Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

The girls look so cute in their Minnie outfits. I bought a pair of Minnie ears for myself last trip. I wore them everyday, of course. Because where else in this world can an adult woman wear a pair of ears and not get too many weird looks. ;) I love that you found matching shoes for them to wear. A girl can't wear non-matching Minnie shoes. Those dresses were really cute!! Whoever made them did a great job.

Great update! The girls look adorable in their dresses! I can't wait to hear about the magical moments!!!! :goodvibes

Great MK update!

Well you are right....that Dream Team member had me totally convinced there was something coming to you too! I have heard that they will take time out to chat and mingle with guests, which is nice, but it certainly leads you on, doesn't it???:rotfl:

Can't wait for more!:goodvibes

Yeah, it does lead you on.:rotfl:

Great update to bad about the dreamteam:sad2: .

Thanks a bunch.:goodvibes

I just love the girls attire and the shoes really make it, great buy!!:lovestruc I can't beleive nothing came of the Dream team, nice you both knew someone from back home, but where was the dream??!:confused3 Can't wait to find out why your DH is wearing the Minnie ears.......and can't wait to see the new visor!! :goodvibes

Thanks, yep I'll have to remember to include pictures of the visor.

Your girls' outfits are precious:) MK is my fave park..too bad the Dream Team turned out to be MIA in the dream dep't. I would have had my hopes up too. Looking forward to your next up date.

Too funny.:lmao: "MIA in dthe dream department".

Hi !
Just noticed your TR and am loving it !
What a trooper you are and you seem to be doing so well you strong woman you!
I have to admit I have only been reading the report and not the comments, except the one asking what your sandals were, I had noticed them too, and wondered what they were. So I have to ask is your DH blow drying your hair every day? Sorry if you've already answered this. I think you look great, even on the days you think you don't. Also did you make the Minnie dresses?

Don't beat yourself up about not getting a dream, I just read in Tiggerbell's TR that if they are not wearing their white vest then they are in "super greeter" mode, and not giving out dreams.
Again loving the report, you familly is lovely.
Lynn

Thanks and Welcome:cheer2: From what I can remember I showered in the evenings and usually let my hair dry as I slept. Interesting about the white vests. We do end up getting either a little magical moment or little dream from a member in blue shirt still not wearing a vest later on this day. It should be in my next post.

You are doing such a great trip report! :thumbsup2 Your girls are just too cute and I'm in love :lovestruc with their minnie outfits! I do have a question if you have time to reply :goodvibes I have noticed your hubby's backpack in your pictures and I want one just like it for my hubby on our next trip...what brand is it and do you remember where you got it?

mousefan, I'll have to ask hubby about the backpack and pm you. I know we bought it a year ago before our first Disney trip. He seems to like it and it is big. We have no problem w/ space.

I absolutely love the minnie mouse outfits and i can't wait to hear the next post

Thanks a bunch.:goodvibes

The Minnie outfits look so cute on the girls! (Especially the shoes!! ;) )

Thanks. Glad you appreciate the shoes.;)

The girls look so cute in their Minnie outfits. I bought a pair of Minnie ears for myself last trip. I wore them everyday, of course. Because where else in this world can an adult woman wear a pair of ears and not get too many weird looks. ;) I love that you found matching shoes for them to wear. A girl can't wear non-matching Minnie shoes. Those dresses were really cute!! Whoever made them did a great job.

Thanks. It is true that WDW is the only place you can act like a child again and not get weird looks.:goodvibes

Then we made it back through Fantasyland to check out Mickey's Philharmagic. We love this show.
DisneyWorld2008006.jpg

When we got out DD7 wanted to ride Cinderella's carousal. DD4 and I had ridden it twice our first visit but DD7 hadn't ridden it yet this year. As we were waiting in the short line I remembered a tip I had read here on the DIS. Cinderella's horse is on the carousal and there is only one like it. You can find it by the gold ribbon around it's tail. We were the first in line for the next bunch. We were able to find the horse as it was going around. As soon as they dropped the rope DD7 took off for the horse and got it.:banana: She felt so special riding Cinderella's horse.
DisneyWorld2008007.jpg

As we exited the carousal I noticed that DD4’s Minnie ears were missing. :scared1: They were hanging onto my pocket when we went in Mickey’s Philharmagic. They must have fallen off. I managed to walk all the way back into the theatre as they were letting a crowd out. I asked and they said nobody had turned any in yet and to check back later. I knew they had probably already been snatched up by someone. Oh well.

Next we were off to one of DD7’s favorite rides. The Tomorrowland Speedway.
DisneyWorld2008009.jpg

After the Speedway we decided to go do Space Mountain. We did not do this last year. DD4 is still not big enough so she and I played in the arcade next to Space Mtn. while DH and DD7 rode. She LOVED it. So, she and I immediately rode. I hadn’t ridden this ride since I was 15. I loved it then. While it is still fun it wasn’t quite what I remembered. I look forward to seeing it w/ the new updates in a couple years. Lines were short enough that we really didn’t need the child swap pass. We snapped this picture of both girls in the arcade after DD7 rode Space Mountain 2 times.
DisneyWorld2008010.jpg

It was now getting close to time for the 3:00 parade so we went to find a place to watch. We decided we’d try to get a spot in front of the Country Bear Jamborie so that we could go straight to that attraction after the parade. We lined up against the rope when there was still plenty of room. As we were standing there another Dream team lady came and stood right next to us. She turned and explained that a band was coming but the parade would begin about 15 minutes later.

Well we had planned for me to run and get Dole Whips while waiting. So, I ran off to get Dole Whips. I kept worrying that I shouldn’t have left. What if I made our family miss out on a dream because I left. So I quickly ran and got two Dole Whips and ran back. We had never tried these but I had read so much about them that we had to try them.

When I made it back to where the family was many more people were now waiting and the Dream CM was gone. I didn’t ask about her and we started to eat our Dole Whips. Which, by the way, are good but I didn’t find them to be as extraordinary as some suggest. Not more than a minute after I came back the Dream Team CM was back. The girls were sitting in the stroller and I was sitting next to them. She crouched down and was so friendly. She said that Tinkerbelle had told Mickey about DD4 losing her Minnie ears and that Mickey had asked her to buy a new pair as a gift. She gave DD4 a bag and inside it was a brand new pair of Minnie ears. This CM was sooo sweet. I wish I could remember her name. She talked w/ the girls for quite a while and helped DD4 put on her new ears. The new ears were almost a direct match w/ previous pair except this pair was a little more elaborate w/ more sequins and such. Here she is talking to the kiddos.
DisneyWorld2008011.jpg

Here is a picture w/ DD4 wearing her new ears.
DisneyWorld2008013.jpg

Apparently while I was gone getting the Dole Whips she had struck up a conversation w/ the girls and DD7 had told her how they both had Minnie ears but Faith lost hers. The CM did not let on at all that she’d be back w/ new ears. Isn’t that sweet? DH must have been stuck by our magical moment and did not take any photos of the parade. We had great seats and could see everything.

After the parade our plan worked out great! We went straight into Country Bear Jamborie and as soon as they started a new show shortly after. We love this classic.
DisneyWorld2008014.jpg

Well, we were surely trying to fit everything into a tight schedule and next we were off the Story time with Belle. We’d never seen this but the girls wanted to catch it. I hadn’t done much research on this so I didn’t know what to expect. When we got there most all the seats were already filled w/ less than 5 minutes before the show. They allowed the girls to sit on the front corner of the stage. After seeing the show I now wonder if other parents thought I was trying to get the girls picked but that was not my intention since I didn’t know they chose children from the crowd. So, DH and I stood in the very back to watch. When I looked back up the girls were missing. I looked up on stage and a CM was giving them props. They had been chosen to participate in story time! :jumping1: Our second magical moment of the day! I told DH who had not yet noticed either. The girls weren’t quite sure what was going on but boy were they proud and excited afterwards. I have a few great pictures and I’ve also included a short bit of the video. Belle did such a great job I was so impressed. I was so glad I had the video. I ended up video taping the entire play. So cute. Of course, I am biased.
DisneyWorld2008018.jpg

DisneyWorld2008019.jpg

DisneyWorld2008020.jpg

I

Next Up:hourglass: Liberty Tree Tavern

That is so sweet....the ears. :hug: Belle's storytime is really cool! We only did that one time and my kids were chosen too. DS was papa and DD held the candlesticks like your DD. I have pics in my first TR. I think that is one of the best things for the kids at WDW and so many people don't even know about it! Our mission in December is to meet Belle in her red dress.

Speaking of dresses...the ones you bought for the girls are so cute! I love them! What a perfect outfit for the MK! You have great taste mama! :thumbsup2

WOW.....great things happened this update!! :wizard: New ears and to be part of the show!! Can't wait to see the video when it's up and running.

It's funny, I haven't been on Space Mountian in about 15 years either...looking forward to it this time with my oldest ,too. How fun!! And never knew there was an arcade next door there either! The things you learn on DIS!!:goodvibes

What a great day:yay: I'm glad the cm from the dream team brought dd new ears. They looked so cute in the the storytime show.

Congratulations on the magical moments!! :yay: I'm with you on the Dole Whips, just okay, not as great as I was expecting though!

That is so cool how the DTCM brought DD4 new ears!! I'm really excited to hear more!

Yes it was a nice surprise.

YAY!!! New ears:banana: :banana: DD and I now have matching ears!!! I can't wait to see the video.

They're nice ears.:thumbsup2

That is so sweet....the ears. :hug: Belle's storytime is really cool! We only did that one time and my kids were chosen too. DS was papa and DD held the candlesticks like your DD. I have pics in my first TR. I think that is one of the best things for the kids at WDW and so many people don't even know about it! Our mission in December is to meet Belle in her red dress.

Speaking of dresses...the ones you bought for the girls are so cute! I love them! What a perfect outfit for the MK! You have great taste mama! :thumbsup2

Yes, I saw that your kids were in Belle's storytime in your PTR recently. Does Belle do storytime in a red dress during Christmas time?

WOW.....great things happened this update!! :wizard: New ears and to be part of the show!! Can't wait to see the video when it's up and running.

It's funny, I haven't been on Space Mountian in about 15 years either...looking forward to it this time with my oldest ,too. How fun!! And never knew there was an arcade next door there either! The things you learn on DIS!!:goodvibes

You'll have to let me know what you think of Space Moutain now.

awesome tr!!!

Thanks Bean and Welcome.:banana:

I agree with you about Space Mountain. When I rode it at 14 it was so great, but last time I rode it, it didn't have the same effect.

That's so nice that the CM got you brand new Minnie ears!! :goodvibes

The girls look so cute as Lumiere and Cogsworth!

I agree with you about Space Mountain. When I rode it at 14 it was so great, but last time I rode it, it didn't have the same effect.

I second that ! The first time I rode SM I was 12 but back then it was state of the art and nothing else compared to it. Now it's old technology and all of the newer roller coasters have far suprassed it. Wonder if they're planning to completely redo it.

Still loving the TR what a great magical moment! Can you imagine how much those dream team people must love their jobs, despensing that kind of magic every day.
Lynn

What a great day:yay: I'm glad the cm from the dream team brought dd new ears. They looked so cute in the the storytime show.

Thanks, yes they were cute.:goodvibes

What a great day you had in the Magic Kingdom!!!:goodvibes

Can't wait for more!!!

It really was an almost perfect day.:lovestruc

Congratulations on the magical moments!! :yay: I'm with you on the Dole Whips, just okay, not as great as I was expecting though!

Glad I'm not the only one.;)

I second that ! The first time I rode SM I was 12 but back then it was state of the art and nothing else compared to it. Now it's old technology and all of the newer roller coasters have far suprassed it. Wonder if they're planning to completely redo it.

Still loving the TR what a great magical moment! Can you imagine how much those dream team people must love their jobs, despensing that kind of magic every day.
Lynn

Yep, though Space Mtn was good it definitely wasn't the same thrill I remember from when I went in high school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter