• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa 09/28 - 12/23 Code

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
I got a pincode from Disney Visa yesterday.

With a slight downgrade (originally booked Poly garden view, now have Contemporary garden view) and pincode, I saved $2930 off of 2 rooms/ one week. Booking without pincode was about $900 difference, so the pincode saved me about $2000.

They could not apply it to the Poly for Thanksgiving week.

Good Luck to everyone waiting. I think they will offer to the public within a week - 10 days.

I have never heard of a Disney Visa pincode - is it a "regular" code, for all Disney Visa holders? Or a pincode specific to you? :confused3

I have never heard of a Disney Visa pincode - is it a "regular" code, for all Disney Visa holders? Or a pincode specific to you? :confused3

I dont know. It came in a letter from Disney Visa, addressed to me. I dont know if everyone got it or just me.

Considering the last offer Disney gave to the public was for trips ending 09/27, and this offer is valid starting 09/28, I assume it will be available to everyone..Disney Cardholders first as usual. It was a 16 digit code, not a 3 letter code.

Hmmm, very interesting! I have a Disney Visa and didn't get any such thing, and a 16 digit code sounds more like a targeted pin code. Of course, I won't whine, 'cause I had a "regular" pincode from January that was good for my October dates. Now I'm just looking for a code for family that decided to come for part of the time...I wonder if there will be a "regular" cardholder promotion (i.e. the 3-letter code type deal we sorta expect) or if they're doing these more targeted things now??

I have a DISNEY VISA and I never hear about the specials until AFTER I hear from the DISboard. I get an e-mail like 4 weeks later. :confused3

I just logged into my account to see if I had any messages from them and didn't see anything for us either... I also didn't see the old promo anywhere either...

touringplans.com is reporting that the code will come out 8/14 to the general public...

Here is the Info

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

Like Marvin Gaye, we heard this through the grapevine:

General public WDW discount coming Aug 14. Travel 9/24 - 12/23. Must buy room and tickets, and it's a discount on the room.

While that's the sum total of what we know, we expect a Disney Visa cardholder discount to come out a couple of days before that. The usual disclaimers apply.

I so need a code! I really want to bump our stay out of the Values and into something better, preferrably a 1 or 2 bedroom at OKW or a couple of nicely discounted rooms at the Poly or GF.

touringplans.com is reporting that the code will come out 8/14 to the general public...

Here is the Info

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

Like Marvin Gaye, we heard this through the grapevine:

General public WDW discount coming Aug 14. Travel 9/24 - 12/23. Must buy room and tickets, and it's a discount on the room.

While that's the sum total of what we know, we expect a Disney Visa cardholder discount to come out a couple of days before that. The usual disclaimers apply.

WOW K!!!! I am crossing my fingers we can get in some of that action over the week we are there! Come on pixie dust!:wizard:

I also have a Disney visa and have not received anything. I really hope we get first dibbs, I too would love to upgrade from value to OKW if posible or even CR. Here's some pixiedust: for us all!

I also have the Disney VISA, but haven't gotten anything. Did you get in snail mail or email?

I have a Disney Visa, and the only thing I received was a Disney rewards Fall 2008 newsletter. Was it in there? I just got it today. Thanks for the headsup!:thumbsup2

Nothing from our Disney Visa yet, but emails take time to trickle through (we're paperless) and our last name begins with a letter towards the end of the alphabet. Our email address of record is mid-alphabet.

I will be looking. I want first dibs!!

I have a Disney Visa, and the only thing I received was a Disney rewards Fall 2008 newsletter. Was it in there? I just got it today. Thanks for the headsup!:thumbsup2

Corey and I both have our own Disney Visa's and we both got the newsletters and neither of us has gotten a code. :sad2:

You've got to be kidding me! :mad: So am I understanding this correctly? Now Disney Visa has pin codes that they only send out to the lucky few? :confused3 The last thing I needed was another credit card. The only reason I got it is for the discount before it gets to the general public.

That's pretty messed up if they only offer discounts to random Disney Visa holders. That doesn't make sense.

I also have a disney visa and no code here. I guess its another waiting game. Being a 1st timer to wdw i sure was hoping to get lucky but looks like i will be paying rack for everything.

From past history is the visa code better than the wdw package usually released mid august???

Okay, I have a question with a ressie I already made, and tickets. I've asked this before but not much response. Hope it's okay to post in this thread.

I got a disney visa card and am hoping to get a disney visa pin or code or discount that is usually released in about a week or so from now. I was getting nervous about having some sort of room, with some discount, so called to book CBR for mid Nov with AAA. wanted to do a package with rm to be able to apply disney visa discount when it came out, but to use the AAA myself, I had to do room only. When I asked about tickets, he convinced me I should buy tickets then cause ticket prices would be up in a few days. I thought he said I could apply new discount and do a package, now I'm worried he was wrong and I jumped the gun and should have just waited.

I'm afraid that the discount that will come out first for disney visa will be for package only and I won't be able to use it, without buying another ticket to make package. That I would have to wait for the room only, and by then they may not have any available for CBR. (may not be a problem, as last yr I booked in Sep with gen. pub. discount, but..) Any chance they will convert my tickets and the room ressie(drop AAA then) into a package to use with the disney visa code(assuming one comes out I can use)? Or, should I call and drop the AAA discount now, and see if I can make my room and tickets I have separately right now into a package and then they can apply the discount code when it comes out?

I hope this makes sense and someone has some answers! I really don't want to have to purchase one more day of tickets to get a package, since I already bought 2 10 day hoppers, and another day of tickets. I'm thinking maybe I should call and cancel AAA discount and try to combine tickets with my room ressie at rack rate in anticipation of the disney visa code for packages, but just don't know if it's even possible or best.

Anyone?

Also, to the OP, did you get the disney visa pin in a special mail specifically telling you of discount, or did you get it attached to your bill?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter