• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa 09/28 - 12/23 Code

ok i'm beside myself with thanks for what you guys have done for me. i called and was able to apply code DGL to my existing reservation and they are refunding $412.86 back to my credit card !!!!!! You guys are wonderfull thanjk you. My 25th wedding aniversary celebration was just made alot happier.

For QXD (or any package code) it could just mean the availability is not there for the resort, or dates you want. They appear to be very limited and going fast. However with all the modifications to bookings going on something else could easily open up, as long as the inventory goes back against the package.
Could also depend if there is a minimum night stay, 3 as example, and a guest wants 1 or 2.
Lots of variables.

So has DGL worked for anyone that booked online? I booked online and will be calling to try to get my discount as soon as I get home.

Or would it be better to book again online and cancel the other? How easy is it to cancel?

I called disney and got a great CM who explained it all to me very well. A king isn't an option for us because we have two kids. I thought we could do that but he said only 2 are allowed in a king room? Anyway he said that I can book my own reservation anytime I want and just to keep calling back with codes to see if anything opens up. If I book my own reservation I can just cancel with my Travel agent if I get a better deal. I like the idea of having some power.

Is there anyone who can give me a good list of codes because he kept asking me for codes and I was frantically searching trying to find anything possible.

thanks so much.

Yeah the only way you can book a King with more than 2 people is if the 3rd person is under the age of three.

My AAA agent just called me--for Oct. 11-19 there was NO availability anywhere except All Star Sports! Can you believe that? She was really surprised considering the code just came out this morning. I'm not switching to ASSP from Pop even though it would save $301; is that crazy? My dd7 and I would be so unhappy there, dh wouldn't care I'm sure. I'm just hoping they're wrong about no visa discount later on....

On line codes are different than those guests call in to book against. Just wanted to mention. I don't know if DGL is for on line bookings or not.

after getting the latest break down of codes here on the dis board - i called, armed with more knowledge! i am so very pleased - i had the gal check 2 codes - DGL and DGP

DGL was cheaper by $100 dollars - i booked 4 nights at pop century wtih park hopper and dining plan for $771.
Becky

We used the DGL code today. Had both codes but tried DGL first and it worked! Yay! But, curious, does anyone know what the difference is between DGL or DGP, or what kind of codes they are? Becky, was there anything different about your stuff between the 2 codes other than price?
thanks!

LOL just spent another on the phone changing from BC to WL. I didn't save though because I booked a courtyard view since that is all they had.

Just got off the phone (had NO wait time :goodvibes ) and tried to use the QXD code to make a switch to my old ressie. CM told me that code actually starts Jan 11-Dec. of next year! hmmm But he got the DGL (I think that is the one he said) and I was able to get ASMo from THanksgiving day to Dec. 1 at about $49 a night! So there must not be any blackout dates. Saved over $338! (would have been more but I upgraded to preferred and got PH on our tickets!!! THanks everyone for the info!!!

Tried to use DGP and QXR but they said my dates (Dec 7-11) are blackout dates.
I don't get why people get told different things!!!:headache:

Tried to use DGP and QXR but they said my dates (Dec 7-11) are blackout dates.
I don't get why people get told different things!!!:headache:

Playing around online with the AP codes, I have discovered: technically there are no black out dates for the code, but certain hotels have black out dates or bigger discounts on some days than others.

My dates are 10/25-11/2
  • No discount on the Poly 10/25, 10/31, or 11/1 (discounted nights around 18.8%)
  • The GF has discounts on all those nights (figured it to be 17.25% per night)
  • The Ft. Wilderness Cabins has discounts on all nights, but a smaller discount on 10/30, 10/31, and 11/1

Playing around online with the AP codes, I have discovered: technically there are no black out dates for the code, but certain hotels have black out dates or bigger discounts on some days than others.

My dates are 10/25-11/2
  • No discount on the Poly 10/25, 10/31, or 11/1 (discounted nights around 18.8%)
  • The GF has discounts on all those nights (figured it to be 17.25% per night)
  • The Ft. Wilderness Cabins has discounts on all nights, but a smaller discount on 10/30, 10/31, and 11/1

I asked for ANY Hotel with those discounts. The CM said there are none for those dates.

Just got off the phone (had NO wait time :goodvibes )

Ditto here. I was stunned that I wasn't on hold forever. I had a room only ressie for Oct 3 - 6 at POFQ (king/preferred) with a AAA discount that was going to run me $530 for JUST the room for 3 nights. I was able to use the QXD code and booked a standard room at POFQ for 3 nights (hoping for a little pixie dust so that I can upgrade to a king room when we check in...willing to pay for it pixiedust:), with a 1 day MYW ticket (not hopper/no water park & more) and the dining plan for myself and DD5 for $630.90.

So for $100 more I now have park tickets for Saturday (doing MNSSHP on Sunday) and we can eat ;) Already have ADRs for 1900 PF and LTT so I was already just under the $630 anyway w/only a room and 2 meals. Now we have 1 more TS plus quick serves and snacks!

It's been a good day. Wishing everyone else good luck too :cloud9:

I don't know what else to do. I've called Disney 7 times today trying to use a discount code for Pop 12/6 to 14th and the code I'm using is valid but there is no rooms available at all. All the CM's I've spoke to told me to keep trying. I've even tried different dates and the All stars but nothing. I'm so happy for the rest of you who are getting your discounts though. I'm not giving up either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter