Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Hi Everyone, :wave2:

I am jumping in again! Looking forward to this fabulous journey with all you wonderful folks.

I'll be applying for WDW again this year.

Here's a little pixie dust: for a wonderful application year!

Hi Everyone, :wave2:

I am jumping in again! Looking forward to this fabulous journey with all you wonderful folks.

I'll be applying for WDW again this year.

Here's a little pixie dust: for a wonderful application year!

Welcome back!!

If the ride is starting earlier, I wonder if that is because some of us have fast passes?!?

:rotfl:

I'm baaaaaacccccck! The definition of insanity..... :lmao::lmao:

This is like a class reunion every year! It is so fun to "see" everyone.

Anne

I am joining in on the fun again this year. I can't wait for the craziness to start all over again!

I think it already has.:)

Gary has been tweeting regularly about this year's MP process. He is @gary_jerry on Twitter.

Today's tidbits:
*They won't take applications for a speciality if there are no spots available
*There will be at least 4 rounds this year
*Social media isn't crucial, but it is one of the things they will look at

I'm ready for the process to begin. It's kind of like hoping that certain someone will finally ask you out on a date. I was just wondering, does "Words with Friends" constitute social media presence? Ha, ha.

I'm ready for the process to begin. It's kind of like hoping that certain someone will finally ask you out on a date. I was just wondering, does "Words with Friends" constitute social media presence? Ha, ha.

"Words with Friends" totally counts in my book. I play while waiting for a bus at our resort or waiting for a parade in MK to begin. I'll often message where I am, like FB ;-)

I do not do facebook or twitter. DIS and WDW already take up too much of my time!! I guess I will not make it very far :)

I will be trying again this year. Last year was my first time trying and I made it to Round 2. I'm also on FB and Twitter so I may not always comment here. I'm also training for the TOT ten miler, so I should be out running instead of playing on the internet.

The Disney Parks Moms Panel is a group of everyday moms (and dads!) who Disney chooses as volunteers to help other guests plan their vacations by answering questions via the Moms Panel website, http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com.

New panelists get a paid trip to WDW in December, but as far as I know that's the extent of it.

New panelists get a training trip in December and then earn a reward trip for their work done and meeting their quota each week

Curious about the social media element. How important do you all think it is? I'm pretty active on Twitter, but my hubby shuns Facebook due to privacy concerns. I'm not a blogger, either, just your average, run-of-the-mill Disney fan. I did make it to R3 last year, though. I've looked up a few of the current panelists, and it doesn't look like they're all a bunch of bloggers or anything.

Well...let the second-guessing, hair-pulling, stress-inducing, and oh-so-amazing fun begin! :)

I'm really curious about the social media thing. How important do you all suppose it is? I'm pretty active on Twitter, but DH shuns Facebook due to privacy concerns. I don't have a blog, either. I did make it to R3 last year, though. So I wonder if a little social media is ok, or if that's what sunk me in the final round last time (though I'm inclined to think my phone interview could have been stronger...).

Well, let the fun begin!!! :)

I'm really curious about the social media thing. How important do you all suppose it is? I'm pretty active on Twitter, but DH shuns Facebook due to privacy concerns. I don't have a blog, either. I did make it to R3 last year, though. So I wonder if a little social media is ok, or if that's what sunk me in the final round last time (though I'm inclined to think my phone interview could have been stronger...). Well, let the fun begin!!! :)
I wouldn't worry about the social media aspect of it too much, especially since you made it to R3. I'm sure it's helpful to have some social media presence, not that you'd have to have all the SM platforms, being that there are so many.

Following!

I made it to round 2 last year and that was it :(

Hoping to try again this year!!

I wouldn't worry about the social media aspect of it too much, especially since you made it to R3. I'm sure it's helpful to have some social media presence, not that you'd have to have all the SM platforms, being that there are so many.

Thanks for the advice! You're right, there's definitely a glut of SM platforms out there. One for just about every interest you've got! I see lots of the current panelists on Twitter, and I'm sure many are likely on FB, too. And while some of them are certainly bloggers, I'm fairly sure that not all of them are.

I saw one of our fellow 2015 hopefuls say this is the most wonderful time if the year. So true. Try to enjoy the ride and not stress over what we can't control!

Pixie dust to all!

Happy to find this thread. :) We moved our regular trip up a few weeks just so I could apply this year. Last trip was in April of 2013 so wouldn't count if we took our usual mid september trip.

I just couldn't pass up applying. I've applied twice before, last year and a few years prior to that. Though last year I didn't make it passed round 1. I'm really hopeful this year, but even if I don't get it, I love the process and seeing the results and the happy and excited ladies and gents who get picked to be the new 'moms'.

Good luck to everyone here, now bring on Disney! pixiedust:

Curious about the social media element. How important do you all think it is? I'm pretty active on Twitter, but my hubby shuns Facebook due to privacy concerns.

Twitter is Gary's favorite social media platform. You are good. ;)

UPDATE from Gary, "Another #DisneyMP Search tip. Check DisneyParksMomsPanel.com. I foresee an official announcement about dates within the next 17 days."

So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter