.

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Monday Forget me Not's (only 10 more of these to go!)

Today's forget me not is a reminder for your carry on bag. Don't forget to pack a casual outfit for dinner that night in your carry on bag. The cast members will do their very best to get each cabin its luggage before you have to head to dinner, but there are a few factors that slow this process down. First, they can only deliver luggage that the port authority has already cleared and loaded on to the boat. Second, remember, that people can arrive as late as 2:30 - 3:00, which is only 2 1/2 hours before dinner. Which means their luggage still has to clear the port authority, and find its way to their floor after they board. Third there could be up to 2,000 passengers on the boat who each are allowed to check 2 bags in. That is 4,000 pieces of luggage that have to navigate the narrow corridors of the boat to find their home away from home. And fourth each cabin steward only has 2 hands.
So, it is understandable that your luggage may take a little longer to find its way to your cabin than it will for dinner time to arrive. But if you remember to pack your casual dinner clothes in your carry on, you will not have to worry. You will be all set to go.
Have a great week, and I hope everyone got a chance to get their online check in done.

~Tink~

I am so excited, I got everything booked that we wanted!! Thank you for your help too!! I was able to book the Royal tea too. My excursion is done at 1:15 so we have time to go to the tea :) YAY!!
That is awesome! It looks like there was a bit of Disney Magic at work!!!

take WAY to many pictures. I was looking at the shutters photo packages and my eyes about popped out if my head at the cost. (If you buy before the cruise you get 15% off) I did a bit of research as I am interested in the package and came across this blog. I LOVE this woman. She answered every question I could have about the onboard photography. At the bottom of the articles are links to her other blogs regarding character pictures and other tips.
Figured I would share the info!
I know a few had asked in here about the photo packages

http://www.photobookgirl.com/blog/d...r-moneys-worth-from-a-shutters-photo-package/

We just found out about this site, and I am so excited! We have never done a Disney cruise and really can't wait! Still trying to figure out the post/repost on this site though.

~BUMP~​

We are still looking for 3 more participants (which will bring the count to 20) to guarantee a reservation in advance for mixology . We can have up to 40 people in the group. So if we reach 20 and you are still interested, there will still be room for more.
I am going to try to post this at the top of each page (going forward ) so new members won't have to search to find out what we are planning.

~Planned activities ~
(Meets, cabin crawls, mixology, etc )

Mixology
(will need a minimum of 20 - must be 21 or older)
Currently interested:
Pixiehallow (2)
SunI17 (2 )
StefunnyD (1)
MNnice (2)
Sian (2)
Bbrown (2)
ColoradoMrs (2)
Angel and Bear (2)
jenncardenas (2)

Pre Cruise Meet for Harbor House
Pixiehallow
MNnice

StefunnyD
Zoijmvs

BBrown
crystalsnowseekins
Mngirl80
westonkamom
asperle
alaskanabbott
MNMommyof2
Grumpy's Group
Angel Rae​

Cabin Crawl
(with or without poker)
Currently interested:
Pixiehallow
alaskanabbott
MNnice
Angel Rae
westonkamom​

Monday Forget Me Not's....

Happy Monday everyone. We have 11 Mondays to go :hyper:. I am getting so excited.
This weeks Forget me not is your important numbers and contact information.

Just in case there is a need, it is a good idea to have a list of important numbers, and contact information.
This could come in handy for many situations. Such as medical emergencies, or being a dock runner that happens to be just a few minutes late, and misses the boat. Or even the 'did I forget to turn the stove off' incidents. It is better to have them, and not need them, than to need them, and not have them.
Other numbers that you may want to include on that list are the hotel for your after cruise stay, and your airline. If anyone else is like me, you are thinking, I have all of that on my phone. The down side of that is I am sure for every 'I have it in my phone' person there is a phone power zapper (I am traveling w/ 2).
You may also want the contact information list to send post cards to your friends back home. Truth be told though, I like having the addresses for post cards on printed, peel and stick labels.
Either way, these simple sheets of paper that will not bog your luggage down may come in quite handy.

:darth:Happy Not So Scary Halloween,:tink:
~Tink~

P.S. When you receive your cruise document book a few weeks before sailing, there will be cards with ship contact information on it for you to give to anyone who may need to reach you in case of emergency or such.

I'm so happy to know that about the cruise contact info. We are leaving kids at home this trip and I'm always more comfortable knowing we are not completely unreachable in case of emergency!

As this is our first Disney Cruise, I'm excited that a 3rd FE group has been started even though it may not be full! I think being part of the experience would still be fun!

I'm not quite sure where I should post this question, but here it goes.

We have been to Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen area quite a few times in the last few years, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with staying on the Disney Ship during Port Days and could maybe share some insight? While we can ALWAYS have a GREAT time in Cozumel, staying on a ship during port is something we've never done.

Today was our planning party for this month!
Our theme this month was 'Mustard' Drill. :cool1:
The back story to the Mustard drill is.....
We wanted to stick to a cruise centered theme - Muster Drill (for those new to cruising, this is a fun :sad2: 15 minute informational meeting you must attend with all of your ship mates prior to setting sail) ~ Mustard Drill.
For the Mustard drill we pretend that we have just spilled mustard on our outfit, and we have to change for dinner. This has turned into some what of a race over the years. Everyone gets timed trying on each outfit, and a picture is taken of each outfit as well (with pictures, there is no more "what was I wearing with that ").
When all of the fun is over, and we have had our cookout (hot dogs of course) and our mustard yellow cupcakes. View attachment 201512I get to make a chart that will include day time and dinner outfits for each day. I will also add in the time it takes each person to shower and wash their hair. Plus shaving and mommy prep time. When all done, I will know how early we need to get up to make it to our excursions, and what time each person needs to be back to the cabin each day so that we make it to dinner on time.
Yes, I know my OCVPD is worse than you had imagined. But, since we started doing this, prep time has become stress free!

~ Tink ~

THIS IS AMAZING! Best idea ever!

First let me say
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I have added you to the FE and the roll call . I will get you on the mixology shortly as well as getting a few PM'S out to you .
I am sorry for the delay in response , but my computer is not agreeing with my .
I will also get to answering as many of your questions as I can as soon as I start getting along with my computer . :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter