Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

:lovestruc LOVE the pictures, they are beautiful!!! As I knew they would be, you guys always take great pictures. And he did a wicked good job hiding your cast, too! Yes, I'm from MA, we say WICKED here a lot!! lol!!:rotfl:

I love your photos:) Wearing coral was a great idea and I think you all look very tropical..perfect for a photo shoot at the Poly. We stayed at the Poly in Sept (21-27)and loved it.I posted a very mini trippie and photos on the Poly FAQ thread when we got back. That was hard enough:lmao:

I love the pictures. They're very adorable. I'm sorry that DD7 hasn't been able to ride in the front. I used to love doing that.

The pictures are wonderful!! I agree with lmillercrew, I see a great Christmas card picture. :santa:

Your photo shoot pictures turned out great!! I love the matching outfits, can't wait to see the rest! :)

I love the pictures:goodvibes . Those colors are great on all of you. What a beautiful family. I can't wait to see morepopcorn:: . I'm sad a the thought of it ending:sad1: .

Fantastic pictures! I'm going to have to look into a photo shoot. I think it would be neat.

What a beautiful family! And perfectly coordinated too!:thumbsup2

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!! They came out great!

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing.

Great photos from your photo shoot! Are you going to use any of them for your Christmas cards?

:lovestruc LOVE the pictures, they are beautiful!!! As I knew they would be, you guys always take great pictures. And he did a wicked good job hiding your cast, too! Yes, I'm from MA, we say WICKED here a lot!! lol!!:rotfl:

I love your photos:) Wearing coral was a great idea and I think you all look very tropical..perfect for a photo shoot at the Poly. We stayed at the Poly in Sept (21-27)and loved it.I posted a very mini trippie and photos on the Poly FAQ thread when we got back. That was hard enough:lmao:

I love the pictures. They're very adorable. I'm sorry that DD7 hasn't been able to ride in the front. I used to love doing that.

The pictures are wonderful!! I agree with lmillercrew, I see a great Christmas card picture. :santa:

Your photo shoot pictures turned out great!! I love the matching outfits, can't wait to see the rest! :)

Great pictures! I love the colors of your outfits, especially the girls dresses!

I love the pictures:goodvibes . Those colors are great on all of you. What a beautiful family. I can't wait to see morepopcorn:: . I'm sad a the thought of it ending:sad1: .

Thanks a bunch I'm glad you all like them too.:thumbsup2

Here are a few more pictures from the photo shoot.:goodvibes

image220.jpg

image212.jpg

image202.jpg

image235-2.jpg

image222.jpg

image230.jpg

image263.jpg

Up Next:hourglass: How we spend our free day.:banana:

The fourth picture in the second photo shoot one looks like you have no feet! :rotfl:

Great pics and you are sooo lucky! You have your Christmas card photo for sure! That is always such a stress for me.

I absolutely LOVE the hammock shots! They are great!! They are pretty and casual...think Christmas cards!!!:confused3 The one of you and DH is nice too....as parents, we always tend to just get pictures of the kids, so that is so nice to have a great shot of the two of you. And the girls...what else can I say? Just beautiful!! You made out well with the photo shoot!!! :goodvibes

Free day...still have my suspisions.....can't wait to see if I'm right!!:surfweb:

I love your new pics. You picked the perfect colors for the shoot too! Great eye mama! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I really stressed about the colors. We bought those outfits long before even booking the shoot. I kept second guessing them but stuck w/ them.

The fourth picture in the second photo shoot one looks like you have no feet! :rotfl:

Yeah those hammocks are huge.:goodvibes

Great pics and you are sooo lucky! You have your Christmas card photo for sure! That is always such a stress for me.

Oh thanks, hmmmm:rolleyes: Which picture should I use?

I absolutely LOVE the hammock shots! They are great!! They are pretty and casual...think Christmas cards!!!:confused3 The one of you and DH is nice too....as parents, we always tend to just get pictures of the kids, so that is so nice to have a great shot of the two of you. And the girls...what else can I say? Just beautiful!! You made out well with the photo shoot!!! :goodvibes

Free day...still have my suspisions.....can't wait to see if I'm right!!:surfweb:

It's true. I don't think hubby and I have formal pictures just the two of use in almost 10 years.:scared1:

Great shots! Thanks for posting them!!! :goodvibes

Well the shoot took only about 30 minutes. Here are a couple more then I'll move on.;)
If you look closely you can see the castle in the background.
image258.jpg

And one of my favorites. That's right photographer, just have him kiss me and we don't have to worry about the squinting.:lmao:
image233.jpg

After our photo shoot DH was really hungry. We had done our usual grab breakfast from room but for some reason it didn't hold over today. Maybe because our dinner was pretty early at Mama's yesterday. Originally I did have O'hana breakfast reservations for this morning. The reservation didn't come up on our print up when we arrived and I had decided we'd just go there for our dinner reservation tomorrow. DH wanted to wait an hour until our res. time and hope they find our name. I really wanted to move on with our day. So, we compromised and decided to try out Captain Cook's. The CS restaurant at Poly. Wow, it really is a great CS breakfast. We all felt very satisfied after eating there. I got a croissantwich that was very good. DH got a breakfast platter that hit the spot for him. They have beautiful outdoor seating here that we really enjoyed. I also liked how you ordered on computer screens then it printed a receipt which you took to a clerk and were given a beeper until your food was ready. So efficient.:thumbsup2 I recommend this CS spot if you want to stop by Poly but not sit down for long TS.
DisneyWorld2008085.jpg

Once we finished we found our way to the bus stop to head to . .

BLIZZARD BEACH:beach: :cutie: :yay: :beach:
image275.jpg

You may or may not remember that on our 5th day we did Typhoon Lagoon and LOVED it. We did not want to leave. We had only paid for one day admission so I did not plan on going to another Water Park. A couple days back I had decided to call WDW info to inquire if it'd be at all possible to upgrade our one day tickets to Water Park and More passes. I was told that it was "possible" but that it depended on the clerk at any guest services location. That is what we were doing at guest services at HS yesterday. I was really hoping we'd get a nice CM and we did.:thumbsup2 I was lucky that I have an organized DH who held onto the paper tickets and still had them. It was less that $60 more to upgrade our tickets. (If we had paid another 1 day pass for each of us it would have been $157. We also still had our unused Disney Reward card. We used that to pay the difference and we were cleared for another day at the water park. Well actually we could have had 9 more days but unfortunately did not have that much time.:sad2: We thought we might make it to Disney Quest in the evening but we didn't.

It was so kind of DH to allow us to do a water park since water is definitely not #1 for him. We weren't sure if we should do TL again since we loved it so much or try on BB. We chose BB mainly because DD7 wanted to check out the Ski Patrol Training Camp. Which is supposed to be ideal for kids over 48". I was so excited to get another day at a Disney water park.:cutie:

When we arrived the girls ran right up to the snow men and the photo pass guy took tons of pictures as we all made our way to the snowmen. Here's a couple he got of each girl.
image272.jpg

image271.jpg

I had researched TL before leaving but not BB since we didn't think we'd be visiting it. I didn't really have any sort of plan. We ofcourse first got a locker and then set up camp by some lawn chairs. Even though it was after 11 we still we able to find chairs in the shade in the Tikes Peak area. This area wasn't the best because DD7 was too tall for the slides but it worked for a place to play in the sand and rest.

The first thing we did was get in line to ride the lift up to the family raft ride. This really was the only place where there was a slight line. We stood in line for almost 10 minutes but it was worth it to be able to watch people sliding at unreal speed down Summit Plummit. That takes some guts I tell ya. You will never, ever see me volunteer for that. Of course I had an easy out because I was not permitted on body slides w/ a cast. The only thing that is a little strange is that they are sure to fill all 3 seats on the lift. Since there were four in our party we split up 2 and 2. People from the single line are then put into the third seat. I was a little uncomfortable sitting half naked that close to a stranger. I also noticed that parties of 2 had to wait for more strangers to ride in the raft with. That too might make me a little uncomfortable. I've noticed in other TR that even parties of 4 have to pair up w/ two more. I think because it was not real busy we were allowed to go down just the four of us.

We were glad that we had done the TL raft ride first. We had loved that ride. Well Teamboat Springs puts the other one to shame. It is the worlds largest family raft ride. The girls giggled and we'd all stop and say WOW. It was unreal how it just kept going and going. Amazing. Two thumbs up. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

So of course once we exited the raft ride we immediately went to do it again. Once again we waited in line for the lift. We again watched Summit Plummit as we road the lift. It's pretty neat how they have a read out at the bottom of the slide that tells each person how fast they got. It was usually above 60 mph.

We enjoyed the second family raft ride just as much. To be honest I think we would have been happy just riding that ride all day.:rotfl: We then went to Runoff Rapids and rode their double tube rides. It was fun to be able to ride in a double w/ DD4.

Next we made our way to the Ski Patrol kids play area. DD4 was allowed to play here as well she just needed assisted by DH or I. This really is a neat area for the kids to play in. DD7 liked walking across the icebergs. The tube ride for the kids here is not too shaby either. I attempted to carry a tube up and have DD4 carry hers. It's not a long way but she struggled and I definitely couldn't help her w/ my arms. I was able to carry mine w/ my casted arm and my head. When we got to the top there is a place for two tubes. So I was doing my best to help DD4 situate into her tube and I placed my tube in the other spot. I turn around and this random woman is literally taking out my tube that I'd worked so hard to get up and getting in herself. :scared1: Thankfully when I asked her to back off and wait she did. Sometimes you wonder what is going through peoples heads.:sad2: So I was able to scoot DD4 off in front and me right after. After that I left that particular tube ride up to DD7 or DH. There were also fun bumpy slides that went straight into the water. DD4 and I spent some time doing that while DD7 was in line for the zip line. She loved the zip line!
image279.jpg

image281.jpg

We played in this area for at least an hour, then it was time for lunch.

Up Next: The rest of our FREE DAY at BB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter