Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

Let me know what excursions you are looking at (port and either name of excursions or description ) and I will check them out and let you know what Disney is charging .
2 quick questions. If we are costco members (with the new must have card) can we use the excursion booking page even if we didn't book our cruise through them ? And , do they have San Juan excursions ?
They sent an emai with a link to this website. http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/v/a/costco/

Included in that email was a code I could use to get my costco travel discount. I have no idea if the code is MY one time use code or it can be shared? Costco travel is extremely helpful though so a call or instant chat could answer that question better. I would think costco would give a discount code to any member though

For example. We were looking at Playa Mia in cozumel. It was 75 dollars an adult for the open bar and buffet all day.transfers included. The costco discount was 10%
So for 2 adults (kids 3 and under free) would cost us 135 dollars.
Have no idea if that was cheaper or more expensive then disney?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161026-222131.png
    Screenshot_20161026-222131.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 5
For example. We were looking at Playa Mia in cozumel. It was 75 dollars an adult for the open bar and buffet all day.transfers included. The costco discount was 10%
So for 2 adults (kids 3 and under free) would cost us 135 dollars.
Have no idea if that was cheaper or more expensive then disney?

Cozumel Beach Break (CZ15)
$72.00
(ages 10 and up)
$62.00
(ages 3 to 9)
$0.00
(ages 0 to 2)
4 to 4.5
Select this Activity
Duration: 4.5 to 5 Hours

Go all-out at the waterslides, swimming pools and water activities - or chill-out under an umbrella by the beach.

On this adventure you will...

• Take an approximately 25-minute ride aboard an air-conditioned motorcoach to Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park.
  • Get ready to do as much - or as little - as you'd like at this beautiful beach park. Choose to lounge in a beach chair under an umbrella on the sand by the ocean or by the pool. Kids of all ages can splash at the Buccaneers Bay Swimming Pool, Oasis Island Pool and the Twin Twister Waterslide. Note: see restrictions in the section below.
  • Savor a delicious international buffet and domestic open bar, all included in your tour.
  • Enjoy the park's many activities such as an aquatic floating sports center, kayaks, water trampolines, aquatic iceberg, paddle boats, floating mats, water bicycles, ping pong tables, volleyball and soccer courts and an entertainment team featuring a kid's club.
  • Conclude your approximately 4 hours on the beach before heading back to the pier.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.

• Children visiting the Buccaneer's Bay Water Toys must be fewer than 47 inches tall (1.20 meters) and a maximum weight of 132 lbs (60 kg). Shoes of any kind are not allowed.
  • Guests visiting the 200-foot long Twin Twister Waterslides must be at least 39 inches tall (1 meter) to ride the slides.
  • The maximum weight for riding the waterslide is 251 lbs (114 kg).
  • Restaurant buffet service is provided. Mixed drinks, beer, soda and juice from an open bar are included. Alcoholic beverages are available for Guests 21 and older with identification. Straight shots are not allowed.
  • Other water sports and additional activities such as snorkeling equipment rental are available at an additional nominal fee.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits and cameras for the beach visit. Changing facilities and showers are available.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs and water sports.
  • You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.

$72.00
(ages 10 and up)
$62.00
(ages 3 to 9)
$0.00
(ages 0 to 2)
4 to 4.5
Select this Activity
Duration: 4.5 to 5 Hours

Go all-out at the waterslides, swimming pools and water activities - or chill-out under an umbrella by the beach.

On this adventure you will...

• Take an approximately 25-minute ride aboard an air-conditioned motorcoach to Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park.
  • Get ready to do as much - or as little - as you'd like at this beautiful beach park. Choose to lounge in a beach chair under an umbrella on the sand by the ocean or by the pool. Kids of all ages can splash at the Buccaneers Bay Swimming Pool, Oasis Island Pool and the Twin Twister Waterslide. Note: see restrictions in the section below.
  • Savor a delicious international buffet and domestic open bar, all included in your tour.
  • Enjoy the park's many activities such as an aquatic floating sports center, kayaks, water trampolines, aquatic iceberg, paddle boats, floating mats, water bicycles, ping pong tables, volleyball and soccer courts and an entertainment team featuring a kid's club.
  • Conclude your approximately 4 hours on the beach before heading back to the pier.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.

• Children visiting the Buccaneer's Bay Water Toys must be fewer than 47 inches tall (1.20 meters) and a maximum weight of 132 lbs (60 kg). Shoes of any kind are not allowed.
  • Guests visiting the 200-foot long Twin Twister Waterslides must be at least 39 inches tall (1 meter) to ride the slides.
  • The maximum weight for riding the waterslide is 251 lbs (114 kg).
  • Restaurant buffet service is provided. Mixed drinks, beer, soda and juice from an open bar are included. Alcoholic beverages are available for Guests 21 and older with identification. Straight shots are not allowed.
  • Other water sports and additional activities such as snorkeling equipment rental are available at an additional nominal fee.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits and cameras for the beach visit. Changing facilities and showers are available.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs and water sports.
  • You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Oh wow. Its way cheaper through costco. Thank you. Probably just gonna book excursions off the boat through them. Save 71 dollars for the exact same thing disney offers. That is a decent savings.

Oh wow. Its way cheaper through costco. Thank you. Probably just gonna book excursions off the boat through them. Save 71 dollars for the exact same thing disney offers. That is a decent savings.
I am going to look at things we were interested in through them!

They sent an emai with a link to this website. http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/v/a/costco/

Included in that email was a code I could use to get my costco travel discount. I have no idea if the code is MY one time use code or it can be shared? Costco travel is extremely helpful though so a call or instant chat could answer that question better. I would think costco would give a discount code to any member though

The shore excursion code has been the same since at least 2011! If you google [costco travel shore excursion "discount code"], you'll see it on the summary of the first link.

Howdy everyone!
:wave::welcome::wave:
And Welcome to the group
for the
Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Juan sailing - January 20, 2017

I am excited to be taking another Disney cruise, and look forward to meeting new friends during our planning journey. If you are on this sailing, please leave a note and join in on the conversation, and think about joining in on some of the group fun being planned.

I am reserving the next few posts for the group roll call, the FE list, and planned group activities (like meets, cabin crawls, and mixology ). As the group grows, I will keep these posts up to date with the most current information.

~ Tink ~
Hi,
We are new to the group and would love to be a part of the fish extenders. Just let me know what I have to do!!! So looking forward to this cruise !

Hi,
We are new to the group and would love to be a part of the fish extenders. Just let me know what I have to do!!! So looking forward to this cruise !
Welcome to the group Sarah !
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the roll call and the FE .
I have a message that I send out to let you know what information I need for the FE spreadsheet , but you will need to get your post count up to 10 (DIS board rule with an easy fix ). You currently have 1 post . Ten is an easy number to reach. Introduce yourself, ask a few questions, let us know if you want to join in on the meet at Harbor House, if you want to join the mixology and/or the cabin crawl, or let us know if you have an idea . As soon as you get to 10 (or tomorrow morning after I catch up on reading and responding to the ones I can ), I will send the message.
I look forward to getting to know you.

~ Tink ~

Hello Everyone,
I just booked on this cruise. We were originally planning to sail in May on the Magic, but changed to this sailing. I am excited to sail the Wonder again. We sailed over the winter and had so much fun. I am interested in joining a fish extender group. Will be sailing with my husband and 2 daughters.
Can't wait to meet everyone on board!
Nicole

Does anyone know if there are any special celebrations for the kids if they are having a birthday on board? My daughter is turning 6 at sea and I wonder if they will celebrate in her kid's club.

Me and Bear are interested in the mixology. I have some apprehension to commiting though. See we have never left our kid with anyone besides family. So the thought of leaving her in the kids club is somewhat a daunting idea. We are not opposed to it and have talked about it and came to the conclusion that we would check it out when we got on board. She is a rather independent little spirit and it wouldn't phase her to be without us. Its more OUR issue with trusting strangers.
So if anyone would care to chime in about the safety and trustworthiness of leaving a kid (age 3) in the club I would appreciate the advice!
We cruised over the winter with our then 5 and 2 years olds. They both LOVED the kids club. Our 2 year old went straight away to the nursery and kept begging to go back. Our 5 year old was reluctant to go at first, but once she did she LOVED it. You will be impressed with how secure it is. Even though it is large, they somehow know where your child is at all times when you come to pick them up.

Shoreside concierge just called to offer the Royal Tea, so I got more info for anyone interested.
It will be 3pm on the day we port in Cozumel. kids ages 3-12 are $210 adults $69. There are 40 spots total and it will be released to public next week.
What is shoreside concierge?

Hello Everyone,
I just booked on this cruise. We were originally planning to sail in May on the Magic, but changed to this sailing. I am excited to sail the Wonder again. We sailed over the winter and had so much fun. I am interested in joining a fish extender group. Will be sailing with my husband and 2 daughters.
Can't wait to meet everyone on board!
Nicole
Welcome to the group Nicole !
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the roll call and the FE list.
You will need to get 10 posts and then I can forward the message about information needed for the FE.

Does anyone know if there are any special celebrations for the kids if they are having a birthday on board? My daughter is turning 6 at sea and I wonder if they will celebrate in her kid's club.
If you booked with a travel agent, you can let them know to put something on your reservation about it (if not, you can contact Disney and request that a note be added ). You can also mention something to your servers, and to the cast members in the kids area. Disney is usually very good with celebrations. Another fun thing you can do is order birthday room decorations .

We cruised over the winter with our then 5 and 2 years olds. They both LOVED the kids club. Our 2 year old went straight away to the nursery and kept begging to go back. Our 5 year old was reluctant to go at first, but once she did she LOVED it. You will be impressed with how secure it is. Even though it is large, they somehow know where your child is at all times when you come to pick them up.
I like to think it's disney magic. Like when you are walking through the parks without a birthday button and a cast member stops you to wish you a happy birthday !

I just completed my online check in. My port arrival time is 11:30. Should I get there earlier?

I just completed my online check in. My port arrival time is 11:30. Should I get there earlier?
First , that is a good port arrival for Galveston .
Last year we had 11:30 arrival time and we left Harbor House between 10:15 and 10:30 which put us at the port between 10:30 to 10:45. I would say there were about 10 families ahead of us waiting to get into the building. They didn't open the doors until 11 (and by this time there were at most 30 families in line with us ). Once they opened the doors , we got through security and check in fairly quickly, but, we sat in the terminal until about 11:45 before they called our group (group 1) to board.
So, if you want to try to be in an early boarding group, I would suggest planning to arrive by 11. If you want to arrive, go to security and check in with very little wait, and then a short wait for boarding, you can aim more for your 11:30 arrival time .

Attention Group 2 FEer's

I just received a PM from SithSanchez saying "We have changed our plans and need to quit from the Disboards FE group".

If it is okay with everyone, I will fill that spot with Mntparish that just joined yesterday so that you still have a full group of 10 cabins.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

~Tink~

Attention Group 2 FEer's

I just received a PM from SithSanchez saying "We have changed our plans and need to quit from the Disboards FE group".

If it is okay with everyone, I will fill that spot with Mntparish that just joined yesterday so that you still have a full group of 10 cabins.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

~Tink~

Definitely okay with me! I know Mntparish was bummed they missed out on the opportunity elsewhere so I'm glad they asked here.

Definitely okay with me! I know Mntparish was bummed they missed out on the opportunity elsewhere so I'm glad they asked here.
Awesome! I am glad we had a place for them. I hope to make room for anyone wanting to take part. In past trips, we have had people join in the last month wanting to take part. I explain they may not have a full group, but that was not a deterrent. Amazingly, we've had 10- 15 cabins join in the final month before, filling out a nice size group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter