Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

I'm so glad you and other posters explained how to tell Chip n' Dale apart. I never understood how people would be able to say "there goes Chip". Um... how did they know that?? Now I know!! Woohoo
Sorry you had a tumble down the escalator. How scary for you. I am glad that your Superman was able to come to your rescue. You poor thing/
Another great update. Our family loves the 3D attractions too. Unfortunately, my kids are too old to remember the Muppet Show. I loved watching that show on TV

I really like the picture of the girls on the Star Wars creature.

I hope your day gets better with less waiting!

When we went HS was soooo crowded. I'm bumed we didn't even try TS or even get a FP. We went on a Monday and on a Friday, which was the 1st SW weekend. OH MY!! :eek: I want to go back!

terrific post. Sorry to hear about the waiting. Great pictures and I have one question, were you able to buy DD7's pin layard or did a DTCM give it to her?

Oh, good observation on the lanyard. Actually I forgot to metion that we got it on our first trip last year. At the time we were new to most all things Disney and didn't realize it's value until this year.

Great Trip Report!! Your girls are too adorable. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks you wendy darling.;)

I'm so glad you and other posters explained how to tell Chip n' Dale apart. I never understood how people would be able to say "there goes Chip". Um... how did they know that?? Now I know!! Woohoo
Sorry you had a tumble down the escalator. How scary for you. I am glad that your Superman was able to come to your rescue. You poor thing/
Another great update. Our family loves the 3D attractions too. Unfortunately, my kids are too old to remember the Muppet Show. I loved watching that show on TV

Yep, we will be sure to know the difference b/w Chip and Dale here on out.:thumbsup2

I really like the picture of the girls on the Star Wars creature.

I hope your day gets better with less waiting!

Yep Disney has neat borders for that picture as well.:goodvibes

Just wanted to chime in and say hello. I've been enjoying your TR and pictures!

Thanks so much for chiming in. Glad you're enjoying the TR.:goodvibes

When we went HS was soooo crowded. I'm bumed we didn't even try TS or even get a FP. We went on a Monday and on a Friday, which was the 1st SW weekend. OH MY!! :eek: I want to go back!

Oh, I bet it was terribly crowded during SW weekend.:scared1:

Awww... your girls are so sweet! I'm glad you had fun and can't wait to read the next installment!

Thanks a bunch.:hug:

Some very observant DISers noticed the lanyard DD7 is wearing is a YOAMD lanyard. I forgot to mention that we actually won it on our first trip last year. DD4 (who was DD3 at the time) and I got off of Living with the Land and they anounced that our group of boats had won lanyards. At the time I was not familiar w/ the whole "dream" giveaway thing so I was a bit confused. What struck me even then was how nobody really even said thank you. They just grabbed the lanyards and walked on. It wasn't until this year that we really realized what we had won. I will post this picture of DD7 once more because I remembered why she suddenly started wearing the lanyard this day. The day prior when we were at MK a nice custodian CM gave each of the girls a Tinkerbelle pin. He had a broom in hand in Tomorrowland and told the girls he was allowed to give "special moments" to very special children. Who doesn't love Tinkerbelle? You can see DD7s Tinkerbelle pin in this picture as well.
DisneyWorld2008050.jpg

Well we left off w/ the girls and I visiting Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground quickly before dinner at Mama's Melrose. This restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The only reason we dined here was because of the Fantasmic package. We didn't want a buffet (Hollywood and Vine) so chose Mama's. This restaurant ended up as one of our non-character favorites. In fact, you may have noticed that I am not one of those die-hard food critics. At this restaurant we actually took pictures of our food. This was the only restaurant where we felt inclined to do so. Everything was presented so beautifully and tasted just as pretty as it looked. We actually just took pictures of our appetizers and desserts. That was another great thing. With the Fantasmic package you got appetizers. I of course got the salad and DH got the bread thing. Sorry guys I don't even remember what we ate for main course but I remember it was good. I think I might have got the Chicken Parmagana.
DisneyWorld2008059.jpg

DisneyWorld2008058.jpg

DisneyWorld2008066.jpg

DisneyWorld2008067.jpg

DisneyWorld2008068.jpg

Doesn't it all just look good enough to eat?popcorn::
After doing several character dinners this was a nice restaurant to just enjoy eachother's company, the atmosphere, and our food.
DisneyWorld2008061.jpg

DH and I got these drinks with suveneir cups + light up Tinkerbelle and Captain Hook. Our girls are so easily pleased.;)
DisneyWorld2008063.jpg

DisneyWorld2008065.jpg

Mama Melrose definitely gets our vote for most pleasantly surprised.:thumbsup2 With full tummys we left the restaurant a little before 6. We still had over two hours to enjoy ourselves before finding a seat.

We made our way straight to Toy Story Mania since our FP entrance time was up. Perfect timing. :goodvibes I wasn't quite sure what to expect but now realize why it is so popular. It truely is an amazing attraction. Even DD4 thought it was fun to see the targets burst after she hit them. So glad we got to experience it.
DisneyWorld2008069.jpg

Next we went to guest relations to discuss a matter related to our whereabouts the next day. The next day had always been open on my schedule for whatever we felt like doing. On our way to guest relations our superhero held up the hat.
DisneyWorld2008072.jpg

From here DH went off to ride Tower of Terror and Rock n' Roller Coaster.

This is another time I so regret not asking for the camera. Well, on this trip each of the girls developed new favorite characters. For DD4 one of her all time new characters was Buzz Lightyear. She REALLY wanted to meet him after riding TSM and we checked the line that at the time was about one hour. We told her we'd come back and she almost threw one of those embarrasing fits but luckily pulled herself together. So, the girls and I were off to stand in line to meet Buzz Lightyear and Woody while DH went on his thriller rides. While waiting in line there are a series of photo ops set up for parents to take pictures of their kids. Great idea! Too bad I had no camera.:sad2: I even took my cell phone out to try to take pictures with it but it had a low battery. Well thank God for photo pass photographers once again. We had a rather lenghty wait but to DD4 it was worth it. DD7 was also really patient and enjoyed meeting the characters.
image177.jpg

image179.jpg

After our meet it was about time to meet up w/ DH in front of the entrance for dining package people. As usual DH was late and made me very nervous. All was well and he showed up about 10 minutes after our set time. He loved both Tower of Terror and Rock n' Roller Coaster. I think he even got to ride at least one of them twice. For those of you that do the dining package and have a rental here's some advice, take the stroller with you. We returned ours before going through the gate not realizing how long the walk was.

Since we had a little time the girls and I stood in line for frozen lemonade and popcorn to enjoy while watching the show. Shortly after returning to our seats the show started. We saw Fantasmic last year but from the standing-room-only section. Well, it is a whole different and amazing ball of wax from up front. WOW. The cutest thing was DD4's reaction. Throughout the whole thing she waved and yelled hello to all the characters she saw by name. She was soooo into the show. The music is so loud that she really was not bothering anyone around her. In the picture you can see me watching her and laughing. It is one of those memories you want to hold onto and never forget. Sooo precious.:goodvibes
DisneyWorld2008080.jpg

DisneyWorld2008077.jpg

DisneyWorld2008076.jpg

DisneyWorld2008081.jpg

DisneyWorld2008082.jpg

Hmmm, I think Fantasmic might just be my favorite show. It truely was amazing. We all really enjoyed our time. We followed the masses out of HS and really didn't have to wait too awful long for a bus since they were coming in herds. A great end to another amazing day.:cloud9:

The next morning we have a photo shoot scheduled at Polynesian at 8:30 so it was straight to bed for us all.

Next up: Our open day and 2nd to last full day in the World.

Wow - another great update!!!:goodvibes

Sounds like a great way to end the day at HS!

I can't wait to see your pictures from the Poly photo session! I am sure they turned out great!:)

Great update!!! :thumbsup2 That is so sweet how your 4 yo DD waved to the characters as they went by. The pics of the girls with Buzz and Woody are wonderful! I'm curious now to see what you do the next day. :goodvibes

What a great update and great pics....love the pics of Buzz and Woody and TS2 ride!! And love the Fantasmic update, it's a great show, isn't it? We're going for our second time on our upcoming trip and the boys STILL talk about it, it's so exciting for them.:yay:

Oooo...the photo shoot, can't wait to see those pictures, you guys are so photogenic that I'm sure the professional pictures will be beautiful!!:cutie:

Hmmmm, I have my suspisions about your "free" day....can't wait to see if I'm right??:confused3

THanks for the great update!!
:flower3: Kristen

Hey! When we ate there last year, we sat at that booth right behind your girls- the one with the girl drinking out of the long straw!

I love the picture from Fantasmic. It gives me goosebumps to see anybody's kids in awe of Disney magic!

Just found your TR! Great great great! So fun to read!!! And look how flexible you are becoming with that right arm!!!! Very impressive! Glad it was feeling better for you, though you are SUCH a trooper for having a blast even though you were slightly handicapped.

You are very blessed to have such a special family and what a great trip it looks like you had!

PS- Love Faith's haircut! So cute!

This was a fun update. My DH did the same thing as yours..I have a photo of mine doing the he man thing holding up the hat:rotfl: . The photo of your DD waving is so cute. Looking forward to more:thumbsup2

Another great update. That's awesome that your girls got the special attention from a castmember and recieved a tink pin, how exciting!!

Wow - another great update!!!:goodvibes

Sounds like a great way to end the day at HS!

I can't wait to see your pictures from the Poly photo session! I am sure they turned out great!:)

Thanks Yes we did get a lot of good pictures at the Poly shoot. Although we did end up w/ a squinter in the family.:sad2: You'll never guess who.:laughing:

Great update!!! :thumbsup2 That is so sweet how your 4 yo DD waved to the characters as they went by. The pics of the girls with Buzz and Woody are wonderful! I'm curious now to see what you do the next day. :goodvibes

Thanks I'm glad that we at least turned out w/ good pictures. I'm not a fan of waiting in long lines for character meets.

What a great update and great pics....love the pics of Buzz and Woody and TS2 ride!! And love the Fantasmic update, it's a great show, isn't it? We're going for our second time on our upcoming trip and the boys STILL talk about it, it's so exciting for them.:yay:

Oooo...the photo shoot, can't wait to see those pictures, you guys are so photogenic that I'm sure the professional pictures will be beautiful!!:cutie:

Hmmmm, I have my suspisions about your "free" day....can't wait to see if I'm right??:confused3

THanks for the great update!!
:flower3: Kristen

Yes I think Fantasmic will continue to be a "must see" every time for us. You'll have to tell me if your suspisions turn out right.:goodvibes

Hey! When we ate there last year, we sat at that booth right behind your girls- the one with the girl drinking out of the long straw!

I love the picture from Fantasmic. It gives me goosebumps to see anybody's kids in awe of Disney magic!

That's impressive that you can tell which seat you were at especially w/ how dark the picture is.;)

Just found your TR! Great great great! So fun to read!!! And look how flexible you are becoming with that right arm!!!! Very impressive! Glad it was feeling better for you, though you are SUCH a trooper for having a blast even though you were slightly handicapped.

You are very blessed to have such a special family and what a great trip it looks like you had!

PS- Love Faith's haircut! So cute!

Thanks and Welcome:yay: Yep the arm was getting much better but I still couldn't bend it past 90 degrees.

The food looks good!

It looks like you had great seats at Fantasmic.

Yes I was really happy with our seats. Sooooo much better than the standing room only section we were in last year.

This was a fun update. My DH did the same thing as yours..I have a photo of mine doing the he man thing holding up the hat:rotfl: . The photo of your DD waving is so cute. Looking forward to more:thumbsup2

Yes I of course got the idea for the holding hat picture from the DIS. I'm glad others think the DD4 waving is cute. I wasn't sure if that was one of those things where you had to be there.

Another great update. That's awesome that your girls got the special attention from a castmember and recieved a tink pin, how exciting!!

Yes, I'm surprised I at first forgot about that little piece of magic. See writing a TR really does help you remember every special detail.:goodvibes

We left off after our wonderful day at HS and Fantasmic. We got up bright and early and all got ready for our photo shoot. Our appointment was actually at 9:30. It still amazes me how we can all get up and moving w/o too much tension or stress at WDW.:confused3 Must be that magic pixie dust.pixiedust: It was on this bus ride to MK that DD7 had a nice conversation w/ a girl about her age and just as outgoing. The whole way there they discussed everything they had done so far. The girl kept discribing everything as "wiked fun" or "wiked fast". We thought that was so cute that we adopted the term "wiked" for the rest of the vacation. I'm told that is a New England expression. We don't hear it much out west.

We were at MK just before 9 so I had the bright idea to watch outside the turnstiles for the show. So we all waited for a few minutes and nothing happened. Finally a security guard asked what we were doing. I said we were waiting for the opening show. He said it would not be coming because MK had early magic hours that morning. . . . Of course, the cammando planner in me had forgotten. That's why I didn't schedule MK for today. So we made our way to the monorail. Once again DD7 asked to ride in front and it was already taken.

This post should be pretty easy. I will just post some of our pictures. I did end up having to delete about 1/3 of the pictures because we ended up with an EXTREME squinter in our family. No, it was not the kiddos . . . it was DH.:sad2: This is something I did not know about him. I knew that he ALWAYS must wear sunglasses even if it is slightly sunny. But boy does he have trouble opening his eyes in the sun.:laughing:

Overall we were happy with the shoot. The photog did a good job trying to hide my cast.
image182-1.jpg

image184-1.jpg

image188-1.jpg

image192-1.jpg

image209.jpg

image197-1.jpg

image199-1.jpg

More to Come:goodvibes

Fantastic pictures! I'm going to have to look into a photo shoot. I think it would be neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter